PDA

View Full Version : McLeod B&B/Long clutch?

70RT/SE
07-17-2005, 07:17 PM
My Keisler 5 speed was delivered today for my 70 Challenger and I need to get a clutch set up for it. I am having Keisler machine my 10.5" bellhousing for the 5 speed which will be another couple weeks before I get it back.
I am thinking of getting a B&B/Long clutch set up from Mcleod to replace my 10.95" B&B clutch setup. Has anybody run this style of clutch before? How much pedal pressure does it have compared to the clutch I have now? Would pedal pressure be less because of the Long fingers?

Also, can you run a 11" clutch disc with a 10.95 pressure plate? Does the .05" make a difference? The reason I ask, is I don't see a 10.95" 26 spline disc in Mcleod's catalog. I have tried for a week to get a hold of Mcleod's tech line with no luck.

Thanks for any info.

Railing68
08-05-2005, 07:41 PM
yeah tech line is a pain to get through to, I run the BB, not the long. I spoke with George a while back for a rebuild and he recommended he diaphram style, but I retained the BB since I had it with 2400lb. Effort isn't bad at all. So I did not really answer the question but, why do you want the long? If you have to replace the 10.95 and PP consider the 12" maybe. SS

JodysTransmissions
08-06-2005, 07:59 PM
I will second that about George's diaphram clutches. I'm running his 12" diaphram and his aluminum flywheel on the street with no problems. She never slipped behind the ZZ502/502.

Regards, Jody