PDA

View Full Version : Tail of the Dragon run ( short notice)

1981silverz28
06-08-2012, 06:25 PM
https://www.pro-touring.com/images/icons/icon1.png Tail of the Dragon run ( short notice)
Me and 71duster are going to go run the Dragon Sunday and thought I’d see if anyone else would be interested in a good cruise and we’ll find a great place for lunch and supper also probably in Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg .We have no set schedule to keep so I’m very flexible ...Come join us on the Dragon !!!

Mr.VENGEANCE
06-08-2012, 07:04 PM
watch out for the 5-0

Hunter68
06-08-2012, 09:19 PM
im down for a dragon run but i work all day sunday

Slick68
06-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Am I late on this? The truck wasn't running anyway, but we could have taken the wife's new toy. She got an 88 GT Stang Vert a couple months ago.

Hunter68
06-11-2012, 05:45 PM
not to late slick, nothing has been planned.

1981silverz28
06-14-2012, 01:37 PM
We can plan something for this weekend on saturday or next weekend either day . The weather this weekend is supposed to be really nice . Let me know what you guys want/can do .

TheJDMan
06-20-2012, 05:28 PM
I have a question for you guys that have driven the tail of the dragon. I see pictures of semi-trucks that have dropped off the edge of the pavement. Are there a lot of trucks that drive that road? In general how much traffic is on that road on a typical weekend?

BuzzKillian
06-20-2012, 05:44 PM
If there is a Semi on that road, he is lost...:hand: The biggest truck I have seen, was an Ambulance or maybe a Roll Back. There always seems to be a lot of bikes. The times that I went were with the RTTH, so there were lots of muscle cars too.

1981silverz28
06-21-2012, 07:38 AM
There is always a chance to meet a semi there because their dispatchers are morons and send them that way . I've run it a couple hundred times and only met one . COPS are the biggest concern ,next would be bikes in your lane or non-driving people in cars . I usually go on a weekday evening if I need stress relief and want to run it hard because the weekends are usually crowded . Cherohala Skyway ,Dragon , and Foothills Parkway make a loop of my favorite roads to drive . Since there seems to be no interest in a group getting together this weekend I may just go to the Cleveland TN cruise-in Sat.and grab dinner and a movie with my girlfriend.