PDA

View Full Version : Any "quiet" sway bar tips?

tripower
07-20-2005, 05:31 PM
I'll be installing my front sway bar hopefully this weekend. Are there any tips besides liberally spreading the "goo" that comes with the bar on the body bushings to help keep the bar from binding and squeeking?

I believe I've read that teflon tape wrapped around the bar at the bushing mounting points helps. Is this true and does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks in advance.

astroracer
07-21-2005, 01:56 AM
I've had a complete set of poly bushings in my truck since I dropped it in '99. I've never had a problem with bushing squeak. I lubed everything really well when I put it together but haven't touched it since... I probably just jinxed myself... :bananna2:
Mark

70L34
07-21-2005, 05:14 AM
Teflon tape has always worked well for me

tripower
07-22-2005, 12:32 PM
Silly question... I assume you wrap the bar in teflon then lube over the tape at the contact points for the body bushings. Does this sound correct? Thanks.

MrQuick
07-22-2005, 03:31 PM
either that or roll it up and stuff em in your ears....sorry.... if you keep em lubed you will have NO problems. The Energy suspension ones are nice with zerk fitting and lube channels.

tripower
07-22-2005, 05:02 PM
They make great ear plugs!!! :) These brackets don't accomodate fittings and there are no channels in the bushing. (That would have been 1st prize) Once you set up the "static" brackets, these doesn't appear to be any way of keeping them lubricated. If there is, I'm all "ears"...

MrQuick
07-22-2005, 05:09 PM
What size bar do you have?