PDA

View Full Version : Jagarang! Any updates on the bird?

1 BAD BIRD
10-14-2004, 02:18 PM
Dude I am salavating sp? over here :yum: just waiting for final pics.

Bob

CAMAROBOY69
10-15-2004, 04:38 AM
Correct me if im wrong but I believe they are without power due to the Hurricanes in Florida. :dunno:

1 BAD BIRD
10-15-2004, 01:11 PM
OH MY!!!! Really? I guess the bird is the furthest from his mind then :( Hope everything is ok?

bob
PT 68 bird

B Cichocki
10-15-2004, 02:01 PM
Nope, we've got power down here in So. Fla. I'm pretty sure Jagarang is around the Miami area as well, and we really didn't get affected at all by the Hurricanes. The damage was all north of here. (But Frank's shop is around Orlando I think, so maybe that has something to do with it.)
-Brian

Jagarang
10-29-2004, 05:06 AM
Brian nailed it on the head!! I'm in Miami and we suffered little to no damage from the 4 storms. Franks shop IS(again Brian is right) in Orlando and was hit significantly by ALL 4!!! How's that for luck. The shop and all the cars are AOK but the power was out for a total of..thinking....thinking....SIX WEEKS or there abouts!! That closed our window for the Year One show in GA and has us in a holding pattern for the time being. In addition to that, Frank had alot on his plate with the storms affecting his people, friends, and properties so he needed and deserves to be left alone to get all his ducks back in a row. There was one other LITTLE TINY problem involving one of his appendages :eek: , while painting my motor, that involved an exorbitant and theatrical display of pissing, moaning, and tear squirting :crying: ......snicker snicker!!! I'll let him explain. Franks in Las Vegas for SEMA for a bit...some of you may see him.
ASK HIM ABOUT HIS BOO BOO!!!!! :doh:
The car has been in construction for a very long time and I can't wait to drive it, but Frank's a great guy and friend(dare I say), and as I've told him before...He deserves the time he needs for himself, he gives the car the time it needs and MORE(not to mention a POUND OF FLESH IN HIS ESTIMATION), and my checkbook needs all the breathers it can get!!

EWWWW LOOK AT MY POST COUNT!!!!!I guess I was feeling a bit EVIL :evil: when I started :poke:ing Frank!!

Bulldog455
10-31-2004, 09:22 PM
Kevin, I really like your ride brother...just wish my Firebird looked anywhere close to that good. I can only afford what the allowance Unlce Sugar gives me every two weeks. So for the mean time Ill just sit and drol...keep up the good work. :headbang:

Jagarang
11-09-2004, 06:36 AM
:lurk:

1 BAD BIRD
07-18-2005, 02:31 PM
Just wondering if you made any progress on the 69 Kevin.?
:postpics:

Bob S.

Jagarang
07-18-2005, 06:56 PM
LOL...You know it's taking too LONG when your getting called out by your car buddies! I'll have some pics soon. just trying to get enough done to make things interesting. Stay tuned Bob and friends!

ProdigyCustoms
07-18-2005, 07:24 PM
Kevin did get wood a couple days ago, quite litterly! Twice, First when wood trim arrived at the shop, and again later when he saw the pictures. Still waiting for a few more parts and we can get working and stay on it for more then a couple days before we add another cool feature that stops us. Did he tell you about the fuel injection? The 4L80E? The shrifter? The 4 C5 Corvette buckets? Yeah, we have made a few changes along the way.
It will be fantastic. Kevin has a clear vision and dedication to the project.

Bill Howell
07-18-2005, 07:43 PM
Nice wood there Kevin!LOL
That stuff looks killer. Nothing looks better than the work they put out. I really dig that console. :headbang:

PRO TC
07-18-2005, 08:22 PM
from what ive seen its going to be one killer bird.

pro tc

MuscleRodz
07-18-2005, 08:30 PM
The wood looks nice Kevin. I guess you didn't come up with a ralley pack set up. Has Joe got the radio done yet?

Mike

ProdigyCustoms
07-19-2005, 04:00 AM
And on the same day, the old man Bill Howell got a bit of fiber in his diet. Carbon fiber that is. here is a sneak peak at the steering wheel. We have a shop we are working with that is fantastic. the work they did on kevins and bills car is incredible as this stuff looks better in person then in the pictures.
If anyone is interested in having wood or carbon fiber inlays, consoles, done, you can contact us at Prodigy.

CAMAROBOY69
07-19-2005, 04:02 AM
WOW that wood interior is turning out really really nice. Looks great Kevin and good job making it look good Frank.

Jagarang
07-19-2005, 04:11 AM
Hey Mike...
The car has full factory Rally guages, but NOT the stacked kind like these...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=80739&item=4561844824&sspagename=WDVW ...perhaps you can see why...1700 and reserves not met! I've got the hood tach and in dash circular rally package. Mine look more like these with a hood tach, these are in a GTO though...
http://www.classicauto-sales.com/cars/car143/p13.jpg

Joe is done with the radio, he's just waiting on the stereo components we ordered to complete the system, i.e. amps, speakers, etc. I think he said Aug. first he would receive them and send them to Frank.

Can't wait to get this thing rolling again. It's been....um..mmmm...12 years since it moved under it's own power!

CAMAROBOY69
07-19-2005, 04:13 AM
12 years!!!!! :eek: :doh: Your definetly going to need a towel in your lap when you take it for a ride. For the. . you know. . wood. :lmao:
PS good luck with the trig test.

Jagarang
07-19-2005, 04:23 AM
I'm praying over the test! Thanks!!

I'll reward my self tonight after the test with a little fun time. I'll look for you.

CAMAROBOY69
07-19-2005, 04:26 AM
I'm praying over the test! Thanks!!

I'll reward my self tonight after the test with a little fun time. I'll look for you.
I can only imagine whats going thru other members heads right now. :lol:
For those that dont know. Kevin, my girlfriend and I all play Halo 2 online quite often at night. At least a few times a week. :machine:

Jagarang
07-19-2005, 04:36 AM
I can only imagine whats going thru other members heads right now. :lol:
For those that dont know. Kevin, my girlfriend and I all play Halo 2 online quite often at night. At least a few times a week. :machine:

That did end up sounding much worse after I wrote it! Oh well! I was going to edit it but I'm not sure what that would do to Adams "Quote".

Thanks God we cleared that up before Allen read it!

Frank..BUDDY..you gotta find that "Image Stabilization" button or your digital camera!!

OLDFLM
07-19-2005, 05:58 AM
Kevin,

The rally guage spot would be a great place to put a Vintage Air controller... are you going to install one?

I think Streetking stuck his there on his Camaro...

Would like to see the specs for your bird!

V/R,
Ty

Jagarang
07-19-2005, 06:41 AM
The spot for the "Rally Sport gauges" you speak of is actually for the "Stacked" style of gauges. I originally thought that I'd do exactly what you speak of, however, I also have a factory clock which was also an option from Pontiac and fits in the same spot. SO....
I had my round rally gauges white faced and restored, along with a digital conversion and restoration of the factory clock, which also got the white face treatment.
In this picture you can see where the factory A/C controls once resided, we fabbed up a wood face with lettering to cover the, in my opinion, hideous Vintage Air control unit face. This way I get my clock to match my gauges and dont have the ugly VA face plate stuck in the middle of all the wood accenting.

Some older photos here Ty!
http://photos.yahoo.com/jagarang

Ops just noticed you said specs, instead of pics sorry! Things are changing so frequently that all the particulars aren't quite nailed down yet. Keeping a few think quiet as well. A few for certain things are a 1971 455HO, Edel. Alum. heads, Fab 9 Ford 9', Budnik wheels, DSE tub/crossmember/spring offset, Rock Valley fuel tank(DSE), Wayne Due front C-4 subframe, Baer 12.75 fronts/13.0 rear(which seem small by todays standards), and so on blah blah blah.

68protouring454
07-19-2005, 06:52 AM
wht style are those wheels?
jake

Travis B
07-19-2005, 07:27 AM
Jake those look like gtx's or sparks from budnik!

Jagarang
07-19-2005, 07:34 AM
Jake those look like gtx's or sparks from budnik!

GTX's they are!

OLDFLM
07-19-2005, 07:49 AM
The lower pics wouldn't come up... I'll try again later...

Hammered
07-19-2005, 05:47 PM
I love that wood! I may need to have that done on my 'bird. What are you planning in the way fuel injection?

John

Jagarang
07-21-2005, 10:13 AM
I know they're reallllly rare but the gauges I'd mentioned earlier in this thread went for SICK money!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4561844824&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Hammered.. I was trying to keep some of the goodies under wraps for a while but Frank has different plans I think! Our currnt thinking is to go with Big Stuff 3.

CAMAROBOY69
07-21-2005, 12:54 PM
HOLY @!@# $2,400!!!!!!!!!!!!! just for gauges!! Someone must have wanted those bad! :hammer:

Steve68
07-21-2005, 01:24 PM
Wow, thats a ton of monies!!!!!

JMarsa
07-21-2005, 01:47 PM
That's nuts, for a dirty set of 135,000 mile gauges!

--JMarsa

Hammered
07-21-2005, 05:41 PM
Jagarang,

I think Frank's teasing is what keeps some of us coming back to the site. I'd love to see another EFI Pontiac-I'm really happy with the way mine turned out.

JMarsa,

The going rate on those gauges was about $700-800 only two years ago. I wish I'd bought several sets then as an investment. Who knows what they'll be going for two years from now. However, someone is supposed to be in the process of repopping them I read.

John

Jagarang
07-21-2005, 07:27 PM
I've seen the repops sell for 2000!!!

zman1969
07-22-2005, 11:59 AM
that really looks beautiful where did you get that done? i have 3 69 firebirds that just looks T1Ts! :naughty:
oh BTW those guages are pretty dang rare - i want some for my ta clone one guy repops them 1500$

ProdigyCustoms
07-22-2005, 02:14 PM
that really looks beautiful where did you get that done?

The wood? You can call me. We can do carbon fiber also.

Roger Poirier
07-29-2005, 04:03 PM
Jagarang,

I just got back from vacation. LOL when I read the first thread. When will this car debut? Are we talking late 2005, early 2006? Inquiring minds need to know!

Even I'm beginning to wonder if you are in the R.P. mode. 10-13 years, maybe more. Get the darn thing done, bring her home and enjoy it. Then send the car back in over winter for additional mods.

R.P.

ProdigyCustoms
07-29-2005, 05:53 PM
I can answer. I think realisticly we will have the rest of the parts around the same time we return from SEMA. Kevin says I get to keep it at the shop when it is done, he will come and visit it, so I am eager to finish it to. It won't take long once everything is there.

Steve68
07-31-2005, 04:17 AM
Franks got wood!!!! heheheh

and carbon fiber too!!!! Just thought I'd throw in,

1 BAD BIRD
08-07-2005, 06:36 PM
SO Jagarang? hmm How is the bird coming along ;)

Bob

Jagarang
08-08-2005, 04:29 AM
I'm pretty much on hold till after SEMA. Franks got his hands FULL with getting Prodigy and Bills GTO on the floor at SEMA. :candle:

Bill Howell
02-16-2006, 08:08 PM
OK, so sema is over, how is the car coming along Kevin?

Jagarang
02-17-2006, 05:57 AM
Thanks Bill! Can I call you big brother!!

Thanks to Steve Chryssos for the Bowler transmission tip, which landed me an adapter for the 4L80E to 455 Poncho marraige, along with a cast alum. extra capacity trans. pan.

The digital radio conversion that Joe's Classic Car Radio ( http://www.geocities.com/joesclassiccarradio/ )has been working on came out great. Joe managed to make a remote control "pod" which we will mount in the door panel to control the stereo without having to bend halfway acroos the car to do it.(A pet peeve of mine!)

Joe did an awesome job, the two pieces are hardly recognizable when combined into a single unit! It has a 6-disk cd changer, and is iPod, MP3 and satellite ready!!!!!

BEFORE PICTURES.....

KENWOOD..with what is now the remote "POD" circled in red......
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Factory 69 Radio..Holly mackerel that things ugly!!

Here is what they look like today after Joes magic TRICKS!!!!!!!!

The amps, speakers, and EFI stuff are all at Prodigy Customs and I NEED FRANK to take a bunch of pictures so I can get to open some boxes, even if it's from 250 miles away!

Cal Hartline( http://www.hartlineperformance.com )took over the EFI project and has delivered everything. When I say he delivered it, I mean in person! His business is in Melbourne and he drove more than an hour to personally deliver the goods to Frank in Orlando AND he did this within 2 DAYS OF THE PLACEMENT OF THE ORDER. A stark contrast to my prior EFI shop.

All in all I think we have everything we need to get the car done. Still missing some Dynomat/Thermoteck? heat and sound stuff, but I think the car is ready to go together finally! It's been an ETERNITY!

CAMAROBOY69
02-17-2006, 06:17 AM
Thats an awesome radio Kevin! Joe did a great job with that and I like how the little LED indicator shows "ETERNITY"
The remote control pod in the door panel will be very trick and original. :seizure:
Are you still going to have to reach across the car to turn the volume up and down?
Reaching across the car to the radio is also one of my pet peves. My 72 cutlass had the worst radio placement of any vehicle I have ever owned. I literally had to reach wayy across the car to turn the radio up or down. Well until I got a radio with a remote control. The remotes are sooo handy when you are dialing in your stereo. You can stand outside your car at the trunk and tune the entire stereo. :)

Jagarang
02-17-2006, 06:40 AM
Unfortunatly the volume was a big problem.

Since these radios were shaft style set-ups the only way to have a remote "volume" control was to rig up some sort of motor with a little drive "chain" thingy that would actually physically TURN the volume shaft! This would have been markedly difficult the engineer and would, in all likelyhood, probably not lasted very long reliably. Bearing these factors in mind, I took what I could get and will be able to control channel, cd changer, and seek functions via the pod.

CAMAROBOY69
02-17-2006, 06:42 AM
OH ok. I know an easy fix for this problem.... Just turn the volume all the way up and then you wont have to worry about it again. :spank2: :lmao:

6'9"Witha69
02-17-2006, 10:19 AM
Dude, the stock '69 radio placement is terrible. It is right in front of my knee! I have to adjust my leg to see the damn thing, never mind adjusting it. /rant off

That radio looks cool. Definitely a cool item in the car. Can't wait to see the thing done. Oh wait . . . eternity . . . Nevermind.

Jagarang
02-17-2006, 11:18 AM
Can't wait to see the thing done. Oh wait . . . eternity . . . Nevermind.

:lol: :squint: :squint: :squint: :squint: :squint: :squint:

Roger Poirier
02-18-2006, 08:20 PM
Just wondering if you made any progress on the 69 Kevin.?
:postpics:

Bob S.

Any one up for the year 2007? Man, oh man I have dreams about this car being finished and its not even mine. :rolleyes:

R.P.

Jagarang
02-19-2006, 07:02 PM
Any one up for the year 2007? Man, oh man I have dreams about this car being finished and its not even mine. :rolleyes:

R.P.

.....that there aren't any photos of the car....
Try this link and let me know if it works people.
The photos are in chronological order from top to bottom.

http://photos.yahoo.com/jagarang

70ptta
02-19-2006, 08:06 PM
jagarang what rear suspension are you useing

CliffS
02-20-2006, 01:25 AM
OMG,Looked at all pics. Love to see it when finished!!

Roger Poirier
02-20-2006, 05:20 AM
We asked for pics and we got them. Wow a whole army of them. Looking very good! It has to be ready for the spring of 2006? Correct?

R.P.

CAMAROBOY69
02-20-2006, 05:31 AM
Kevin,
Looking great so far. I really like how that interior is turning out! Are you going to be runnin Corvette seats or were those just to mock up the console? Bucket seats front and rear would be trick!

ProdigyCustoms
02-20-2006, 06:49 AM
Tic Toc Tic Toc Tic Toc, I see late nights in my future!

Jagarang
02-20-2006, 06:54 AM
jagarang what rear suspension are you useing

Its a standard leaf spring rear with the following components....

From DSE----> Mini-tub, offset shackles, shock relocation crossmember, and 3" drop leaf springs
and..
Rock Valley stainless tank, narrowed and plumbed for EFI. In tank Walbro pump.
Fab9 9" rear housing, Strange modular pumpkin with 3:23 gears, Moser 33 spline axles
Baer Track system 13" front and 12.75" rear rotors

We asked for pics and we got them. Wow a whole army of them. Looking very good! It has to be ready for the spring of 2006? Correct?

R.P.
We're shooting for the Year One Experience in April and the Power Tour Long Haul in June. If we can't make the Year One show, Power Tour is a must since I've already requested vacation time at work.

Kevin,
Looking great so far. I really like how that interior is turning out! Are you going to be runnin Corvette seats or were those just to mock up the console? Bucket seats front and rear would be trick!

Seats are C5 Corvette Sport and the ones you see in the pics will be recovered and redesigned. The console is full length and the rear seats with be C5 buckets also.

MuscleRodz
02-20-2006, 12:44 PM
The radio turned out awesome. Glad to see he is finally done with it.

Mike

zbugger
02-20-2006, 01:52 PM
Kevin, by the time your car is finished it will be considered out of date. Then again, I can say the same for mine....

Hammered
02-20-2006, 06:33 PM
That's going to be one awsome 'bird. I like the body color bumper in the renderings and hope you can pull it off. I never cared much for the half enduro/half chrome bumper on the '69, but I really like the plans for yours. Gives the '69 a whole new look.

John

Jagarang
02-20-2006, 07:54 PM
The bumper is allready done in body color and ready to go!! :twothumbs :twothumbs :3gears:

ProdigyCustoms
02-20-2006, 07:57 PM
Kevin, by the time your car is finished it will be considered out of date. ....

Please do not say this, Kevin is totally capable of adding another trick feature to keep the project current! All it takes is a casual mention and............................................... .

zbugger
02-20-2006, 09:01 PM
Please do not say this, Kevin is totally capable of adding another trick feature to keep the project current! All it takes is a casual mention and............................................... .
Well then I should tell him what I saw on this other site over here..... :moon:

Jagarang
02-21-2006, 06:06 AM
...do tell Allen... :idea:

ProdigyCustoms
02-21-2006, 07:34 AM
ALLEN!!!! DON'T DO IT! I'm bigger then you!

Jagarang
02-21-2006, 07:54 AM
He's big and burly but he owns an ankle-biter and carries it in a "Pooch Purse"!! I think you can feel confident in your abilities to defend yourself against such odds......Now...what is it your speaking of? :ssst:

Jagarang
04-12-2006, 11:06 AM
Did Frank get to you! Maybe he has someone in your family being held for ransom!

What do you have for me!!!!! I'm just itching to add H2O or alcohol injection.

zbugger
04-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Hee hee... And the suspense builds....

69rs
04-12-2006, 12:24 PM
Go with what you have and get it done for Year One! We need to make Year One the premier P/T event and your car looks great! We sure can't rely on mine to be the P/T ambassador!

zbugger
04-12-2006, 03:50 PM
Your's can be the off road ambassador.

Jagarang
04-12-2006, 04:44 PM
Now that is just plain cruel Allen! Don't let him get you down Jim!

69rs
04-12-2006, 06:18 PM
Your's can be the off road ambassador.
And yours is........what? :dunno:

zbugger
04-12-2006, 06:50 PM
Mine's a driveway statue.

69rs
04-12-2006, 07:16 PM
Is that what they call "lawn art"?

69rs
04-12-2006, 07:22 PM
I've been trying to free some pictures from kodak easyshare jail to defend myself against these horrible attacks! However, the pics are hopelessly mired in this useless program. They prove that my car is no longer 4 wheel drive! :ripped: But I can't download them! :throw:

130fe
04-13-2006, 01:53 AM
Kevin, saw your car on Saturday when I stopped by Prodigy Customs. I especially liked the interior with the leather and wood grain. Going to be really a really nice car when Frank and Michael get done with it.

Jagarang
04-13-2006, 04:14 AM
I don't think the motor was in it when you saw it....was it?

Got any pics!

I'm sooooo jealous!

Jagarang
04-28-2006, 06:09 AM
Back in full swing with the motor, tranny, and accessories being mocked up.

One pick of the initial rough rear speaker locations.

Tick tock tick tock!!

CAMAROBOY69
04-28-2006, 06:10 AM
Whoa! That is looking awesome!! This is a really good update. That is a very interresting location for the supercharger. Should really turn heads.

Steve1968LS2
04-28-2006, 06:25 AM
Nice!

Looks alot like a car I saw in the July issue.. hmmm... lol

Now, as Larry the cable guy says, "git er dun"

colt zantop
04-28-2006, 07:41 AM
nice! cool super charger location! keep us supdated!

Jagarang
04-28-2006, 09:40 AM
Found it

Jagarang
04-28-2006, 09:43 AM
Test to find duplicate thread

Jagarang
04-28-2006, 09:45 AM
Thanks..Ralph. My last replies were to find the two similar threads so Ralph could merge them, sorry guys.

Post #'s 80, 81, and 82 could be deleted if anybody gets a chance.

Jagarang
05-01-2006, 05:24 AM
Hoping to receive the last thing we need to start the interior fab today.

Once the headliner pattern arrives we should be ready for lift :revto9k: off.

Post #'s 80, 81, and 82 could be deleted if anybody gets a chance.

CAMAROBOY69
05-09-2006, 05:30 AM
Any updates? :dunno:

Jagarang
05-09-2006, 08:35 AM

Jagarang
05-09-2006, 09:17 AM
Mr. Pibb is tantamount to drinking a Tab!

I hope Frank doesn't see that before he's done with Eternity!

Roger Poirier
05-10-2006, 08:23 AM
Poor guy, that photo is going to live with him forever!. ILMAO. Too funny.

For those that do the posting of these pics you are lucky Frank has a good sence of humor.

R.P.

Jagarang
05-10-2006, 08:51 AM
Actually Roger, I don't hink he's seen this one yet....lol!

Jagarang
05-16-2006, 04:40 AM
The first pics were of initial console seat and dash mock up, and show the seats before being recovered in the new color...

Some random photos that some may not have seen yet....

In the beginning....Well almost.

I've owned the car for 7 years when these photos were taken. I drove in from 1987 through 1991 or so. These were taken in 1994-1995 during my first Body Shop Penitentiary stint.

Currently looking like this.....

And hoping to look like this....

CAMAROBOY69
05-16-2006, 05:26 AM
Now THAT is an awesome update Kevin. Those seats look sooo comfortable and I really like the design. Is the top part of the seat open for 4 or 5 point seat belts? Either way it looks really cool. The engine is beautiful too. Cant wait to see your car going!

Jagarang
05-16-2006, 05:32 AM
The seats are C5 Corvette Sport Seats.

When we recovered the seats in our material, we got rid of the Corvette lettering in the upper back rest just below the hole. The hole is factory GM, but now that you mention it, I wonder if they intended it to be strictly cosmetic, or to have a purpose as you suggest?

Anybody know?

My guess would be just cosmetic, to differentiate a "Sport" C5 package option, over standard.

Kinda makes me go "HHMMMMMMMmmmm" (like Arsenio Hall might say)

Steve Chryssos
05-16-2006, 06:44 AM
It's designed to make room for the hair raising up on the back of your neck as you dive into a turn face first. :drive1:

Looking good dude. Hurry!!

Jagarang
05-16-2006, 07:11 AM
It's designed to make room for the hair raising up on the back of your neck as you dive into a turn face first. :drive1:

Looking good dude. Hurry!!

I wonder why they didn't design anything into the seat bottom to accomodate "Sphincter Pucker" when leaving a turn butt first!!:3gears: :drive1: :drive2:

Steve Chryssos
05-16-2006, 08:21 AM
You don't want it.

Jagarang
05-16-2006, 05:07 PM
You don't want it.

Which..... The pucker or the seat mod??LOL

The updates are coming faster now....

The rear seats covered and set in place but not yet mounted...

Here are pictures of Michael "THE prodigy" doing the header modification for the steering shaft.

Jagarang
05-16-2006, 05:11 PM
Holy ginormous pics ....

Maybe a mod can resize those? I don't know why image shack didn't shrink them more?

EFI69Cam
05-16-2006, 05:19 PM
The first pics were of initial console seat and dash mock up, and show the seats before being recovered in the new color...

How'd you all bolt the C5 seats onto the floor? The seat riser is right in the way.

Jagarang
05-17-2006, 07:15 AM
EFI...

The seats aren't bolted in in those pictures. I'll get back to you when we work out the seat mounts if you'd like.

The bad news today....

SUPERCOOLER gets the BOOT! Unfortunatly, allthough we wedged the unit under the dash and got it mounted, the rest of the dash just wouldn't go together with it in there. The thing is monstrous and just didn't work. We're going to have to go with a Compact unit to get all the stereo equipment and console into the car. The upside is that the compact unit will fit uner the dash more and intrude into the passenger foot well MUCH less and look a thousand times better.

These projects just love to :enguard: the build process.

EFI69Cam
05-17-2006, 07:47 AM
Please let me know.

Thanks

Steve Chryssos
05-17-2006, 09:39 AM
Don't feel too bad about not fitting the supercooler. My car only has the 2-60 model. Two open windows and 60 mph.

Matt@RFR
05-17-2006, 09:53 AM
Michael from Prodigy:

Do yourself a favor and buy these (http://store.cyberweld.com/ti4incutigwe.html).

ProdigyCustoms
05-17-2006, 01:34 PM
LOL, Ya know he has them, but he wears these all the time. I think he eats wearing them to. I think he can unzip his fly wearing them, LOL!

Funny, he hated the tig at first, now i can hardly get him to mig stuff.

Michael from Prodigy:

Do yourself a favor and buy these (http://store.cyberweld.com/ti4incutigwe.html).

Jagarang
05-17-2006, 01:36 PM
OFFICIAL...

Steve Chryssos
05-17-2006, 01:51 PM
Kevin,
Your paddle shifter shipped today.

Jagarang
05-17-2006, 02:02 PM
Kevin,

:cool: :jump: :worship: :headbang: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :seizure::hail:

CAMAROBOY69
05-18-2006, 03:45 AM
Kevin,
Kevin you lucky SOB! Its like christmas all over again.
Love the license plate and congrats on getting "ETERN1TY" on there. Thats so friggin cool. :)

Jagarang
05-18-2006, 03:58 PM
Steering shaft with header clearanced....thanks to THE prodigy(Michael)

Oooooooohhhh purdy!!

Jagarang
05-19-2006, 06:15 AM
What are your thoughts on an aluminum drive shaft guys?

I have never had any reason to even think of this sort of thing except with this one time project.

I hate to admit my thought process on why I chose the aluminum, but here it is...

In Gran Turismo for PS2, yes I played it quite a bit, I would notice a significant difference in driving characteristics depending on the "exotic" carbon fiber and standard drive shafts when added or removed from a vehicle.

I know aluminum isn't carbon fiber, but rotating mass is what it is, and aluminum must be lighter than comparable steel.

Wouldn't this mean a faster rev and more net HP to the wheels vs a steel shaft?

Would it be a noticeable difference in a change over from a steel drive shaft and flywheel to a comparable aluminum setup?

Would a higher rotating mass mean a higher torque "factor" or "feel"?

My thoughts based on the fact that the motor is supercharged and the high torque numbers even stock Pontiac's have historically made, lead me to choose the aluminum over steel. It's also prettier!

Thoughts.....

CAMAROBOY69
05-19-2006, 09:10 AM
I think your shaft looks very pretty. :)
On a serious note I would also get an aluminum driveshaft if I had the money. I dont think you would see a dramatic difference between aluminum driveshaft over stock steel.
The flywheel is a different story. Your engine can accelerate and decelerate much faster with an aluminum flywheel. However I dont know how much abuse or heat the aluminum flywheels can handle compared to the steel.

EFI69Cam
05-19-2006, 09:28 AM
What are your thoughts on an aluminum drive shaft guys?

I have never had any reason to even think of this sort of thing except with this one time project.

I hate to admit my thought process on why I chose the aluminum, but here it is...

In Gran Turismo for PS2, yes I played it quite a bit, I would notice a significant difference in driving characteristics depending on the "exotic" carbon fiber and standard drive shafts when added or removed from a vehicle.

I know aluminum isn't carbon fiber, but rotating mass is what it is, and aluminum must be lighter than comparable steel.

Wouldn't this mean a faster rev and more net HP to the wheels vs a steel shaft?

Would it be a noticeable difference in a change over from a steel drive shaft and flywheel to a comparable aluminum setup?

Would a higher rotating mass mean a higher torque "factor" or "feel"?

My thoughts based on the fact that the motor is supercharged and the high torque numbers even stock Pontiac's have historically made, lead me to choose the aluminum over steel. It's also prettier!

Thoughts.....

You will like it with an OD trans. The DS spins faster than the engine, and lessening the rotating mass is a good thing.

Jagarang
05-19-2006, 10:30 AM

:seizure: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :help:

Neil B
05-19-2006, 10:49 AM
I swapped the stock steel driveshaft in my 5.0 Mustang for a Ford Motorsport aluminum driveshaft. It made a noticeable difference in drivetain smoothness in the upper rpm range. It added a little responsiveness to the car's acceleration but not a lot.

A minor drawback was that the added diameter of the aluminum shaft made it more difficult to get driveshaft safety loop clearance.

CAMAROBOY69
05-22-2006, 04:19 AM
Congrats Kevin! I just read your article in the July 2006 PHR "Hometown Hotrodding" section. :look:

Jagarang
05-22-2006, 05:39 PM
I never woulda thunk it! Been reading them since I was 11 and now I'm actually in one! I'm stunned.

Thank you Popular Hoddrodding, Prodigy Customs, Steve Rupp, and all my buddies here at the site!!!

trapin
05-22-2006, 05:58 PM
Got mine today. Pretty cool man....pretty damn cool.

Hopefully my car will be in there someday. Probably around the time we have people living on Mars.

Bill Howell
05-22-2006, 06:00 PM
Your car getting finished should be inspiration to others around here Kevin. Congrats on the coverage, well deserved.:1st:

ProdigyCustoms
05-22-2006, 06:23 PM
Just so everyone knows, Kevin is a slave driver. It's 10:20 and he still has us here. All for a silly little cruise thing coming up!

Jagarang
05-22-2006, 06:24 PM
SHUT UP AND WORK DAMN-IT! Wheres that whip smiley!!

ProdigyCustoms
05-22-2006, 07:19 PM
Kevin has a very nice rear. It's just FABulous! Fab 9" that is.

ProdigyCustoms
05-22-2006, 07:22 PM
Judge for yourself

Jagarang
05-22-2006, 07:42 PM
First Adam and my SHAFT!!

:seizure: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :help:

AND NOW YOU WITH THIS!!!!!!

Kevin has a very nice rear. It's just FABulous!

This board has really turned into something COMPLETELY unexpected!!

OH......and lest we forget THIS.....

Steve68
05-23-2006, 04:22 AM
Damn Frank your right Kev is spending money like it's going out of style!!!

Kevin no wonder the guys at Harbor harboured the bird for so long!!

Looks good!!!

Jagarang
05-23-2006, 06:43 AM
Damn Frank your right Kev is spending money like it's going out of style!!!!!!

Don't remind me!!!!

Kevin no wonder the guys at Harbor harboured the bird for so long!!

REAALLLLLlly don't remind me!! Very embarrasing!:hammer: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Steve68
05-23-2006, 06:21 PM
Just busting yo chops, nothing like getting screwed by a body shop, I have a little story I'll tell you sometime next month,

Jagarang
05-25-2006, 04:47 AM

CAMAROBOY69
05-25-2006, 04:53 AM
Very very nice Kevin. Thanks for the update. :bananna2:

Jagarang
05-25-2006, 05:48 AM

trapin
05-25-2006, 03:25 PM
That engine is KILLER!

Jagarang
05-25-2006, 06:19 PM
:hail: Thanks Tony.

My Amex card is nearly molten in consistency!!

restomodbird69
05-25-2006, 06:58 PM
that is sweet.where did you get the valve covers a friend is looking for those covers.

Jagarang
05-26-2006, 04:27 AM
I got them from Butler Performance, but they are probably the most expensive valve cover I'll never buy again.

They are VERY VERY nice and the welds are beautifull. Very well made but pricey.

I'm a LITTLE EXCITED!!!!!!

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears: :git: :seizure: :seizure:

restomodbird69
05-26-2006, 02:27 PM
i would be too.

Jagarang
05-27-2006, 05:31 PM

69rs
05-27-2006, 06:40 PM
WOW! :jawdrop: It's looking awesome Kevin! I know you are stoked!

Hammered
05-28-2006, 06:36 PM
Kevin,

Your car is incredible - can't wait to see it done. Who refaced the gauges for you?

John

restomodbird69
05-28-2006, 06:40 PM
sweeeeettt!!!

Steve68
05-29-2006, 07:23 AM
Kevin, where did you or Frank get the Alum D/S I need one for my car I get it local or BMR, Thanks Steve

ProdigyCustoms
05-29-2006, 12:26 PM
Advanced

Roger Poirier
05-29-2006, 03:29 PM
Looking very sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet! :twothumbs

R.P.

Steve68
05-29-2006, 04:42 PM
Advanced, whats the quality like? price?

ProdigyCustoms
05-29-2006, 10:41 PM
Well here I am like a ghost in Franks machine!! I'm sitting behind Franks keyboard, under his profile, and typing my latest update so her it's is..

Jagarang(aka Prodigy Customs for today) It's early and I forgot to log in under my own profile but screw it...I'm tired and Franks sleeping already!!

After fifteen years, she comes to life again TODAY!

Just and incredible, exhilarating experience! After setting up a "basic" tune with Cal Hartline and Frank talking together on the phone at 11:00PM this evening and after a very long Memorial Day of thrashing on the car,........

SHE CAME TO LIFE AND ROARED TRIUMPHANTLY FOR A SHORT TIME ABOUT 10:55 PM THIS EVENING.

I had the day off and the crew of Prodigy Customs and I thrashed all day and overcame some teething issues to get her running today for the first time in many many years!!

The event was ecstatically thrilling and you will see by the words I use in the video that I was more than a little excited to be able to see her take her first breaths.

The video is short and we didn't run her for long, without a cooling system or Pro-Charger, but she spit and coughed her way into eh land of the living with surprisingly little problems. No leaks, she ran at idle on her own, and pumped up 60lbs of oil pressure at idle!! Eternity is finally coming to an end!! I can’t wait!!

I'M TO STOKED O SLEEP! So her I am feverishly typing this to you all retiring to Franks house, calling in sick for the morning shift and a couple of celebratory martinis! ALL IN ALL A MARVELOUS DAY!!

Thanks for listening and more to come soon!!

Kevin,

Your car is incredible - can't wait to see it done. Who refaced the gauges for you?

John

Thanks. I wish I could tell you, but apparently its a secret that will got o the grave witht he guys who owned the shop before Prodigy Customs got the car. They never told me who "their" guy was.

Steve68
05-30-2006, 03:40 AM
Cool, Congrats for you!!!! can't wait to here it with the Procharger, cheers for you, get some well deserved sleep, I talked with Frank on sat, and he was telling me about the thrash, yikes,

CAMAROBOY69
05-30-2006, 04:36 AM
I got goosebumps reading that reply KEVIN!! Now where the hell is the video!! I was so excited to see it then looked thru this entire post and cant see the video! I sooo wish I could have been there to see your excitement. I bet you were almost in tears. Thats soo awesome!
PS the engine and shrifter pics are awesome!!

speedster
05-30-2006, 05:32 AM
Kevin -
This is so cool that you finally get to hear the 'bird run again. Talk about an adrenaline rush !! Hope to hear that thing running in person. Cal is a great EFI tuner. You know how his GN runs.

Congrats again on firing that puppy up. :yeah:

Jagarang
05-30-2006, 05:13 PM
I got goosebumps reading that reply KEVIN!! Now where the hell is the video!! I was so excited to see it then looked thru this entire post and cant see the video! I sooo wish I could have been there to see your excitement. I bet you were almost in tears. Thats soo awesome!
PS the engine and shrifter pics are awesome!!

You asketh and you shall receiveth!!

These are the short low res clips on the cybershot, Frank and I will have to figure out how to get the good vids posted.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF RACE GAS AT NIGHT!!!!

I'm blazing back to Miami now to get some sleep for work tommorow and Thursday, and then back to Orlando for more thrashig....it's going to be VERY VERY VERY tight, everybody.. :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: !!!!

BMF Machine
05-30-2006, 05:35 PM
RACE GAS; AT NIGHT? :smoke: I wish I was in sunny FLA. to hear that one! You all need to get some damn sleep man! Take a break, kick back a while? lolol.

Sorry for the outburst, I am delirious from a couple really long weaks myself. Damn dayjob is killing me.

Kevin

CAMAROBOY69
05-31-2006, 03:12 AM
You asketh and you shall receiveth!!

These are the short low res clips on the cybershot, Frank and I will have to figure out how to get the good vids posted.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF RACE GAS AT NIGHT!!!!

I'm blazing back to Miami now to get some sleep for work tommorow and Thursday, and then back to Orlando for more thrashig....it's going to be VERY VERY VERY tight, everybody.. :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: !!!!
ETERNITY IS ALIVE!!!!!!
ETERNITY IS ALIVE!!!!!!
ETERNITY IS ALIVE!!!!!!
ETERNITY IS ALIVE!!!!!!
ETERNITY IS ALIVE!!!!!!
ETERNITY IS ALIVE!!!!!! :revto9k: WHEW HEWW!!!
Eternity sounds awesome Kevin!!! Thanks for sharing the video and I can't wait to see and hear more!! What exhaust set up are you running???
I can even host the videos on my site if you want. I have tons of bandwidth to use up.

ProdigyCustoms
05-31-2006, 04:18 AM
It is Spin Tech 3" oval into 3 inch round tailpipes dumping down behind the wheels

Jagarang
05-31-2006, 04:38 AM
Thank you Lisa for opening your home to me.

Thank you again and again and again to Frank, Jace, Michael, and Andrew for the late nights and all the hard work, in the past and for the future!

It's back to the grind today and tommorow for me back at work, and then back to the real grind Friday, to try to do what I can to help Frank and the guys get Eternity on the Tour.

Stay tuned, this weeks episode aint over yet!!

SOMEBODY IN THE IMPORT BUSNESS PLEASE SEND MANY TONS OF VERY HARD COFFEE TO THE SHOP ASAP!

mustanggirl1967
05-31-2006, 06:55 AM
that is awesome kevin i can just see you now with that big smile from ear to ear that is very good news im very happy to hear how your big day went :) :cheers:

Jagarang
05-31-2006, 07:13 AM
that is awesome kevin i can just see you now with that big smile from ear to ear that is very good news im very happy to hear how your big day went :) :cheers:

If we can get the video hosted somehow, you can also read some fairly specific explicatives from my lips the first time she ran, in addition to a giant grin!:guilty:

CAMAROBOY69
05-31-2006, 07:16 AM
If we can get the video hosted somehow, you can also read some fairly specific explicatives from my lips the first time she ran, in addition to a giant grin!:guilty:
Kevin I told you a couple posts back that I will host any videos you want.

Jagarang
05-31-2006, 07:19 AM
Kevin I told you a couple posts back that I will host any videos you want.

I know, and I'm sure I'll take you up on the offer soon, but Frank says his PC does funny things to the videos when he uploads them? Thats why we did the short ones with his Cybershot, that way he just plugged in the card reader and wallah!

The don't like to play once uploaded? Maybe it's a format thing? Neither one of us is a real savy video techy guy. I'll see if he can email them to me.

CAMAROBOY69
05-31-2006, 07:22 AM
If you have any huge videos you need to send you can send them to me thru yahoo instant messenger. You can send any size file thru that. Then if necessary I can make them any size for everyone to view. Just like all the videos on my site.

trapin
05-31-2006, 09:42 AM
Kevin...I was in need of a giant bag of ice on my lap after hearing that mother. Awesome, just awesome.

Your project has really got me jonesin' to get my done. Although after the paint I'm going to be pretty much out of money. Will be another 2 or 3 years before I'm screaming explitives over an mpeg file on this site.

Congrats...looking good.

LS1Bandit
06-01-2006, 05:30 AM
WOW! that is an awesome project!!

Jagarang
06-01-2006, 10:37 AM
Kevin...I was in need of a giant bag of ice on my lap after hearing that mother.

Or just a picture of my mother in law!!

Jagarang
06-01-2006, 10:38 AM
BONZAIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!

restomodbird69
06-01-2006, 11:19 AM
glad to see it running

69Nova
06-01-2006, 11:27 AM
Congratulations Kevin. I cant wait to see it on the tour.

PonchoJohn
06-01-2006, 11:32 AM
Beautiful car and a fantastic engine!! I can't wait to hear/see more!!

Drewhelm
06-02-2006, 01:06 PM
Kevin,

That thing is AWESOME! Nothing like the cackle of a healthy Pontiac!!! :)

I fired my new Pontiac combo last night.....whoa does it sound nasty!

Steve68
06-03-2006, 04:37 AM
the pictures you see, are nothing like what it looks like now, late nights, the guys working on this thing are incredable

ProdigyCustoms
06-04-2006, 04:46 AM
Well, we did not make it. Just ran out of days, and nights for that matter. It wasn't for lack of trying. We are all pretty disappointed, the crew are not even going on the tour. We willl finish it up when Lisa and I return from Power Tour.

Special thanks to board members Steve68 and Patrick, you guys earned Prodigy Customs gift cards, so let us know when you need help.

Kevin, thanks for being Kevin.

Steve68
06-04-2006, 06:08 AM
Thanks Frank, I stayed till 2:30, then I had to go, the front end was pretty much together before I left,

Thanks for the praise, there is a couple of things I like that you guys were doing we'll talk later, enjoy the tour,

Patrick
06-04-2006, 07:24 AM
It was a valiant effort. Man you guys were bustin' a$$ for days on end. I have never seen so many people work so hard, for so long! Sorry the clock ran out...because the car is going to be awesome. Keep us posted on the trip.

Steve68
06-05-2006, 07:22 PM
Come on Kevin give me a PM, lets talk, where are you what are you doing????

ProdigyCustoms
06-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Kevin went to Arkansa to visit his momma, sonething he needed to do anyway. I know he doesn't have a laptop, and I am not even sure they have water and power in Arkansa! I am sure he will chime in soon. In the meantime, I am eager to do some holeshots very soon.

Steve68
06-06-2006, 02:06 AM
Did you not go out on the tour??, your at home, well, at the shop working??

ProdigyCustoms
06-07-2006, 04:03 PM
No Steve we went, but just to Columibia, seemed like everyone was running fine, so we turned and came home after over sleeping. Rumors are Charlie Tuna (Steve Os buddy) kept us out at the adult entertainment establishments till 3:00AM and Lisa and I could wake up. So Lisa and I are heading to the Bahamas for a few days. Power Tour is cool, but not without the hotrods. Next year I guess.

Steve68
06-07-2006, 07:18 PM
I'll call you next week, have a Kalick and a Goombay Smash for me, don't forget some Conch Fritters!!!