PDA

View Full Version : FAST duelsync distributor

J-440
06-17-2012, 11:11 AM
This thing is really hindering my engine start today (it's pissing me off!!) Got a Mopar 440, FAST XFI, and everything is brand new. I've got the key on, the negative wire disconnected from the coil, and am rotating this thing clockwise per instructions. All the wires are connected correctly and this thing still refuses to work. Will the LEDs still come on if the distributor is pulled out of the motor when rotated? :confused:

David Pozzi
06-22-2012, 05:28 AM
I dont know anything about those distributors, but what comes to mind is you may need to connect a ground wire from Distributor to engine to test that way.

Jim Nilsen
06-24-2012, 02:38 AM
When setting up my Accel dual sync distributor the grounds have to be connected. I have to dis connect the est wire that gives spark to the ecu , the coil power and the injection harness. But I am sure yours is different but the grounds have to be connected for anything to ever work. Are there grounds from the distributor that have to be hooked up? I have a ground for the cam sensor and the crank sensor.

I can understand your frustration , I have been there. The directions for some of these setups are pretty bad so reread them or have a friend go step by step reading them as you do the work so you get another set of eyes on the instructions.

Goodluck

J-440
06-24-2012, 09:00 AM
Jim, the distributor itself is the ground. The FAST guy told me. As for a cam and crank sensor, I have neither (It's a 44 yr old motor). I basically have 4 sensors on the motor and an O2 sensor...that's it. I have been on FAST's website and there is not a lot of discussion on the topic. Thanks for the input.

MrForce
06-24-2012, 05:16 PM
1) To test the distributor out of the engine, wrap a stripped back wire around the shaft and ground it wherever the ECU is grounded.
2) The distributor is the cam and crank sensor.
3) Did you ground/jumper the unused crank input?

Rob

J-440
06-25-2012, 02:40 AM
Force...unused crank input? Don't think I saw that wire. I've got a FAST technician that does house calls coming over Wednesday to get this puppy lit. If he can't get it working, I'll be back on here Thursday cussing up a storm!!