PDA

View Full Version : 1966 Gto. Ls engine/tranny with 06 Gto interior

Dasecret112
05-20-2012, 02:38 PM
Hello world,

Just a little short into to intro myself. Im new here but I have been in the background watching for a while now, from what I have seen on mostly ALL of the pages I have visited, all of the cars are FLAT OUT AWESOME!! You guys are amazing to me and I just thought I would be able to call this place home, while collecting as much info/knowledge from all of you as I can.
Moving on,
I am a Iraq/afghan vet that recently seperated from the army. It has been a rough transition from that life to civilian life, and in order to aid the process, I felt as though going back to school, finding a decent job, and rebuilding some classic muscle would ground me. Well after knocking out 2 of 3, I am ready to work on the last.
My plan is to rebuild a 66 Gto with a nice ls combo, with 06 Gto interior. I already have a nicely redone frame a body that's on it's way to the shop and I'm currently looking for a nice ls combo to drop in and cruise. As I said b4 I'm a novice and would appreciate any form of knowledge that the VETS on this Side of the game are willing to share with me. Has anyone seen or heard of a project done in this manner? If so could you please direct me there it would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thank you for taking the time to read and I look foward to ALL the responses!!

CruizinKev
05-20-2012, 08:27 PM
welcome aboard! :twothumbs

BMR Sales
05-21-2012, 07:16 AM
First and foremost Thank You for your service to our country! :usa:

Your car sounds like a great blend of both old and new for sure! Please post some pictures as soon as you can! Is your frame already finished then?

cavmsg
05-21-2012, 09:12 PM
Dasecret112,

Welcome home and thanks for your service. Good luck on your build, I am about 6 months into my own 66 gto build and appears I am heading in about the same direction you are. I am looking for all the comforts of a newer car (04-06 GTO seating), suspension to match, with the awesomeness of 1960s muscle car look.

MSMarine
10-25-2012, 06:41 PM
Hey bro im also an iraq/afghan vet got out of the Marines in 11 just IRR now. i want to put a Ls motor in my ^^ goat with new interior. i hope to hear from you and see pictures of your car and info, i dont know know much about GM Ls motors any info will be appreciated. Semper Fi...HUA lol

Dasecret112
11-15-2012, 07:39 AM
Hi Fam,

It's been a while so I decided I'd get a "PROGRESS REPORT"
The shell and frame have been separated after nearly 40 sum odd years and the frame was put in the shop. Got it back in top notch shape. Now I'm working on retrofitting these 06 gto brakes on the frame that I got while parts are still trickling in. Can I please get some pointers on installing them on my frame?
You now I appreciate all things said
I have an ungodly amount of pics just don't know how to post.
Thanks a bunch.

Dasecret112
11-15-2012, 07:50 AM
Hi Fam,

It's been a while so I decided I'd get a "PROGRESS REPORT"
The shell and frame have been separated after nearly 40 sum odd years and the frame was put in the shop. Got it back in top notch shape. Now I'm working on retrofitting these 06 gto brakes on the frame that I got while parts are still trickling in. Can I please get some pointers on installing them on my frame?
You now I appreciate all things said
I have an ungodly amount of pics just don't know how to post.
Thanks a bunch.

EeeDeeEye
11-15-2012, 08:30 AM
Again, thanks for your service! If you haven't already got your interior, I can give a recommendation to Cleveland Pick A Part http://www.clevelandpickapart.com/ It's who I got my 07 gto seats from and they were in great shape.

Dasecret112
06-09-2013, 08:27 PM
Hi guys
Here I have some long overdue pics of some of the progress that has been made on the goat.
With work and school it's been he'll but I'm still at her little by little.