PDA

View Full Version : Build speaker Pods need speakers.....

61ragtop
06-10-2012, 05:11 PM
I built new speaker pods for my Alpine Type-R 6 1/2 components only to find out one speaker is toast (seized coil). So I need new components.

What is a good 6 1/2 component that has a good full sound? They are going in the front of a 1961 Impala conv, run of of an alpine V12 amp, don't recall the power rating but can look it up if needed. I don't have any other audio in the car other than the deck, but if the fronts are not full enough will have to add subs and or rear fill in the future.

Ay Ideas or recommendations?

Here are my pods....They are steel construction and dynamat lined on the inside as well.....

CRead01
06-10-2012, 07:48 PM
so why not get another set of the type R's? were you unhappy with the sound? I have had a couple set of type R and type s alpine and have been happy. I like Focal but they cost quite a bit more.

61ragtop
06-10-2012, 08:09 PM
I never really had the chance o hear the Type-R's in the pods they were free aired in the vent holes and understandably sounded horrible. The one that is still good sounds good at low-mid levels but flutters at high volume. Maybe it is the pods i made I am not sure.

blakes72x
06-10-2012, 08:39 PM
never was a fan of alpine

i really like infinity speakers if your on a budget otherwise check out some of JBL's higher end stuff its really nice

i had a set of 4 jbl c608gti mkii components on my old trans am and damn were they crazy loud and crystal clear all day long with a great amount of mid bass theres some youtube videos that will show just how awesome these speakers are

i plan on grabbing some more for my nova here soon

MK69RSSS
06-10-2012, 11:30 PM
JL AUDIO always rock

ehummelman
06-11-2012, 06:13 AM
Go ask the same question on DIYMA.com, I have found that site to be very informative and they don't mind newbies asking these kinds of questions. You probably could just read a bit on there and get your answer though. It's all going to depend on budget, but I would recommend you get a decent sub anyway to fill out the sound. THat's a pretty big car and a vert to boot. It's asking a lot for a set of components to do the job by themselves.

makoshark
06-11-2012, 02:11 PM
Exodus Anarchy...if you can fit them. I think they are a bit larger than 6.5". I have a pair and they sound phenomenal. Only speaker of it's size that covers such a large frequency range. They are cheap too!

61ragtop
06-11-2012, 05:39 PM
Go ask the same question on DIYMA.com, I have found that site to be very informative and they don't mind newbies asking these kinds of questions. You probably could just read a bit on there and get your answer though. It's all going to depend on budget, but I would recommend you get a decent sub anyway to fill out the sound. THat's a pretty big car and a vert to boot. It's asking a lot for a set of components to do the job by themselves.

awesome thanks I will look there and see what I can learn.....

hifi875
06-11-2012, 06:30 PM
Jl c5 650. The best for the money,