PDA

View Full Version : Chevy Hi Performance Nationals June 1 - 3 , 2012

JEFFTATE
06-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Is anybody going to , or is anybody at , The Chevy High Perfomance Nationals this weekend ??
It looks like a pretty good event .
They are gonna have Dragracing , Autocross, a Car Show , Swap Meet , Pro Mods , Jet Cars .
It's kinda like the Super Chevy Show , with an Autocross added ..

http://www.chpnationals.com/

It's at Atlanta Dragway , in Commerce , Ga .
I wasn't gonna go , but I got caught up on my chores and I think I may head over there tommorrow ..

RS_Customs
06-02-2012, 08:31 PM
I was up there today. Was a fun time. Bill is up there running the autocross sponsored by Jet Hot. Brad and Terri, Yancy, DSE camp, and Jet Hot are there. They start the autocross back up at 9am. Not sure how late they will be running it.

Robert

musclecarmatt
06-02-2012, 09:02 PM
was going but didnt make it cause of work meeting today...ugh!

GeoffP
06-03-2012, 05:17 AM
I SO would've gone had I known about this before now!

jeremy30thz
06-03-2012, 08:49 AM
Anybody know who was in the black 69 that was running the 28 second laps compared to everybody else's 30 second laps?

Thunderhead
06-03-2012, 05:47 PM
I didnt get to see the black camaro but there was a nova that looked like it was doing well.

RS_Customs
06-04-2012, 03:48 AM
Anybody know who was in the black 69 that was running the 28 second laps compared to everybody else's 30 second laps?

His name is Jake M (I can't remember his full last name.) He was killing out there.

The light blue 63 nova was the DSE nova, Kyle was driving it most the time, but others were wearing out the tires too. lol

Robert

damannhw
06-04-2012, 05:10 AM
I didn't know about this or I would have been there this weekend.....hate I missed it !

jeremy30thz
06-04-2012, 02:58 PM
His name is Jake M (I can't remember his full last name.) He was killing out there.

The light blue 63 nova was the DSE nova, Kyle was driving it most the time, but others were wearing out the tires too. lol

Robert

The DSE Nova was doing well also but I missed the time on the clock the one time I saw Kyle running it. I wanted to find out what kind on suspension the black 69 was running

71RS/SS396
06-04-2012, 04:28 PM
The DSE Nova was doing well also but I missed the time on the clock the one time I saw Kyle running it. I wanted to find out what kind on suspension the black 69 was running

It wasn't the suspension making him so fast, I talked with Jake for awhile this weekend, he's raced GT3 Porsches for the last 6 years, he ran even faster times in DSE's Camaro. There were others in the 28's and 29's as well, Nick Lacata turned the fastest lap of the weekend in the DSE Camaro.

Thunderhead
06-04-2012, 05:32 PM
I didnt think that the event was well advertised but I think it was a great event and I hope that it comes back next year.

JEFFTATE
06-05-2012, 05:03 AM

I heard that the black '69 had a Chris Alston's Chassiworks suspension that had been modified , tuned , and developed .
It sure ran and stopped well .
The guy driving it had really good skills and car control ..

Carl @ Chassisworks
06-05-2012, 11:04 AM
The black ’69 Camaro was built and is owned by Chassisworks dealer Bob Littlefield of Littlefield Customs in Charleston, RI. It is equipped with Chassisworks NoFab front clip and g-Link rear suspension with Varishock double adjustable coil-overs front and rear. There were no modifications to the Chassisworks components; everything is right off the shelf stuff that anyone can buy. This Camaro was built primarily as a show car. In fact, at the CHP Street Car Challenge it won 1st place for Camaro and Best of Show in the LSX category!

The car was completed on May 15th of 2012 and has only been driven in two competitive A/X events. Jake, the driver, had also never driven a muscle car before! Some shock tuning advice was supplied by another Chassisworks dealer, Mark Savtiske, however there was no factory involvement. In the DSE car, the driver equaled his best lap in the Littlefield car. We look forward to seeing how this Camaro will perform after it’s been fine tuned over the next several events!

JEFFTATE
06-05-2012, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the info Carl ,
That car is well sorted .

Marcus SC&C
06-05-2012, 03:28 PM
I`m very impressed with how well Bob`s black `69 is running out of the box, with just a little shock tuning. The car isn`t even broken in,it`s got a lot more in it yet. With all the luxurious show car leather, big stereo and dynamat etc. it`s no lightweight race car, which makes it all the more impressive. That speaks volumes for the Chassisworks suspension package. Mark SC&C