PDA

View Full Version : Guldstrand mod... how does this look?

BuddyP
07-19-2005, 08:04 PM
I just finished doing the mod to my '68 Camaro subframe. Here's a couple pics. How does this look? The UCA seems to clear fine. Anything else I should look into before I get it powdercoated?

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

censo69
07-20-2005, 04:12 AM
Looks good to me. Mine came out very similar just wish I would of powder coated them instead of painting them rally black but thats what you get when you change the direction of you project a million times over the past 6 years.

BuddyP
07-20-2005, 06:12 AM
Did you have problem with the paint? I had also considered painting the frame and filling in the pits and inperfections to smooth it out, but talked myself into realizing it wasn't worth the time or effort to do that and I'm leaning back toward powder coating all the parts. Will be a dark gray metallic.

censo69
07-21-2005, 04:38 AM
No I didnt have a problem with the paint at all in fact it actually came out pretty nice. My main reason for painting instead of powder coating was cost my dad owns a body shop so it was much cheaper for me.

gen3bu
07-21-2005, 05:42 PM
i am new to the first gen market.
can you explain the basics of the g-mod?
i have seen other people talking about doing it to cars other than first gens.
do you have any before pics to show the difference?
is this something that is noticable on a restored car if that is the only major mod?

thanks
kevin

Ricoch3T
07-21-2005, 06:31 PM
Looks good to me. Mine came out very similar just wish I would of powder coated them instead of painting them rally black but thats what you get when you change the direction of you project a million times over the past 6 years.

I'm in your boat, was going to powder coat, but ended up painting, well am GOING to paint instead. Just figured itd be easier to touch up. Looots of sanding to do on it though :(

BuddyP
07-21-2005, 07:32 PM
gen3bu, if you look at my pics above, you'll see 4 holes in the UCA brace. The top 2 holes are stock, the bottom 2 holes are the g-mod. I also had to grind away above the stock holes, as seen in the pics, to allow clearance for the UCA. The g-mod from what everybody says works very well. If you check out David Pozzi's site he has the mod written up in detail. As far as appearance, the UCA covers up most of that brace and I doubt anybody would notice unless they were really looking for that mod in particular.