PDA

View Full Version : pinion angle help

brownz
06-14-2012, 04:36 PM
Okay I have done a bunch or searching and really did not find what I want so here it goes

I have a ls1 t56 in my 79 camaro with a moser 12 bolt rear and a ride tech four link with heim joints.

Now I cant get my trans up any higher so I need to know if I will have any issues with the way i have this setup.

My trans tail shaft is pointing down 3.7* and my rear diff is pointing up 4.5* so that gives me a drive line angle of 1.2* ???

I have read that you want the rear end to be down so when you apply torque to the rear end it will come up and level out. With the four link would it even move enough to worry about it?

I dont have any vibrations but I want to make sure that when I go to auto cross or maybe hit the drag strip I wont have a issue.

Im all confused!!!

k7king
06-14-2012, 05:50 PM
I believe if the tail shaft is 3.7 down the rearend should be 3.7 up.

Chad-1stGen
06-15-2012, 08:19 AM
I have read that you want the rear end to be down so when you apply torque to the rear end it will come up and level out. With the four link would it even move enough to worry about it?

The above part of your post makes me think you are talking to drag racers? Setting your driveline angles for smooth vibration free and long u-joint life is one thing. Setting up the rear for a launch at the drags is another.

I just posted this link in another thread but this write up from inland empire driveline explains what you want for a street driven car.

http://www.iedls.com/asp/admin/getFile.asp?RID=10&TID=28&FN=PDF

dontlifttoshift
06-15-2012, 11:17 AM
3.7* up at the diff is ideal if nothing ever moved. I like 1 degree down from parallel, in your case set the diff at 2.7* up.