PDA

View Full Version : Goodguys / Pro-Touring.com Getaway contest - East Coast Nationals

Larry Callahan
05-12-2012, 04:29 PM

Goodguys Rod & Custom Association team up with Pro-Touring.com to promote the “Goodguys Getaway” promotion for three events during the 2012 event season.

The first event contest will be the for 21st East Coast Nationals (West Springfield, MA – June 15-17, 2012). The other event contests will be announced soon.

Pro-Touring.com members will be encouraged to submit their domestic vehicle thru the year 1972 for voting on by all members of Pro-Touring.com. Two weeks before each event, one lucky winner will be selected by Pro-Touring.com based on the voting results to represent the Pro-Touring.com community at the event and win a “Goodguys Getaway” package including the following items provided by Goodguys:

(1) Free Vehicle Registration at the Event
(1) Special Parking Spot at the Event
(2) Nights Stay at the Goodguys Host Hotel
(2) Goodguys T-Shirts
(2) Goodguys Hats
(1) $200 Gas Card
(1) Meguiar’s Car Care Kit
(1) Annual Goodguys Full Membership

Goodguys will also feature the winner on their website and social media platforms after the event.

With that said here is how you enter the contest.

1. Reply to this thread with all the required info.

2. Be certain you can attend the event.

3. In one thread tell us a little about yourself, your pre-1972 year domestic Pro-Touring ride you would like to enter and why people should vote for you.

3. Post up to a maximum of [3] pictures no larger than 1024x768 in size.

That's it. Show us what you want to bring and talk it up to your Pro-Touring.com friends.

When does it start? It starts right now.

When is the last day I can enter? On Saturday May 26th at 8am Pacific time this thread will be locked. I will make a list of all the eligible entry's and create a poll. Once I have completed the poll and added it to this thread I will unlock it for voting. I would expect that to be about Noon pacific time. Please note: The voting results will remain hidden until the contest ends.

When is the winner announced? On Saturday June 02 at 8am pacific time the poll will automatically close and the winner will be shown.

Legal Mumbo Jumbo:
The prize cannot be transferred and the winner(s) need to drive their car to the event and display per the guidelines of the show.
Goodguys and Pro-Touring.com will also be granted permission to use the name and likeness of each winner and his/her car for promotional purposes after the event. Only members of Pro-Touring.com can vote for you. If I goofed up something I have the right to correct it possibly changing the contest. You can enter all three contests if you want to but you can only win once per year.

GrabberGT
05-14-2012, 06:28 AM
(1) Special Parking Spot at the Event

Will this be in the Autocross section? I would assume the majority of us would not use a parking spot located elsewhere.

Larry Callahan
05-16-2012, 08:44 AM
I would imagine it's near the autocross but I will find out.

Now, lets see some entries.

rsss2nvy
05-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Are you doing this for the Goodguys Summer Get Together in Pleasanton Ca. comming up next weekend?

68sixspeed
05-27-2012, 03:18 PM
Larry, can I enter a day late since I dont see any other entries? I think I'll be ready, just got the trans back in the car for the last time today. I didn't see this until today. Dan

Rod
05-27-2012, 04:15 PM
for the East coast? what happen to the west?

Larry Callahan
05-27-2012, 05:33 PM
Sorry guys. It ended and no one entered.

I have two more to events to go. We will see how those go.