PDA

View Full Version : Not sure where to post this...how much is my car worth?

DarkoNova
05-30-2012, 05:37 PM
Contemplating selling my 69 Nova due to a lot of personal reasons.

Was originally a 6 cylinder car, I swapped in a 350 from my friend's 70 Chevelle after he wrecked it. Literally just got done rebuilding it with

K&N xstream air filter
10:1 pistons
Comp XE274H cam, lifters and Comp pushrods
Comp 1.6 full roller rockers
Edelbrock Performer RPM heads with 64cc chambers
Performer RPM AirGap
Thunder Series AVS650 carb
MSD Pro Billet distributor with Blaster 2 coil
140 amp Powermaster alternator
March billet alternator bracket(s)
headers (Flowtech I think?)
Flowmaster Super 40's exhaust
TKO-600
freshly rebuilt 8.5" 10 bolt with 4.10's, posi, and 30 spline (I think) Strange axles
Tall ATS spindles with C5 front brakes
LS1 Camaro rear brakes

Just redid the entire car with an AAW classic update harness. Technostalgia LED taillights. In the process of retrofitting HID's from an Acura TL.

Aluminum radiator with Taurus fan. Currently on E46 M3 wheels, but am looking at some Summit wheels. Interior was redone after I got the car, and is roughly 8 years old. Has Arizen bucket seats (the first model they came out with). American Powertrain hydraulic clutch setup.

4" fiberglass cowl induction hood (I think it's a Harwood)

hoodpins.net hood pins

Alpine head unit (XDA something or other, the one that's made specifically for iPod use), Polk Audio 6x9's, and an amazing sub box that was made by an audio guru for my old E30 but I made it fit the Nova.

Honestly I think that's everything...so what do you guys think this thing is worth?

spacepirate
05-30-2012, 06:23 PM
Pictures?

Rick D
06-01-2012, 04:55 AM
Pictures would help, but it all depends on what someone is will to pay. That's what the market is at at that moment. Good parts are only worth so much, what's the over all condition of the body, paint, floors inside and out. Do the floors look new with under coating or are just cleaned up but still look like they are 40 years old? Lots of questions to ask yourself. When ever I go to sell a car or to place a price on one I try look at it from the other side, the customer. Ask a friend to come look at it and give it a once over like they where coming to buy it. Ask them to be honest about what they don't like or what they think may need to be tidyed up. Remember to you it is what YOU wanted to build, so the next person may or may not like everything you did, what looks good to you may not to them. When I go to look at a car one of the first places I look is under the dash at the wiring and under the hood wiring, if these areas look like some took their time and cared then I will look farther, if these areas look sloppy or done like (know one will ever see it) that tells me I wonder what they did under the paint that I can't see! I could go on and on but you get what I'm saying. First thing is take the emotion out of it as this is where you can price way to high and never really get anyone interested in it. I know lots of guys say well I can always lower the price it if don't get any takers but I can't go up. I say that is bull, a correctly priced car will sell fairly quick, a car priced way to high will not get much attention, and then when you lower the price buyers think ok now he has to sell it and then all the BS comes out. Hope this helps somewhat.

MrQuick
06-01-2012, 06:20 AM
Sorry to hear that you have to look towards selling it but I echo ferry thing posted above.
It depends on how fast you want to sell and how much you are looking to get.
Novas don't sell very well. You might be better off parting it out if it isn't put together and running.
How is the paint and interior?