PDA

View Full Version : disc brake question

91hrdbdy
06-05-2012, 10:47 PM
hey yall i have a 79 malibu i just did a full brake swap i cant get the front tires to lock up?? and im not sure why here is my setup

front 12.19 rotor wilwood 4piston dynalites 1.75 piston dia the rear is a 11.5 rotor with a wilwood dynalite 1.375 piston size im running a 1.125 bore power master cylinder out of a 70 corvette (new) and a summit racing prop valve on the rear line.

i have stainless steel braided lines running to the front calipers here is how it have it plumbed in

on the front port furthest from the fire wall runs to the a "t" fitting and then to the front wheels
the rear port is running to the prop valve and then to the front -rear hard line then to the rear wheels. any help would be great.

when i apply the brakes in a hard stop situation the slows but i can get the front wheel to lock so somthing is not right it locked up before i added the rear setup with the old stock master cylinder

im a total noob at this so im sorry in advance.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

a67
06-06-2012, 04:30 AM
Pads, if they came with BP-10's swap to a better pad. Be sure that they are bedded before stomping on them.

Bob.

91hrdbdy
06-06-2012, 05:01 AM
I followed the break in procedure they are bp10 but before I added the new master p- valve and rear setup the front would lock up ? That's where I'm confused

Skip Fix
06-06-2012, 06:52 AM
So what pad is better for Dynalites?

tlillard23
06-15-2012, 11:09 PM
do the rears lock up? Did you plumb the front to the front of the master cyln? There was another post where the guy plumbed the front cycl out to the rear brakes.