PDA

View Full Version : Modded GM A/F-body vs. AM Sport C6

crobin
05-26-2012, 07:22 AM
So Geometry and Performance (grip,feedback,turn-in, braking) of Modded GM A/F-body FRT Suspension (Arms, Spindles, Relocation) Vs., Morrision Sport C6 FRT Suspension.:hmm:
So Far, My opinion is that the Sport C6 may be the way to go.:idea:
However, I see most of you guys using a Modded A/F-body suspension. Why?:)

I may add I'm interested in ultimate performance (race) rather than comfort on the Street.

Vicinity
05-26-2012, 07:50 AM
Because a subframe is a lot of coin and you can get a good bang for buck performance from a stock subframe. If you were going all out, I'd say a full AM subframe is the way to go, they're not cheap, check with vendor Matt's Classic Bowties, they just picked up the line.

crobin
05-26-2012, 08:18 AM
Because a subframe is a lot of coin and you can get a good bang for buck performance from a stock subframe. If you were going all out, I'd say a full AM subframe is the way to go, they're not cheap, check with vendor Matt's Classic Bowties, they just picked up the line.
Thanks for the reply!
I'm leaning towards the AM front suspension. It seems the Morrison engineers have done what I would do if say I were to sit down with a set of hard measurements of the chassis in question and Win Geo. I would want tire clearance, stable roll center, optimized static and dynamic camber/caster.
I don't really want to completely scratch build a frame. However, I believe I may start with one of their "builder's" frames and build a cage on that, or start with their SuperCar frame/cage and build a suspension on that. Don't know yet.
I suppose it is becoming obvious, I'm going for street-legal RR car. All-out G-Machine, perhaps.

MrQuick
05-26-2012, 09:01 AM
Yep, for the money i'd go for the C6 frame. The AME C6 sub can be purchased bare and you can build as you go or buy fully asssembled. You might save a few bucks but you'll gain some experience in building and customizing.

crobin
05-26-2012, 09:12 AM
^^^ Thank's.

Sounds like I may need to talk to Mr. Jones about what i have in mind.