PDA

View Full Version : Wilwood install question

brandonc707
04-10-2012, 05:01 PM
I just got my brakes and am having trouble already :(
i have the wilwood 12.19 six piston fronts on a 67 camaro. The passenger side went on perfectly, however it seems that the drivers side doesn't want to play nice......
the caliper seems like it needs more shims on the bottom bolt? The instructions say to always use the same number of shims top and bottom. But when I get the top of the caliper centered on the rotor the bottom is way off..... 1/8"++......
It seems if I either bent the bottom of the caliper bracket out or added more shims to the bottom it would work.
I can sight down the edge of the caliper to the hub and it looks like if I tweaked the bracket to align with the hub all would be happy? Have any of you had this happen? I don't want to start bending things or adding more shims to the bottom without asking first!
I have double checks style instructions to ensure the washers that hold the caliper bracket to the spindle are correct and they are as the drawing shows......... I can't add photos from my phone but can download them later if you guys want to look?
Many advise??

brandonc707
04-10-2012, 05:02 PM
Oops

brandonc707
04-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Got it! called Wilwood today tech support told me to shim the lower bolt on the caliper bracket (between the spindle and bracket)