PDA

View Full Version : 3 New Projects -

Rebeca_Lynn
05-26-2012, 11:34 AM
The white body is a RCR SLC LeMans, I know this car does not fit the Pro-touring idea at all. This will be a track only build, for my husband to drive. Some basics on this build 502ci RHS LS race block Time attack from Katech Motors - 800hp, Hewland NTL transaxle - 6speed sequential shifting (Paddle Shift ), aluminum monocoque chassis, billet aluminum suspension.

The second car is a Super Performance GT40 MKII.

I am only using the pic for reference. We are preparing to build on from RCR. The car uses an aluminum monocoque chassis, billet aluminum suspension. I am planning on running MMR built 5.0L Coyote motor, unsure of the transaxle at this point.
This car will be the closest to being a Pro-Touring car based design.

The third car we are going to be working on is a Lotus 7 based design. We are planning on running LSx based motor, T-56 trans, C-6 uprights front and rear, QC speedway IRS center section. Both aluminum and composite body work.

If you want me to update any of these builds as they go, let me know.
I know they are not for say Pro-Touring, but some may like the builds and or the cars.

john31s
05-26-2012, 11:58 AM
Those SLC's are monsters. It's goning to be killer. One question, what did the kit run you?

67 ls1 vert
05-26-2012, 02:59 PM
Is the roadster something new? I was looking at the SLC's a while back and only saw the coupes for $44900.

FRENCHBLUE72
05-26-2012, 05:27 PM
Id like to see builds on all three...

T_Raven
05-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Id like to see builds on all three...

Me too. They all sound pretty impressive

Rebeca_Lynn
05-26-2012, 11:33 PM
I will post some basic info on each of the builds as soon as I can.

The RCR-40 MKII is being built in PT style, updating a classic with a better chassis ( factory chassis from RCR is aluminum monocoque with billet aluminum suspension ) planning on using Forgline centerlock wheels in either 18's or 19's. The drive train will be 6speed Griffen transaxle and MMR Boss 5.0L built motor, running 8stack Kinsler ITB system and FAST electronics. Body wise I am only planning on some minor changes, but will include carbon fiber panels and trim work, along with HID headlights and driving lights along with a few billet items. Interior we plan on bring it up to date and out of the 60's with styling. Two tone Deep metallic gray and Deep midnight purple pearl is the plan for paint right now.

The SLC is going to be a track only build. We ordered a very basic stripped down kit, so we will be using a lot of our own parts for this build. We are using a Katech track Attack 502ci 800hp motor, Daily dry-sump system, Tilton carbon carbon clutch and flywheel, Hewland NTL 6 speed sequintal shifting transaxle w/ paddle shift kit, MoTeC electronics. Electric adjustable power steering system. Planning on a few body mods with track use in mind. ( removing the winshield system and going more of a DP style look, changing intake system on rear body work, reworking side body work intakes for oil and trans cooler mounting. SCCA and NASA Legal safety cage system for open car being designed and installed. Plan on using centerlock wheels and brembo brakes. Also planning on upgrading to twin turbo set-up once the car is sorted out.

The Lotus 7 build is a custom aluminum semi-monocoque custom chassis design I am working on modeling right now. The plan is to use C6 uprights front and rear, with custom control arms and Ohins coil overs, Speedway engineering QC IRS center section, LSX based motor with 8stack ITB system, either TKO or T-56 trans. Lower body work will be aluminum part of chassis, upper body work will be carbon fiber. Build with a custom roll cage for track day use. This car is being built for our older son and daughter. As a track and daily driver. Hope to be able to build twin cars in the long run for each of them.

I will split up the build logs on each car as we get going on each of them.