PDA

View Full Version : Sweet-T, my 1964 Ford Thunderbird....

Sweet-T
06-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Greetings,

I wanted to introduce myself and let you know about my car. I am Joe, 45yo, and have dreams of being in the Hot Rod Power Tour. So, having just inherited my late Uncle Mike's 1964 Ford Thunderbird, I have decided to work on it gradually, and then do the tour.

The car: Body is straight, interior is a mess, no battery, 12yrs of old gas is in the tank. Brakes don't work. I plan on going with Wilwood for the braking, having the 390 rebuilt, tranny needs to be rebuilt. Car is an A/C car, power windows, locks, seat, steering, and it was my uncles pride and joy. I am a car audio enthusiast and will be rebuilding the interior around the system. The dash will stay stock...but everything from the dash back, will be new and recovered.

I hope to do mini-tubs so I can fit some 20x12 rear wheels, with 18x8 front wheels. Paint I am still unsure about, but, my nephew wants flames. I don't think the car screams for flames..but you never know.

I look forward to learning a lot from reading here. Please don't hesitate to talk to me about stereos. I compete in Sound Quality, so if you are looking to make your ride sound as good as it looks, don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,

Joe

BMR Sales
06-06-2012, 05:37 AM
I think the 60's T-Birds are overlooked, but can look pretty good:

http://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-classifieds/1335694-1964-ford-thunderbird-custom.html

Sweet-T
06-06-2012, 03:34 PM
Yep, that was one of my inspirations for the car. Good find! BTW, who knows, I may be in touch with you for some suspension help in the future.

CruizinKev
06-11-2012, 10:28 AM
welcome aboard Joe!

Angelo
06-11-2012, 03:28 PM
Hey Joe, There is 64 in my neighbourhood thats pushing 650hp and looking like something out of MAD MAX. Not something you see everyday. Cant take your eyes off it.
My dad had a red on red 64 T-bird 20 yrs ago before the 68 mustang ragtop he currently has. Aggressive front end and low makes it on awesome project. Have fun getting there.