PDA

View Full Version : 1st Gen Camaro Tail lights

TheJDMan
06-04-2012, 04:29 PM
Dust Off is equipped with the standard tail light assemblies and I'm not currently using the backup lights. I have been considering switching to RS lenses for no other reason than to double the number of rear tail lights for added safety. I plan on installing LEDs at some point but do you guys think the RS tail lights will look odd or out or place without any of the other RS options? My thought is most people will be clueless, only a Camaro fan will notice.

davidk68
06-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Steve, I'm planning on doing the same thing on my 68 and my opinion is it will make the rear end look wider and lower and cleaner. I'm either not going to rum back-up lights or a small round one from another car - not an RS light. Car will be weekend cruiser and autoX only so I'm not worried about not having back-up lights.

evostilo
06-05-2012, 01:44 PM
I agree the dual red tail lights look alot cleaner, i plan on doing the same with Digi-tails led kit they add the finish touch

TheJDMan
06-11-2012, 03:21 PM
I installed my RS tail light lenses today but I neglected to order a second set of 1157 sockets so I spliced my backup socket into the brake wire. At least I now have four brake lights but only two running lights. I ordered the 1157 sockets from Classic but their orders normally take a week or more to arrive. In the mean time at least I have the four brake lights. I like the Digi-Tail LEDs but they still require the RS lenses so this is the first step in that direction. The LED upgrade will have to wait for funds.

davidk68
06-12-2012, 08:19 AM
Hey Steve - post up a pic when you get it done!

TheJDMan
06-13-2012, 02:11 PM
What great timing! Matt at MCB is running an introductory offer on the Digi-Tails so I may go LED sooner than I thought.

Here are before and after shots.