PDA

View Full Version : Camping and Awards

JEFFTATE
05-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Let me just say that I was pleasantly pleased with the camping and track facilities at Carolina Motorsports Park .
The event was great ...
Camping at the site was so convenient and relaxing ...
No traveling back and forth to a hotel .
No traffic.
No hotel bills ..

I was expecting lots of humidity , heat , large bugs , mosquitoes , gnats , sand fleas , loud cicadas , sand in everything , and rain .
But , none of those negative things happened ..

There was a pleasant breeze and only the sound of birds at night ..
It's a great track .

I can't wait to camp again at an event !!

And I want to thank everyone for the Hard Charger Award
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/05/DSC04321-1.jpg

And the Long Distance Award .
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/05/DSC04323-1.jpg

Also thanks to BFG for the Long Distance award Travel Bag !!!
My wife loves it .
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/05/DSC04325-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/05/DSC04327-1.jpg

GeoffP
05-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Congrats Jeff - you totally deserve it!! Like I said, if you want some wrenching help plan for a Saturday and let me know ahead of time!

71duster
05-08-2012, 02:30 PM
i also need to thank the powers that be for my Ridetech Renegade Award. i was as shocked as anyone! i was sort of dazing off into space when they called my name,so i was surprised. so thanks to bill,brian,and yancey for picking me and my lowly ole duster! i talked with Ridetech yesterday and i am meeting them in nashville at Goodguys so they can check out my car for a four link.

Tucks69
05-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Thanks to B&B Classics for the Gift Certificate! I will put it to good use!
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/05/a2613cec-1.jpg
Thanks to Bill, Brian and the rest of the crew and volunteers and sponsers for recognizing all my hard work to make it to the event! I was so happy to get the car there finally. It is nice when your peers recognize your hard work and dedication! I had planned to take it easy on the Camaro, but after the parade lap on the road course I said what the hell!

Jeff and Eric deserved there recognition too. Jeff was the first person I met at a Pro-Touring event in 2008, he made me feel right at home! Looking forward to the next event!

71duster
05-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Thanks to Bill, Brian and the rest of the crew and volunteers and sponsers for recognizing all my hard work to make it to the event! I was so happy to get the car there finally. It is nice when your peers recognize your hard work and dedication! I had planned to take it easy on the Camaro, but after the parade lap on the road course I said what the hell!

Jeff and Eric deserved there recognition too. Jeff was the first person I met at a Pro-Touring event in 2008, he made me feel right at home! Looking forward to the next event!

thanks michael! your camaro really looks good,i got to look it over a little this weekend. love the flat black! you coming to nashville goodguys?

JEFFTATE
05-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Thanks Eric and Michael .
You guys are renegades !

Eric , your Duster blew me away on the track .

It was good to see your car out Michael , I know you busted your butt to get it there ..

GeoffP
05-09-2012, 03:21 AM
All three of you truly deserve the awards you received - Congrats!

scogin918
05-09-2012, 06:14 AM

I stopped by to look at your car a couple of times. Your car is the inspiration for me to get mine out of the garage and on the road. I was looking at the interior and the paint which is pretty close to how mine looks and my friend just looked at me said, "Yeah, but he's out here driving his." Enough said.

JEFFTATE
05-09-2012, 07:16 AM
I stopped by to look at your car a couple of times. Your car is the inspiration for me to get mine out of the garage and on the road. I was looking at the interior and the paint which is pretty close to how mine looks and my friend just looked at me said, "Yeah, but he's out here driving his." Enough said.

Thanks , I've been slowly improving the old car with a low,low budget for years .
It's beat up , but functional , and it's a lot faster than it looks like it ought to be ..
The bodywork is last on the list ( if ever )
My only body concern is whether it is structurally solid and watertight ..

I love coming out to the events and sharing some time with my like-minded friends .
It's not really a competition , just an excuse to hang out , improve yourself as a human being , and drive fast without worry of getting a ticket or in an accident on public streets ..

surnufz
05-09-2012, 08:27 AM
Congrats on winning the drive shaft Michael. Those folks build shafts for nascar, so it doesn't get any better than that! It was a pleasure to meet you this past weekend, hope to see you at upcomming events!

protouring70
05-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Congrats to each one of you!!!! I'm proud to call all of you my friends!!!!!

71duster
05-13-2012, 06:37 AM
Thanks Eric and Michael .
You guys are renegades !

Eric , your Duster blew me away on the track .

It was good to see your car out Michael , I know you busted your butt to get it there ..

a four link rear is in the plans soon,maybe bu RTTH's.

GeoffP
05-13-2012, 05:23 PM
A four link Eric??? Wow - that's a big upgrade/summer project! I'm toning my plans down for the summer but may try to do Vintage Air before RTTH or a rear axle upgrade (new gears and carrier).

dunnjun
05-13-2012, 06:32 PM
Way to go Jeff, Eric, and Michael! I knew i gonna miss a great time, but after seeing the videos I'm really bummed. Congratulations on the awards. Hopefully I'll see yall at one of the events this summer.

HectorM52
05-14-2012, 12:06 PM
a four link rear is in the plans soon,maybe bu RTTH's.

Dayum!! Must be nice!!

GeoffP
05-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Karl - we're glad you didn't come because you're such a great driver!! Your attendance would mean that much less of a chance for us lowly folks to place!!!

71duster
05-14-2012, 03:33 PM
Way to go Jeff, Eric, and Michael! I knew i gonna miss a great time, but after seeing the videos I'm really bummed. Congratulations on the awards. Hopefully I'll see yall at one of the events this summer.

hey karl! thanks. we were hoping to do motor state,but we just have too much going on. see you at peach state?

71duster
05-14-2012, 03:35 PM
Dayum!! Must be nice!!

lol! i have a deal worked out with,lets just say a mopar aftermarket suspension guy. not sure if i will run ridetech or afco's for shocks. i HAVE to do something with my rearend!

71duster
05-14-2012, 03:36 PM
A four link Eric??? Wow - that's a big upgrade/summer project! I'm toning my plans down for the summer but may try to do Vintage Air before RTTH or a rear axle upgrade (new gears and carrier).

lol! it is already a kit,so it won't be bad. that vintage air will probably be harder to put in,but nice!

GeoffP
05-14-2012, 05:07 PM
I cashed in some vacation time so I'm looking forward to some cooler air. I already contacted Matt's Classic Bowties for info. :)