PDA

View Full Version : 383 + D-1SC = which Commander 950 kit?

Tim_in_NC
07-18-2005, 04:38 AM
Hi Guys...

In my '68 Camaro I'll be running a 383 stroker with Procharger's D-1SC .. I've decided to add an EFI system and have been attracted to the Commander 950 kit...

I believe I've seen this similar setup on Jody's car...not 100% sure...

Which Commander kit should I go for??? (part number) What size injectors?

I'm currently running 42 lb. injectors on my '95 camaro with an N/A 383...

With the blower, I would expect to need a much higher lb. rate injector ...

Thanks in advance,
TIM

camcojb
07-18-2005, 06:36 AM
Injector size depends on HP. My buddies 69 with a ProCharger (406) makes 700 rwhp on 14 psi. It takes 75 pound injectors to keep the duty cycle safe. Any idea what power range you're aiming for? The other thing, with the Holley you need the race upgrade to run the larger low impedance injectors. I know they go up to 60's in high impedance, maybe more.

That car runs a FAST ECU which can run any size low impedance injector, no upgrades.

Jody

Tim_in_NC
07-18-2005, 08:17 AM
Thanks Jody...

I would say somewhere around 600 to 650 rwhp... Sounds like your buddies setup might be very similar to what I'm in need of...

I'd like to use the Holley ECU but if the FAST product would prove better then I'd probably bite the bullet on get one... Think it would be worth the change? I'll probably be running around 12 lbs. of boost...

-TIM

camcojb
07-18-2005, 09:17 AM
Either works well. The Holley has good tech support, including a member here (AndrewB70). They now come with a wideband which is needed to tune the blown engine. Has a bit more adjustability too than the FAST. At the time I was using FAST it had a lot more things I wanted, but the Holley has really progressed.

Jody

Tim_in_NC
07-18-2005, 09:37 AM
Thanks Again Jody,

It would be great to use the Holley ECU, with wideband, and save the Extra $$$ for the FAST ECU...

I need to drop Andrew a line and chat for a while about this wideband Holley version...

-TIM