PDA

View Full Version : New England Gathering: Update (with date)

YoungGun
07-19-2005, 07:45 AM
Hey Guys,
Sorry for the new post but thought it best to be organized. So based on the responses, I am going to go with Aug 13. It seems that everyone who could go on the 6th could do anyday, and the rest who couldnt do the 6th, could on the 13th. Did that make sense? Anyway, the 13th it is!

Now alot of different ideas were tossed around as far as what to do. Things such as the Bethel Saturday Cruise night, I have never been but supposedly is pretty big. We could do a cruise to that. Some other locations and routes were also mentioned as fun.

What I would like is some help in this area, I am from Northern CT so I dont know alot of the Southern areas.
- First of all, the NY/NJ guys let us know how far you are willing to drive.
-Second, the Southern CT guys, it be great to get a list of some cool places to cruise/meet and maybe some other shows going on if we want to stop in at one of them.

Anyway, the 13th...this posts agenda..the activities.

Thanks guys
Tim

sunkistcamaro
07-19-2005, 08:36 AM
I'll see if I can find anything going on.
Im going on a trip to Canada from Thursday to Sunday.
I should come up with something by then.
I live in E.Hampton so we'll probably come up with the same thing.
My driveshaft will be in this weekend so my car will be ready for the 13th. :fingersx:

69bigblock
07-19-2005, 11:30 AM
The only thing that I think of is marcus dairy(danbury). Could keep checking the bargin news...

Bryan

Ralph LoGrasso
07-19-2005, 11:43 AM
I say we just do a nice scenic cruise (Rt. 7 maybe?) with lots of twisties, some nice straights, and as few cops / people around as possible. Maybe meet up somewhere in the morning, cruise around, grab some lunch. Shoot the bull for a while, get some cool pix, cruise back to the original meeting spot and head home. Or something like that?

MrAngry
07-19-2005, 12:10 PM
Well... there seems to be a bunch of guys in CT and on Long Island. I'm not sure where everyone is actually located but for the CT guys, there is a ferry from Bridgeport, CT that runs to Port Jefferson, LI, it's actually a really beautiful ride - the boat is HUGE and cars are covered - from there maybe members could meet up in the town of Port Jefferson, which is a really nice little Harbor Town and then perhaps take a ride to the Hamptons - surprise the crap out all the BMW's, Bently's and Mercedes that are all over the place. Plus, there are LOADS of nice roads out that way with some really wonderful resturants. The Ferry runs starting at like 5:30-6am so everyone should be able to meet up.

Again - just a suggestion, but I figure it would save the CT guys a long long ride and do the same for the NY'rs as well.

Ralph LoGrasso
07-19-2005, 12:29 PM
Well... there seems to be a bunch of guys in CT and on Long Island. I'm not sure where everyone is actually located but for the CT guys, there is a ferry from Bridgeport, CT that runs to Port Jefferson, LI, it's actually a really beautiful ride - the boat is HUGE and cars are covered - from there maybe members could meet up in the town of Port Jefferson, which is a really nice little Harbor Town and then perhaps take a ride to the Hamptons - surprise the crap out all the BMW's, Bently's and Mercedes that are all over the place. Plus, there are LOADS of nice roads out that way with some really wonderful resturants. The Ferry runs starting at like 5:30-6am so everyone should be able to meet up.

Again - just a suggestion, but I figure it would save the CT guys a long long ride and do the same for the NY'rs as well.

The Hamptons would be a really nice place to meet up. We could probably get an easy 40-50 mile cruise out of it, too. It's about 50 miles from my house to South Hampton, and another 50 to Montauk. Port Jeff is really nice, too, but will be come crowded towards the late morning / early afternoon, so it would have to be an early morning meet.

YoungGun
07-19-2005, 12:37 PM
Rt 7 is what I was thinking of, I had forgotten the number, but Steve mentioned it as a good road. I would rather stay in CT, an early morning meet at the hamptons would result in like a 4AM departure for me!! and probably 5-6am for other parts of CT.
I like Ralphs idea, and I think someone said Marcus Dairy as a meeting place that was close to Rt 7 in a previous post.

I will work on some maps of Rt 7, anyone know good overlooks, restaurants, ect we could do photoshoots (I am definantly snapping pictures of some of your cars, whether you like it or not!! :) ).

But lets see what else while I work on that.

Also how bout a head count, I will look in the old post...but I am hoping and seems like 10-15 guys would be nice.

Tim

Steve Chryssos
07-19-2005, 12:49 PM
Either way is fine by me. If it turns out to be the Hamptons there's a party at my house. Tim it's closer than you think. A 6AM or 7AM ferry will work fine.

Ralph LoGrasso
07-19-2005, 12:55 PM
I just wanted to throw up a quick note to everyone about this--you do not have to be driving a pro-touring car to attend this get together! I know many of us are still working on their projects and some won't be done for the event, or even this year (myself included!) don't be afraid to come out and cruise in your daily driver, late model performer, pickup truck, station wagon, scooter, skateboard, etc. Although the meet will involve a cruise, the real purpose is to hang out with fellow hot rodders with a common interest -- pro-touring! I'll be driving my '01 Camaro since the '68 won't be done.

vanzuuk1
07-19-2005, 01:42 PM
I am right in the middle between the island and connecticut, so I am in either way. If we dont do an event at a track than bethel or marcus dairy sound good. Another great midway point is city island, i think they have a show coming up.We could make a triangle of the farthest points (participants) and pick a spot in the middle.We could always do more than one, pick a few spots.

vanzuuk1
07-19-2005, 01:44 PM
Ralph, if you really make the effort your car could be done, dont you watch tv?, it just takes a few days.

Ralph LoGrasso
07-19-2005, 04:31 PM
Ralph, if you really make the effort your car could be done, dont you watch tv?, it just takes a few days.

lol, very true! I guess I could rip the drivetrain out of my '01, and just throw everything into the '68, heh.

I was thinking city island would be a good meeting point, but isn't it really, REALLY crowded on the weekends? We could always meet somewhere just outside of city island, if it is. Jones beach would be another good meeting point, with plenty of areas to park.

Bill Howell
07-19-2005, 07:24 PM
I just wanted to throw up a quick note to everyone about this--you do not have to be driving a pro-touring car to attend this get together! I know many of us are still working on their projects and some won't be done for the event, or even this year (myself included!) don't be afraid to come out and cruise in your daily driver, late model performer, pickup truck, station wagon, scooter, skateboard, etc. Although the meet will involve a cruise, the real purpose is to hang out with fellow hot rodders with a common interest -- pro-touring! I'll be driving my '01 Camaro since the '68 won't be done.
You forgot golfcart :box2: :lmao:

Ralph LoGrasso
07-20-2005, 02:58 PM
You forgot golfcart :box2: :lmao:

:lmao: Damn! I thought I had all the bases covered! :geek:

YoungGun
07-21-2005, 02:47 PM
I had a conversation with a friend who is working down in the Hamptons for the summer, and said Traffic is insane, and would be on a weekend morning too!

Now I am open to it either way, and its the NY guys that can tell us better. But traffic would ruin a cruise. So if you want to put it to a vote we can vote between a Rt7 in CT and Hamptons. But lets keep the info coming.

I did find that ferry and there is a 6 and 7am ferry. So thats not a concern, just traffic.

Tim

vanzuuk1
07-21-2005, 02:52 PM
We can hit traffic anywhere, but long island traffic seems inevitable. Ill meet you ct guys at sycamores or the dairy, and I will always do the OBI cruise.

Ralph LoGrasso
08-01-2005, 10:25 PM
What's the latest on this?

YoungGun
08-02-2005, 03:15 AM
I am working on getting a map right now, I was gonna post something last night but got sidetracked. I will work on it at work.

Im gonna make the call to do it in southern CT up part of RT 7 for good cruising, stop for some BS'n and lunch, and whatever else. I just think it will actually be a safer bet then Hamptons.

Tim

vanzuuk1
08-02-2005, 03:33 AM
Could we end or start at the vintage race at limerock?, I need to check the date.

vanzuuk1
08-02-2005, 03:35 AM
Also sycamores or the saturday night show at marcus dairy.

YoungGun
08-02-2005, 04:43 AM
Dirk,
There really isnt anything at Limerock on the 13th. But I was thinking of one of the Saturday shows. I do not know the towns though...is Sycamores the Bethel show? And what town is Marcus diary in. I am trying to create a map and dont know the towns really. So if you can give me a hand with that I would appreciate it.

Is it possible to cruise up or down 7 to Marcus or Sycamores?

This is going to be a productice work day...at least for pro-touring.com...mapquest here I come.

Tim

69bigblock
08-02-2005, 05:12 AM
I know marcus dairy is in danbury, not sure about the other one...

Bryan

Little Bob
08-02-2005, 05:50 AM
I'm not sure if this will help, try this link. They list a bunch of happenings that possibly could be used.

http://hotrodhotline.com/happen/ene.php

YoungGun
08-02-2005, 05:52 AM
Thanks, Sycamores is in Bethel.

It seems that we would probably have two groups. From northern CT, we will come down 84 to a northern part of Rt 7. The NY/NJ/Southern CT guys can go 95 to a southern spot on RT 7. And we meet in the middle! Bethel is more toward the 84 side, and I dont know how to get from 7 to there.

Anyone who is good with directions in that area and wants to help create some sort of map, I would appreciate the help. I will try to create a couple sets of directions depending on where you are coming from. The north or south.

Can we get a list of people going too?

Ill keep working....

Steve Chryssos
08-02-2005, 05:57 AM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Marcus Dairy is in Danbury. It is possible to head north to Rte 7 from Danbury.

3 Sugar Hollow Rd. Danbury, CT 06810 Scenic Route 7 follows the Housatonic River.

So I'll just throw this out there:
a) August 13th, Marcus Dairy, 8:45AM.
b) 30 minutes for intros and map review.
c) The Pro-Touring Train leaves at 9:15AM to follow scenic route 7 north.
d) If you're late, we'll post or email route directions and contact numbers so that you can catch up. We can leave later but then there's more traffic on the road.
e) Long Islanders will need to catch the 7AM Port Jefferson to Bridgeport ferry which reaches Bridgeport at 8:15AM

How'z that?
/Steevo

YoungGun
08-02-2005, 06:00 AM
WHAT DID I DO!!! A MILLION POSTS...Someone delete the excess please!!

How'z that?

Perfect!...you make it so simple! I suck! :hail:

Thanks.

YoungGun
08-02-2005, 06:00 AM
How'z that?

Thanks.

YoungGun
08-02-2005, 06:03 AM
How'z that?

Thanks.

YoungGun
How'z that?

Thanks.

YoungGun
How'z that?

Thanks.

YoungGun
How'z that?

Thanks.

YoungGun
How'z that?

Thanks.

YoungGun
How'z that?

Thanks.

YoungGun
How'z that?

Thanks.

YoungGun
How'z that?

Thanks.

YoungGun
08-02-2005, 06:09 AM
How'z that?

Perfect! You make it so simple, I suck at this!

So here is who I have so far...(Sorry If I dont know names, and use your Screenname instead). If you arent on this list, let me know!

Tim
Ralph
Steevo
Dirk (Vanzuuk)
Steve Ragusa
Rob (LittleBob)
Bryan (69 BigBlock)
ProtouringNYC
Mr. Angry
Munch69Protour
Bill (SunkistCamaro)

Tim

sunkistcamaro
08-02-2005, 10:35 AM
Hi guys,
I'll be there but I wont have the Camaro this time...
I've had a lot of things happen and it wont be ready.
I will have my S10 so if anyone wants to unload some extra supplies from bouncing around in their trunks. Can't wait to meet everyone!

sunkistcamaro
08-02-2005, 10:37 AM
Oh yah this is my cell incase anyone wants to get ahold of me.
(8 six 0) 8 three 6 - three 918

vanzuuk1
08-02-2005, 11:39 AM
Young gun you made your point.

Jersey guys, you can pick up the sawmill parkway north/ to 684 north/ 84 east/ to marcus dairy, it will save you a lot of time and its purtier.

Any nj or ny guys let me know your plan and I will meet you on the way.I am right past the tappan zee as you come east.Marcus dairy is about 30-40 minutes from the tappan zee depending on how your car is running.

Steevo two things; you may need more time to get from bridgeport, half hour is close, and plan on eating at marcus dairy, its a huge breakfast spot.

vanzuuk1
08-02-2005, 11:50 AM
wait a minute, where are we driving to? Is the bethel cruise at sycamores, is it on saturdays?even if its not, sycamores is cool.

Steve Chryssos
08-02-2005, 01:19 PM
Yeah, thanks but I'll just watch you guys eat breakfast. The last time I had breakfast there.....never mind.

I'm less concerned about a "happenin" destination than I am about finding a place that can hold all our cars. We are, after all, a rolling hangout waiting to happen. It's all about the drive and the people. Sounds like we already have one truck in the mix. Maybe we could all chip in and fill a cooler with chow. Hit one of the state parks along the way. Like one of these:

http://dep.state.ct.us/stateparks/parks/kentfalls.htm

http://dep.state.ct.us/stateparks/parks/housatonic.htm

I'm not trying to be pushy, just trying to firm things up.
/Steevo

YoungGun
08-02-2005, 03:43 PM
Thats a good idea Steve, and I do appreciate you making some strong decisions, I tried to take this from you to make it easier on you, but seems you have a knack for it.

I am willing to do the cooler idea, if any of the two that I know of with their personal cars minds carrying the cooler with them? That would be Bill and Rob?

You can eat at Marcus if you want to in the morning, then we can stop by a Subway or Grinder (sub, hoogie) place on the way.

Plus, a state park would be a cool picture spot.

Tim

vanzuuk1
08-02-2005, 04:12 PM
I vote its a done deal, we can even end up back at the dairy or sycamores,, they are ten minutes away from each other and they both have saturday night car shows!

Little Bob
08-02-2005, 05:49 PM
Thats a good idea Steve, and I do appreciate you making some strong decisions, I tried to take this from you to make it easier on you, but seems you have a knack for it.

I am willing to do the cooler idea, if any of the two that I know of with their personal cars minds carrying the cooler with them? That would be Bill and Rob?

You can eat at Marcus if you want to in the morning, then we can stop by a Subway or Grinder (sub, hoogie) place on the way.

Plus, a state park would be a cool picture spot.

Tim

I'll most likely have our Honda Oddessy and the family. So I can carry the cooler or coolers if you want. Do you know how long the day will be? I'm suposed to spend the weekend in Clinton at a friends beach house.

Rob

YoungGun
08-02-2005, 05:58 PM
The length of day is up to you. We will meet up as stated around 830-9am, spend some time meeting and chatting, cruise, stop for some food, and some people may end up at sycamores or marcusthat night. But it would be your call. You can come cruise up rt 7 with us, eat and leave...no one is bound to spend an entire day, but we would love to have anyone for as long as you can.

Tim

Ralph LoGrasso
08-02-2005, 06:28 PM
How many miles is Rt. 7? I need to see if I'm working on Friday, if so, it's going to be tough for me to make the 7AM ferry, I may have to sit this one out. :(

Steve Chryssos
08-02-2005, 06:52 PM
Tim

Tim,
You're doing just fine. Think of this as a dry run. We can always plan bigger better runs in the future. Let's just "git er done".

There's still plenty of work to do: Print up maps and contact number sheets for everyone, figure out food. I can bring a camera and tripod. Anybody got Nextel?

While we're all together, we could plan our next excursion.

Ralph LoGrasso
08-02-2005, 06:53 PM
Tim,
You're doing just fine. Think of this as a dry run. We can always plan bigger better runs in the future. Let's just "git er done".

There's still plenty of work to do: Print up maps and contact number sheets for everyone, figure out food. I can bring a camera and tripod. Anybody got Nextel?

While we're all together, we could plan our next excursion.

I've got nextel.

MrAngry
08-03-2005, 06:15 AM
Hey Guys -

Man... haven't looked at this post in awhile. For the Long Islanders - in regards to the Port Jefferson Ferry - if we take the 7am Ferry we should make reservations and tell them we have a group of collector show cars going that are low to the ground - this way the can save us space an put us on the bottom deck in the middle, they may require us to get there a little early though. I will call the ferry company and see if this is possible. One issue with Marcus Dairy is that it is HUGE motorcycle hangout - I'm talking 600-1000 bikes on a nice sunday, especially if it is a SuperSunday (Big bike event held a few times a year) - HOWEVER, there is very large Mall right next to the dairy with a great parking lot, so that may be good place to meet up. Like is was stated earlier, this will be a rolling road show.

Also - here is my number in case anyone wants to get in touch with me.

Mike (Mr.Angry) 516-382-4131.

YoungGun
08-03-2005, 07:00 AM
Mike,
Thanks for that info and help.

I will record those who have given me contact info so far. Everyone else who is going, if you can PM me or email me your contact info. I will make up a sheet and email it to everyone and print out some to take along. That way if anyone gets stranded on their way they can call someone and let us know.

My email is: [email protected] or you can PM it.

Thanks

YoungGun
08-03-2005, 07:18 AM
Ralph,
As far as mileage from Marcus. A rough check it is about 30 miles up RT 7 to the Kent Park, and it is about another 10-15 miles to the Housatonic Park.

The both will be running up the same part of RT 7 which is the scenic part. It should be a cool ride to cruise, 30-45 miles up, stop for some food, pictures, chatting...then head back down toward Danbury for those that want to go to Sycamores or Marcus.

Come along! I will buy you a cup of coffee to keep you awake if you need it, cause I know I will that morning!

MrAngry
08-03-2005, 09:58 AM
Hi guys -

I just called the Port Jefferson Ferry office. Unfortunately they said that the only people who decide where to place the cars are the crew themselves. She did say that they have had cars like ours (low) and it has never been a problem as the crew usually makes special considersations for them and places them on the lower deck. If we take a 7am ferry we would have to be there no later than 6:30am for them to line up our group. The other thing she said was that we need to make reservations for that boat as well as the for the one home if we have a specific time we think can be back there - this is just to guarentee our spot on the boat.

The number for the PJ Ferry is as follows: (631) 473-0286 : the actual travel time on the boat is 1.25 hrs.

How many people are going to be on the Ferry? Just post this way we can all get an idea of who is coming from where.

Cheers - Mike

Ralph LoGrasso
08-03-2005, 10:23 AM
Ralph,
As far as mileage from Marcus. A rough check it is about 30 miles up RT 7 to the Kent Park, and it is about another 10-15 miles to the Housatonic Park.

The both will be running up the same part of RT 7 which is the scenic part. It should be a cool ride to cruise, 30-45 miles up, stop for some food, pictures, chatting...then head back down toward Danbury for those that want to go to Sycamores or Marcus.

Come along! I will buy you a cup of coffee to keep you awake if you need it, cause I know I will that morning!

Sounds good to me, should be a fun cruise! I will most likely be there one way or another, and definitely with a cup of coffee in hand, lol!

Ralph LoGrasso
08-03-2005, 10:25 AM
Hi guys -

I just called the Port Jefferson Ferry office. Unfortunately they said that the only people who decide where to place the cars are the crew themselves. She did say that they have had cars like ours (low) and it has never been a problem as the crew usually makes special considersations for them and places them on the lower deck. If we take a 7am ferry we would have to be there no later than 6:30am for them to line up our group. The other thing she said was that we need to make reservations for that boat as well as the for the one home if we have a specific time we think can be back there - this is just to guarentee our spot on the boat.

The number for the PJ Ferry is as follows: (631) 473-0286 : the actual travel time on the boat is 1.25 hrs.

How many people are going to be on the Ferry? Just post this way we can all get an idea of who is coming from where.

Cheers - Mike

Mike,

Thanks for finding that out! 6:30AM, huh? Damn, I guess that ruins my plans of getting there at 6:59AM, jumping the dock and landing on the ferry dukes of hazzard style, lol. Do we have to let the crew drive our cars on, or do we get to drive them onto the boat? It's been a long time since I've been on the port jeff ferry.

Thanks,
Ralph

MrAngry
08-03-2005, 11:14 AM
The crew never touches your car - you drive it on.

Ralph LoGrasso
08-03-2005, 11:22 AM
The crew never touches your car - you drive it on.

Awesome!! That was my biggest concern. So, should we take a head count for the ferry?

vanzuuk1
08-03-2005, 01:31 PM
Mr Angry , I thought the same thing about the dairy but the thirteenth is a saturday.

Ralph You have to go , stay at steves or my house if you are worried about waking up.

Ralph LoGrasso
08-03-2005, 06:52 PM
Mr Angry , I thought the same thing about the dairy but the thirteenth is a saturday.

Ralph You have to go , stay at steves or my house if you are worried about waking up.

You might have to drop a bomb on me to get me up, lol!! Just Kidding, I'll be there for sure! I wouldn't want to inconvenience you guys with waking me up, lol. I do appreciate the offer, though! Just look for the pt t-shirt, black camaro and 24oz. coffee. :guilty:

sunkistcamaro
08-03-2005, 07:00 PM
Do you know if Larry got anymore PT.com shirts in yet?

Ralph LoGrasso
08-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Do you know if Larry got anymore PT.com shirts in yet?

Negative on the new shirts, hopefully soon. I believe we may have a few left over shirts from the last batch. What size / color?

sunkistcamaro
08-03-2005, 07:16 PM
I would need XL, Black or white.
I guess what ever colors available.

Ralph LoGrasso
08-03-2005, 07:33 PM
Bill,

Here is the latest inventory: https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5596

Looks like no XL, sorry. There are a few 2XLs, though. We will hopefully be ordering mroe shirts soon. I need some myself!

sunkistcamaro
08-03-2005, 07:46 PM
Thanks Ralph,
I'll keep a eye on that thread!
Cant wait for the 13th guys!

MrAngry
08-04-2005, 05:55 AM
Question? Are people bringing spouses/kids on this cruise... or is this, as my wife calls it, a "Man Day"?

Steve Chryssos
08-04-2005, 06:17 AM
Yes. My wife is attending. 100% for sure--just confirmed and told her she can't back out. Definitely not a Man day. Our target state park has swimming BBQ's, picnic areas, etc. Check out Housatonic Meadows State Park. If you find a better park, by all means we can change destinations.
/Steevo

sunkistcamaro
08-04-2005, 06:52 AM
My wife is heading to the beach but a friend of mine is taging along.

YoungGun
08-04-2005, 07:46 AM
I am not sure...maybe the gf, maybe a buddy...but since it has to do with cars...probably just me!!! Gonna have to make some good CDs for the ride down!

Tim

Tom
08-04-2005, 08:13 AM
I’m a little late to the game here, but wanted to extend an offer to all of you to stop by our shop, Racing Engine Development, for refreshments. We are located about 10 minutes west of Marcus in Brewster, NY.

Some of the guys from the shop and I plan to meet up with you at Marcus for coffee. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to join you for the cruise up Route 7 because we have a couple of races coming up and a lot of work to do.

But, for those that would like to come by the shop later in the day, we’d love to see you! We’ll be heading back to Marcus for the Sat. night car show around 6pm. For those that haven’t been, it’s a well-run event.

I’ll also take this opportunity to invite everyone to our open house on Saturday, September 17th. We had a great turnout last year and will have the same format…open house in the afternoon followed by a cruise over to Marcus that eve. Save the date!

Looking forward to seeing all of you.

Mayo T. Smith

Racing Engine Development
2022 Route 22
Brewster, NY 10509
(845) 259-3587
www.racingenginedevelopment.com

Steve Chryssos
08-04-2005, 10:09 AM
Wow! Thank you for the offer Tom. Sounds great to me. I suppose if we left the picnic around 1PM, we could get there by 3PM to 4PM. Up route 7 and down Route 22
I can't remember if I've toured Rt 22, but I think so. Maybe it was further north on my way home from Lake George. How is itas a road? Too many lights? Suburban sprawl? or Just right?
Thank you for your hospitality
/Steevo

RobM
08-04-2005, 10:13 AM
im from simsbury and i deffinatly want to meet up with every one. i will most likely be there!

MrAngry
08-04-2005, 10:47 AM
This is sounding better and better... really looking forward to meeting everyone.

Tom
08-04-2005, 10:58 AM
Steve,

Route 22 has some beautiful scenery and twisty sections...but not right by us. Suburban sprawl, I guess.

From Marcus / Route 7 you take I-84 West to RT 22 North for about 3 miles. Or, if you are up near Kent, CT you could take RT 55 West to RT 22 South. (Check MapQuest for best way.)

Our shop occupies 3,300 square feet in a business park. Big blue building on the right as you head north on RT 22. Directly across from a large, stand alone deli, Panino. We’ll park something out front to mark the spot!

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Marcus or at R-E-D.

2022 Route 22
Brewster, NY 10509
(845) 259-3587

vanzuuk1
08-04-2005, 01:29 PM
Hey tom thanks for the offer , i will be there the 17th. I came up with ken brown to p/u his motor but i think i met the other tom.

ralph, please bring shirts.

Either way ken speaks very highly of you guys and his 500 hp small block.I cant wait to see his car, I guess I will see it mostly from behind.

Until the twisties!

vanzuuk1
08-04-2005, 01:30 PM
this is gonna be awesome!

Ralph LoGrasso
08-04-2005, 02:22 PM
Dirk,

This is all the shirts we have left: https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5596

we've gotta order some more. Any of those your size?

Little Bob
08-04-2005, 05:17 PM
Not that I'm expecting to have any problems with anyones cars, but should someone pack a tool box just in case?

sunkistcamaro
08-04-2005, 06:45 PM
I'll throw a jack, stands, some tools and jumper cables in my truck.
Anything else?

69bigblock
08-04-2005, 07:06 PM
I'm working sat. How long is everyone staying in the area? Is anyone going to the show that nite at marcus dairy?

Bryan

YoungGun
08-04-2005, 07:17 PM
Bryan,
I think there will be a few staying for Marcus, probably myself included.

Bill,
Sounds good, we all hope nothing will happen, but you never can be sure. I will have sockets in my trunk and the normal stuff.

I am willing to grab a bunch of Soda and chips...ext ext, but being 18 and all...if you guys want beer that can be someone elses assigment.

Thanks Guys...Oh I checked weather...so far.
85 and sunny next saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim

Ralph LoGrasso
08-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Let me know what you guys need me to bring. Maybe we should get a list going of who is bringing what? Since we're eating at the state park, we should all pack a bag lunch or sandwich, correct?

ALLFAITH
08-05-2005, 03:05 AM
I plan to make in in the AM for sure and maybe even the Dairy at night. Will be in my PT 65 GTO.

Brad

Steve Chryssos
08-07-2005, 09:39 AM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Looks like this park has the best facilities including, swimming, picnic tables, concession stand, canoe & kayak rentals. It's about 30 miles from Marcus Dairy.
Parking CT residents $7.00/ non-resident $10.00

Lake Waramaug State Park
30 Lake Waramaug Road
New Preston, CT 06777

Oh, and I've come up with a name for the event:
Inaugural North East Pro Touring Event
---OR---
I.N.E.P.T.E. :slap:

YoungGun
08-07-2005, 04:43 PM
Oh, and I've come up with a name for the event:
Inaugural North East Pro Touring Event
---OR---
I.N.E.P.T.E.

NICE!!! How long that take!?

Park sounds awesome...this should be fun!

Steve Chryssos
08-08-2005, 02:42 AM
Just think, we could call the 2nd excursion:
The Inaugural....Event TWO.

MrAngry
08-10-2005, 07:03 AM
Just curious - How many people will be showing up at the Ferry in PJ on Saturday morning?! Also, how many people in total are going to be showing up for this?

Cheers - Mike

YoungGun
08-10-2005, 10:52 AM
I have been trying some rough estimates. Including everyone even if they are coming for a short time or whole time, I think its around 10, more or less.

I have been watching the weather, and it is uncertain right now in Danbury area, but I will keep an eye.

Tim

Ralph LoGrasso
08-10-2005, 10:54 AM
Mike,

I'll be at the Ferry on Saturday morning. What time is everyone planning on leaving, or what time ferry are you taking back?
I'm not sure about CT, but it's supposed to be hot in NY on Saturday.

sunkistcamaro
08-10-2005, 11:04 AM
So have we nailed down a time and place for us CT guys to meet with ever one. Just let me know and I'll be there.

MrAngry
08-10-2005, 12:03 PM
I was told by the Ferry people to be there at no later than 6:30am Sat. morning. I am going nuts right now though. I put on my BAER brakes and found out that my Power Booster is shot. Last night I was able to pick up another one from a MOPAR contact that I have but it had to be rebuilt, so my buddy dropped it off today for the rebuild, so hopefully I will have it ready by Friday, this way I can install it Friday night and be ready for Saturday morning...

It's amazing, I bitch and moan about buying stuff like food... but when it comes to the car I just keep throwing money at it.... anyone else have this problem?

Ralph LoGrasso
08-10-2005, 12:06 PM
It's amazing, I bitch and moan about buying stuff like food... but when it comes to the car I just keep throwing money at it.... anyone else have this problem?

Yes, very much so.

Sorry to hear about the booster. Hopefully you'll be all set to go by Saturday. The booster on my truck recently went bad, what a PITA. I had to get a rebuilt one as well.

Should we meet up at a specific spot in the parking lot and then try to board all at once? Maybe they'll group us together if we try to board at the same time? I should be there by 6:30.

MrAngry
08-10-2005, 12:20 PM
We should absolutely do that - they said on the phone that if we arrived in a group they would do that, that is why I am trying to get a solid number on how many people are going to take the boat. Bring a cover for car if you have one as to just protect from people walking next to the car, also we should really get a phone list together of the people who are going just in case someone has to back out.

vanzuuk1
08-10-2005, 12:24 PM
I will be at the dairy at 8:30.

Ralph LoGrasso
08-10-2005, 12:36 PM
We should absolutely do that - they said on the phone that if we arrived in a group they would do that, that is why I am trying to get a solid number on how many people are going to take the boat. Bring a cover for car if you have one as to just protect from people walking next to the car, also we should really get a phone list together of the people who are going just in case someone has to back out.

Can we check on our cars periodically throughout the trip, or is the lower deck off limits once you park there? I've never brought a car on the ferry, so I apologize if these are dumb questions. Who else besides me has a nextel? That will be easiest for us to communicate. Let's get a roll call of who all is going, and we'll swap out numbers.

MrAngry
08-10-2005, 01:03 PM
You can actually stay with the car the entire ride if you choose and honestly I may very well be doing that - I guarentee when people see these cars they will be gathering around them, this always makes me nervous...

Ralph LoGrasso
08-10-2005, 01:05 PM
You can actually stay with the car the entire ride if you choose and honestly I may very well be doing that - I guarentee when people see these cars they will be gathering around them, this always makes me nervous...

I'll be down there with you, with the cars. I doubt anyone will be gathering around my car, it's just a black '01 SS with wheels, but once you get to know me, you'll know I'm extremely paranoid about leaving my car anywhere unattended, especially when there are other people, and / or cars around it. I'm sure your car, Steevo's car and whomever else is bringing a PT'er on the ferry will definitely draw a crowd, though.

YoungGun
08-10-2005, 01:56 PM
Sunkist,
I think the meeting time is 830-9 at Marcus Dairy. I think the CT guys are all coming from various directions, so we will get there around then...the NY guys will show up in a group from the ferry.

Steve Chryssos
08-10-2005, 02:10 PM
I'm in. I even washed my car for a change. Mary and I are are bringing enough copies of route directions for everyone.

Everyone please email me with cell numbers so that we can make a phone contact sheet. Also specify if you have Nextel to aid car-to-car communications.
I'm really looking forward to meeting up with everyone.
/Steevo

Ralph LoGrasso
08-10-2005, 02:19 PM
Steevo,

I sent you a PM with the info.

MrAngry
08-11-2005, 09:09 AM
Have any of the LI guys made ferry reservations yet? I have to call this afternoon to do so. I think I may have my power booster problem solved and I am running to S&K speed to get a phenolic spacer and some heat wrap for the fuel line - hopefully this will help with the vapor locking problem I seem to be having.

ALLFAITH
08-11-2005, 11:41 AM
What time in the AM in Marcus Dairy ? Please RECAP.

Thanks,

Brad

YoungGun
08-11-2005, 11:54 AM
We will all be showing up between 830-9. Just read a bit back and there should be some good recaps of the entire days plans.

Tim

Ralph LoGrasso
08-11-2005, 01:47 PM
Have any of the LI guys made ferry reservations yet? I have to call this afternoon to do so. I think I may have my power booster problem solved and I am running to S&K speed to get a phenolic spacer and some heat wrap for the fuel line - hopefully this will help with the vapor locking problem I seem to be having.

Are reservations a necessity, or can we just show up and board? I haven't made any reservations yet. I guess I need to look up their phone number and give them a ring.

YoungGun
08-12-2005, 05:39 AM
WEATHER CONCERN AT T-MINUS 20 Hours.

Danbury, CT has scattered thunderstorms right now all day tomorrow. Its still a ways away, and weather people are not that swift lately. So I am just making note...I will keep an eye out tonight.

Tomorrow morning, if there is a problem with weather I will make a post and call Steve in NY to make a final decision.

Lets cross our fingers. They have said thunderstorms in my area since monday...and everyday has been hot and clear and nice...SO....

Tim

Steve Chryssos
08-12-2005, 06:00 AM
Sounds like a plan. The radar looks very clear, so I think the weatherpeople have been smoking something.
/Steevo

sunkistcamaro
08-12-2005, 06:40 AM
I'll check for your post in the morning.
I searched the internet for a address for Marcus Dairy, and came up with 5 Sugar Hollow Rd, Danbury, CT. 06810
Does this look correct?

Steve Chryssos
08-12-2005, 06:45 AM
Close enough. I came up with #3 not #5. Page two of this thread (post # 25) has a cute little map of Marcus Dairy. Get there and we'll provide maps the rest of the way.
/S

Tom
08-12-2005, 06:56 AM
Sugar Hollow Road is correct. If you get lost, head for the Danbury Fair Mall or Danbury Airport...Marcus is just around the corner, right under Route 7.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

2022 Route 22
Brewster, NY 10509
(845) 259-3587

vanzuuk1
08-12-2005, 02:13 PM
my cell number is 914 760 7123, nextel number is 172*61909*9.

I live half hour from the dairy, so call me from 7 am for any info.

It is supposed to be stupid hot tommorow, be prepared.

69bigblock
08-12-2005, 02:44 PM
Here's the forcast,

http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USCT0046_f.html

YoungGun
08-12-2005, 03:11 PM
30% Chance isnt too much at all. But look for a post tomorrow around or before 6. It should be a go!!!!!! Clean you cars!!!

Tim

Ralph LoGrasso
08-12-2005, 05:02 PM
This heat is gunna be brutal. Ahh well, car is cleaned and I'm ready to go. Hopefully we don't get poured on. Does anyone know what the cost of the ferry is?

Steve Chryssos
08-12-2005, 06:13 PM
It ain't cheap. Like $30 each way--maybe more. Plus you GOTTA get a ferry hot dog or two for breakfast. Yeah 95 degrees tomorrow. I figure it will be 110 in my car. :scared:

Ralph LoGrasso
08-12-2005, 06:39 PM
It ain't cheap. Like $30 each way--maybe more. Plus you GOTTA get a ferry hot dog or two for breakfast. Yeah 95 degrees tomorrow. I figure it will be 110 in my car. :scared:

Damn, $60+ round trip? If this thing wasn't so early, I'd drive around to CT. At 30mpg, it's gotta be cheaper, heh. Thanks, but I'll pass on the Ferry Hot Dog. With temps that hot, I need to keep the stomach running smoothly, lol. It's raining out right now, I hope it's clear for tomorrow.

Bill Howell
08-12-2005, 06:43 PM
youse guys be careful now you hear.
Be sure to get plenty pictures. It would be nice to see a group shot of some northeastern protouring cars.

vanzuuk1
08-12-2005, 06:56 PM
Ralph , for future reference you should be able to get from the throgs neck to the dairy in under an hour.throgs neck to 95 north to 287 west to 684 north to 84 east.

Ralph, wait untill you see what pulls in behind me, Its red and has 12 cylinders.(no, its not six ducatis in a row)

Bill, I will get some photos and video.

Ralph LoGrasso
08-12-2005, 07:03 PM
Ralph, wait untill you see what pulls in behind me, Its red and has 12 cylinders.(no, its not six ducatis in a row)

Lol on the six ducatis. Hmm, wonder what it is? Must be an exotic.

The route you suggested sounds good. The ferry is really convenient, I just thought it was more like $15 each way. I guess that's what I get for being young and dumb, and having never brought a car on the ferry. No worries, though. I mostly asked because I had a feeling it was more than I thought and wanted to make sure I brought enough money. I'll see you guys in CT in the morning. I added your nextel ID to my phone. I'll two way you when we get off the ferry.

To the LI crew, I'll see you guys at the Ferry around 6:15-6:30!

vanzuuk1
08-12-2005, 07:07 PM
ralph, any word on mr angry?

And I am probably buying that dse stuff on the island so give it a look if you pick up the rear for mr quick.

Ralph LoGrasso
08-12-2005, 07:09 PM
I'm pretty sure Mr. Angry is meeting us at the ferry tomorrow. I'm going to give Steevo a call on my way over there. I REALLY hope I wake up in time. I'm one of those people who is always late, and I'll probably be doing 90mph down the highway trying to get there in time.

Will do on the DSE.

MrAngry
08-12-2005, 07:11 PM
Well guys, bad news for me -

I am a no go for tomorrow. I just got back from the garage, it is now 11pm - I have been there since 3pm and we still have not sorted the brakes out on the Charger yet. We replaced the power booster with a re-manufactured one and yes, it works... BUT we are still not getting enough pressure to the brakes - we have a rock hard pedal so we "think" now that it may be problem with the proportioning valve or that the master cylinder that was supplied by BAER is bad. The car had two proportioning valves. The original that routes to the rear and the one BAER supplied - we have to pull the original and run straight lines... this advice actually came from Steve Strope at Pure Vision Design. It just isn't going to happen for me tonight.

I'm really sorry I can't be there tomorrow - right now I just pissed off and frustrated at all the problems this installation has given me. Please take some pics and post them and drive safe - I'll see ya'll at the next get together -

Cheers - Mike

vanzuuk1
08-12-2005, 07:13 PM
Ralph, I will give you some advice from an old guy, Dont hope you are gonna wake up, just wake up. Its all in how you look at it. Also get off the computer and go to sleep! Thanks on the dse stuff.

Ralph LoGrasso
08-12-2005, 07:16 PM
Well guys, bad news for me -

I am a no go for tomorrow. I just got back from the garage, it is now 11pm - I have been there since 3pm and we still have not sorted the brakes out on the Charger yet. We replaced the power booster with a re-manufactured one and yes, it works... BUT we are still not getting enough pressure to the brakes - we have a rock hard pedal so we "think" now that it may be problem with the proportioning valve or that the master cylinder that was supplied by BAER is bad. The car had two proportioning valves. The original that routes to the rear and the one BAER supplied - we have to pull the original and run straight lines... this advice actually came from Steve Strope at Pure Vision Design. It just isn't going to happen for me tonight.

I'm really sorry I can't be there tomorrow - right now I just pissed off and frustrated at all the problems this installation has given me. Please take some pics and post them and drive safe - I'll see ya'll at the next get together -

Cheers - Mike

Hey Mike,

Sorry to hear about the car trouble. If you still want to attend, you can ride with me during the event. I know you're pissed about the brake problems, so I understand if you wanna sit this one out.

Ralph LoGrasso
08-12-2005, 07:17 PM
Ralph, I will give you some advice from an old guy, Dont hope you are gonna wake up, just wake up. Its all in how you look at it. Also get off the computer and go to sleep! Thanks on the dse stuff.

I'll be there, it's just a matter of how early / late I'll get to the ferry, lol. I'm waking up at 5:45 (hopefully) and the Ferry is only 20 minutes away max, so it shouldn't be too bad. I'm going to sleep very soon, lol.

vanzuuk1
08-12-2005, 07:21 PM
hey mr angry , sorry you cant make it but I am always down for the next one.When the trees turn a little and the airs a little cooler it will be even better.I will take some photos.

goodnight!

MrAngry
08-12-2005, 07:38 PM
Thanks guys -

Honestly, I just really bummed. I took last Friday off to try and rectify this and we thought all was well but then we found the booster was bad, then all this past week I went nuts trying to find a rebuilt 36 year old booster and now that I found a good one and installed it I find yet another problem... so I took 2 days off of work and still no brakes. Again, just really frustrated.

On a good note though, I did manage to heat wrap my fuel lines and put on new ceramic spacer, so I think my vapor locking problem is solved and hopefully within' a weeks time we WILL have the rest of the car sorted.

As for tomorrow, I am unfornately going to bow out - again, just pissed and annoyed. I will be there for the next one though even if I have to ride a friggin' bicycle there... I'll also have a brief write-up about how the previous owner of this car did some stuff REALLY wrong.... right now though - I'm going to bed.

Enjoy your day tomorrow fellas' - I'll be there in spirit.

Cheers- Mike

YoungGun
08-13-2005, 01:31 AM
ITS A GO!!!!!

Everything seems clear, but it will be a hot one!

See ya soon! :3gears:

vanzuuk1
08-13-2005, 01:50 AM
Its already hot.

See you there.