PDA

View Full Version : Holley hp power source

DButler
04-17-2012, 05:00 AM
On my power harness I know it says connect straight to battery. I am using a battery terminal like picture I posted can I connect hot in one allen port and ground on ground side or do I need a different type terminal? I am using a yellow top optima battery. I just want to be sure I get the best hot and ground source. I would think what I have would be fine but I may be wrong. I want to do this right one time lol58313Thanks

Ollie8974
04-17-2012, 05:27 AM
I would not connect it directly to the battery, I would look for an empty tab on the fuse block or steering column.
There usually needs to be one direct 12 volt connection and one switched connection.

rickpaw
04-19-2012, 04:58 AM
I would not connect it directly to the battery, I would look for an empty tab on the fuse block or steering column.
There usually needs to be one direct 12 volt connection and one switched connection.

Why wouldn't you connect directly to the battery? Doesn't the HP harness have its own fuse?

If I were to do the install, the above terminal should be fine.

DButler
04-20-2012, 09:30 AM
It does have the fuse inline. It is suppose to go to battery I was just making sure this terminal would be okay to use.