PDA

View Full Version : Trap Door mufflers

MoeBawlz
07-20-2005, 11:27 AM
Ive heard that the 05 Mustang was suppose to have this new type of muffler that when the car was at low rpms it was quiet, but under heavy pressure from WOT it opened up like it were straight pipes. The mustang obviously didnt make it out with that but i thought it was a pretty cool idea.

Does anyone have any information on a muffler like this or perhaps something about the mustang one they were going to use.

CamaroAJ
07-21-2005, 08:19 AM
the new C6 vett ZO6 is suposed to have those type of mufflers if i semember correctly.

BigBlockOlds
07-23-2005, 12:07 PM
Couldn't you just use an electric exhaust cutout and have roughly the same thing?

If you wanted it to be automatic, maybe there would be a way to wire it into a switch that would only activate it at WOT.

Muffler thing is an interesting idea though.

D Rock
07-23-2005, 06:53 PM
I don't think the electric cutouts open fast enough for it to be efficent at WOT unless you hold it open for over 10 seconds...track...

MoeBawlz
07-23-2005, 07:44 PM
yah thats kinda what i thought too...

i didnt hear about the new ZO6 having those though.... I hope so. If they do Ill ahve to look into those.

Cus i REALLY cant stand loud exhaust ALL the time. Its great and all, just not 24/7