PDA

View Full Version : New pro touring build

kjwalters
05-02-2012, 06:50 AM
Hello guys
Been awhile since I have been on this section of the forum. I have fianlly decided to attempt another build.
We need a car to show case MiMod HP in at the shows this season. So what we have decided to do is a pro touring 65 mustang.
I see there are a couple on here and loved the idea of and early fastback.
Anyhow, we just purchased a power plant yesterday which is a Fuel injected Yates 358W setup. Using a dart iron eagle block, sonny bryant crank,corrilla rods,wiseco pistons,racing main and rod bearings, Yates C3 heads with titanium valves and retainers ,springs with matching intake drilled for fuel injection with edelbrock fuel rails. All brand new never run. Just have to get our cam combo together.
Will most likely run FAST ECU. SHould make about 700HP N/A on pump fuel.
Not sue what we are going to do for a trans, but I am thinking TKO 600 or vipee T56.
Should have the car sometime this week. This time around we have shop in WI doing all the chassis and fab work for us. They are fairly new but do fantastic work. Will be fabing everything from the Stainless headers to the dash and console. I will let you in on the name as we get pics and video to post.
We are going to put a few goodies that Mimod can control into the car. ISIS, vintage air, PW windows, doors, trunk, etc..etc..
Anyway, stay tuned.

SRD art
05-02-2012, 07:45 AM
Sounds great! I'm a Chevy guy but if I owned a Ford it would be a Maverick, simply to steer clear of what everybody else has. I love the grabber hood, that thing is way cool. Looking forward to photos.

kjwalters
05-05-2012, 11:00 AM
So the maverick we where looking at fell through. So that through us for a loop. However. the opportunity has came up to purchase a 68 mustang fastback. Lets see how that goes.

PT Sportwagon
05-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Looking forward to seeing the build as it progresses. I love Mavericks

Tim

kjwalters
05-10-2012, 03:14 PM
So we finally picked up mustang a 65 fastback. Yes it has been done, but hey, I love the cars, So we are all set now with out base. Sorry guys for getting your hopes up on the maverick. I hope the build will still be interesting to some here. Car arrives Sunday from OK.
More to come.
Jamie

nine lives johnny
05-10-2012, 03:19 PM
pics or it didn't happen :)

GrabberGT
05-11-2012, 06:24 AM
I think you should just scrap the whole project if you cant do a Maverick. Go ahead and send me the motor.