PDA

View Full Version : Corvette rack- Positive ID

astroracer
04-11-2012, 02:48 AM
The van is getting to the point where I need to get a "good" rack. The mock-up rack is good for a trade in but that is all. I got this off eBay back in '05 I think and I want to verify what rack it is before I order one from Zips.
What do I need to look for to verify the year? Here is a couple of pics of what I have.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/04/MVC004Fvi-2.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/04/MVC005Fvi-1.jpg
Would it be good idea to get the "sport" version? 2 full turns L to L instead of 2 1/2?
Thoughts?
Thanks
Mark

brrymnvette
04-13-2012, 04:06 AM
Are there any part numbers on it? The only way I know how to tell is by the way the wires are routed. I'd get the 2-1/2 turn one. Last thing you need is that van being very twitchy at highway speed.

astroracer
04-13-2012, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the help. I have determined the C5 racks are all the same. Unlike the C4's which have a "sport" option and can vary from year to year. I will be ordering the rack as soon as Zips answers a few questions I have...
Mark

astroracer
04-13-2012, 06:07 PM
Just placed the order with Zips. They are having a 35th anniversary promo. 10% off on internet orders! Saved me 21 bucks! It'll be a deal as soon as I get the core charge back... Daayam...

brrymnvette
04-14-2012, 07:53 AM
Just placed the order with Zips. They are having a 35th anniversary promo. 10% off on internet orders! Saved me 21 bucks! It'll be a deal as soon as I get the core charge back... Daayam...

Damn, I was hoping to catch you before you ordered it. I'm having to pull out the rack I just got from them a couple months ago. Turns out the VES sensor isn't working. Just got back from the shop where I just tested the entire system. Getting ready to call them nowto see what they'll do.

astroracer
04-14-2012, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the heads up but I won't be hooking up any of that electrical stuff... I'm just using the rack for steering in a non-computerized environment. The pigtail will be there but it'll be plugged and tie wrapped out of the way.