PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Midwest Muscle Car Challenge dates are set

Finch
04-08-2012, 09:52 AM
The 2012 Midwest Muscle Car Challenge will be held Memorial weekend at the Mid American Air Center located in Lawrenceville Ill 5/25 - 5/27. This will allow for everyone to travel home on Monday 5/28. We will be spending the entire weekend at the airport running the Autocross, Road Course and new Speed Stop Squared and will not be going to Putnam Park so this should make it easier on everyone not having to pack up after the track day at Putnam and drive down to Lawrenceville.

We are putting the final details together on the event and will have that out soon but do promise excessive track time and 2 days of Chad Reynolds running his money maker.

Registration to open very soon, don’t miss out on this one.

shmoov69
04-08-2012, 07:46 PM
So, what is the speed stop 2'd? And no road course at all or ?
Thanks! It was an awesome event, just wish I wouldn't have spit a head gasket on Saturday early last time! :-(

SicMonte
04-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Do you need any volunteers?? Since my car is down for a while and so is Kim's we could come and help out!! Let me know.

69lt4
04-25-2012, 07:26 AM
Ditto on road course.

Kevin

Finch
04-26-2012, 07:16 AM
We will be running Road Course and Autocross on Saturday and Speed Stop Squared and Autocross on Sunday. The Road Course will be layed out on the runway and crossovers like we do at El Toro for RTTC so no walls to hit. Good thing here is that we will have a passing zone so we can run more cars on the track at once and allow for more track time.

Finch
04-26-2012, 07:18 AM
Do you need any volunteers?? Since my car is down for a while and so is Kim's we could come and help out!! Let me know.

Doug,

You are always welcome at our events, I hope you can get at least one of the cars back together before this show as it will be a blast.

JEFFTATE
04-26-2012, 07:35 AM
Wow , I loved Illinois last year ...
All the small towns , farms , fields ..
Lawrencville is a great town .

shmoov69
04-27-2012, 08:44 PM
Will the runways and area be smooth enough for a high speed road course?

woodside783
05-14-2012, 09:37 AM
is there a model year cut off for this event?

CaseyC
05-22-2012, 05:17 AM

Qualifying vehicles must be domestic four-wheeled street capable vehicles, domestic vehicles only. No purpose built race cars or kit cars will be allowed to compete. The only open-wheeled vehicles are allowed are '34-and-older domestic vehicles. This event is designed to be a fun and spirited competition to showcase vehicles conceived and built within the "pro-touring" concept. Vehicles must be set-up to be street driven daily in all kinds of weather.

RS_Customs
05-22-2012, 07:48 AM

You should be able to come and run, but will be considered exhibition if you don't fit into the above mentioned criteria.

Robert