PDA

View Full Version : Chop Chop

4OfaKind
07-21-2005, 10:18 AM
Can someone photochop this 56 Hardtop for me please?
I would like to see what it would look like w/ the trim off this 57 chevy. Also, could you make the 56 all white?

Thanks

Supercharged 86
07-21-2005, 10:45 AM
Do you just want to add the steaks from the '57 or replace the trim entirely? I personally like the '56 trim better, but I'll try to put it together for you.

TonyL
07-21-2005, 11:02 AM
SACRALIGE!

just kidding. I'll give it a shot when i get home. should be interesting.

4OfaKind
07-21-2005, 11:34 AM
SACRALIGE!

:rolleyes5 Hey I know it is against the grain (and I have a feeling I won't like it) but I got it in my head and I won't be satisfied until I see what it looks like.

Do you just want to add the steaks from the '57 or replace the trim entirely?

I just want to change the side trim. The 56 210 looks similar to the 57 trim until you get to the paint devider and rear fender "fins".

Thanks for the help guys.

Supercharged 86
07-21-2005, 06:58 PM
Well, it wasn't coming out nice and I actually couldn't get it to look right in white so I think it might be up to your imagination.

4OfaKind
07-22-2005, 08:37 AM
My imagination tells me it will look sweet, just do it. :secret: I don't trust my imagination. Anyone else care to try.

DarkBuddha
07-24-2005, 12:49 PM
Here's my quicky version... Just a warning though: I don't think this would be all that easy to pull off in the "real world". It'd require a fair bit of reshaping and modification of the '57 trim I think, not to mention the body work necessary to remove the '56 trim. Otherwise, I think it looks cool enough:

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Hope this helps...

DarkBuddha
07-24-2005, 02:01 PM
I don't know many of the differences between the '56 and '57, or between hardtop and post coupe versions of the same cars, but I was looking at my previous photochop and thought it would look better if the rear part of the '57 trim would start right at the end of the door on the '56, thus better following the contour of the quarter. On the '57, the trim starts behind the door, where the quarter panel dips down before rising again. Is this a difference between post coupes and hardtops??? Either way, I think this version would really look killer, but it'd also take quite a bit of work I suspect:

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://imageshack.us)

4OfaKind
07-26-2005, 04:49 PM
DB,
That looks great! :1st: :woot: :cool::icon996: You are the man! PM me your address so I can slip you a $20 bill!

Is this a difference between post coupes and hardtops??? Either way, I think this version would really look killer, but it'd also take quite a bit of work I suspect:

I don't think there is a difference between Post & HT Coupe '57s. I have a '56 Post so I don't know for sure. The reason I came up w/ this idea is because I wanted a better way to do the two tone divide if I go two tone like Chevy designed. I like this subtle shift in the body line because I could put an offsetting color (like red or red flames) between the trim lines in the rear fin.

Thanks again Dark!

DarkBuddha
07-26-2005, 05:48 PM
DB,
That looks great! :1st: :woot: :cool::icon996: You are the man! PM me your address so I can slip you a $20 bill!

I don't think there is a difference between Post & HT Coupe '57s. I have a '56 Post so I don't know for sure. The reason I came up w/ this idea is because I wanted a better way to do the two tone divide if I go two tone like Chevy designed. I like this subtle shift in the body line because I could put an offsetting color (like red or red flames) between the trim lines in the rear fin.

Thanks again Dark!
:thankyou: Glad to do it, and no payment necessary... I do 'em strictly for fun these days, especially since I don't have a ton of time to do photochops much anymore. Just one request: if you do decide to do it, make sure you post before and after pics so I know how close my photochop was.