PDA

View Full Version : Rotisserie For sale or rent in san diego?

busters67
04-28-2012, 11:42 AM
Hey all! Looking to do a build up of my new to me 67 Camaro RS. I would like to put it on a rotisserie to get the bottom stripped and painted. ANy suggestions for finding one in San Diego area? Thanks in advance for the help!

go-fish
04-29-2012, 07:06 AM
There is a media blaster in Point Loma. Maybe they know someone who has one they no longer need. Good luck on the search.

busters67
04-29-2012, 08:50 AM
Do you have a name on that media blaster? I was thinking of stripping the car myself, but wouldn't mind paying a good price to have it done. I live in military housing and they do not allow working on vehicles. I do anyway though! Small 1 car plus garage. I have an enclosed trailer to store my extra parts I am not working on. They just made me move it out of my driveway. Really sucks trying to get a project like this going without room to move! Makes me want to buy a house just for this reason!

I will probably just make one myself if I can not find a good one on the cheap.

go-fish
05-01-2012, 01:52 PM
67lsvert knows. He has a paint and body biz. He's up in Ramona but uses these PL guys. I think it may be Advanced Restoration company (soda blasters), 619-286-3300.

What base housing you in? Supposedly, there is an issue with the MWR hobby shop on NASNI. As far as I know the hobby shop at 32nd Street Navy Base is still letting peopl have long term projects. In regards to them not letting you work on a car in your garage, FTN! LOL.

busters67
05-01-2012, 04:49 PM
Sweet! Thanks!

I am in Strand housing! Been here for 5 years now. Real small houses for a family of 4 and two large dogs! I just need garage space! LOL.

SShep71
05-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Whats up guys, Busters I have my car at 32nd street and they so far dont have any problems with long term projects. NASNI is closing down soon from what I was told. They are only open weekends now anyway. 67lsvert is Pat at Pats Customs in ramona like Johnny said. He is a good dude to deal with. He is probably gonna be doing my GTO. He could point you in the right direction.

go-fish
05-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Sweet! Thanks!

I am in Strand housing! Been here for 5 years now. Real small houses for a family of 4 and two large dogs! I just need garage space! LOL.

I am in Coronado as well. Like Shep says, NASNI is a let down. For the longest time I've been wanting to go in on some kind of garage space in an industrial complex with a couple other gear heads but the prices they charge for sq. footage around here is ridiculous. I live on the island in an apt. and a single car garage here is $200! Most of them are just big enough for a Mini Cooper.

Can't go wrong with Pat if you want your car done right. If you want to take a ride up to Romona let me know and I'll show you the way. Give me a ring sometime. If any of us here ever get some cars going I'd like to do a Cars and Coffee at Tidelands Park.

67 ls1 vert
05-01-2012, 11:02 PM
Hey guys, I have a Rotisserie here at my shop. If you need someone to do the bottom for you, let me know.

I can have it striped and painted and back to you in a week. Or if you want more done just let me know. I'm easy to work with.

Just PM me for my number and we can discuse what you need.

Either way, if you guys want to come up and hang out and check out the cars I have going feel free to come over.

Pat

busters67
05-04-2012, 07:40 AM
Well I bit the bullet and bought one. It is an Atlas unit with all the attachments. Biggest let down is it is made in China! Kind of pissed about that one. I asked the guy before I spent the money and he told me he thought Mexico. I didn't see the made in china markings on the crate until after I had it assembeled. As much as I want to hate it for being china built, it is a nice heavy duty unit. Just waiting for the attachments to show up, they were shipped from Indiana and the unit itself came from AZ.

I appreciate the offer, Pat, and plan on taking you up on it! To look at the cars, that is! I am trying to do my car as much as I can by myself. More to be able to say "I did that" good or bad, than anything else. I am working with an engine guy now that is having a bit of a tough time grasping that. I want to learn how to build every piece, and have a nice car! At one point or another in my life I have done every thing I need to do to this car, just never all on the same vehicle!

The wife and I are looking into buying a house and Ramona is on the list of possibles! It would be a bit of a comute for both of us working though!

V8240Z
05-04-2012, 09:55 AM
Ramona is a great place to live. Plenty of room, and a lot of cool cars around. I am Pat's neighbor and commute to Kearny Mesa each day. It only take 35-40 minutes but it is worth the drive. Good luck with the camaro....