PDA

View Full Version : Great Group

vette427-sbc
04-07-2012, 07:25 PM
Just wanted to say I had an absolute blast this year... As some of you may know I had some trouble with my car in the last road course session, and as soon as my car was towed back to the paddock, I had a bunch of guys right there offering tools and help to get me going again. Randy (pro-bell camaro) ended up letting me borrow his rig to get my car home. (found out it was a head gasket that went) It is the great group of people that make these events so much fun. So I have to say thank you again to everyone, and a HUGE thank you to Randy.
Cant wait to be back in action and tearin' up the track at the next event! :cheers:

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/04/fd5ba516-1.jpg

SRD art
04-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Thanks for sharing your words Chris and lending thanks where they need to be. Good luck on the repairs!

tommycomfort
04-08-2012, 01:36 AM
It is absolutely the group that make these events what they are.
Tom

gsxrken
04-08-2012, 04:12 AM
Pics!!!!!!!

Want footage and stills from the day. Details!!!!!

sr73bu
04-08-2012, 05:29 AM
Chris,

You are spot on, this group was amazing and we all had a blast!!! HUGE Thanks to Bill Howell, Brian Finch, All of the sponsors, Bangshift.com, B&B Classics (for lending us some tools) and everyone else behind the scenes and involved with the ASCS!!! We hope there is an event in our area next year and can't wait!!!

I also have to thank Wilwood Brakes for the "Hard Charger" award and $750 towards a big brakes kit....something I definitely need...haha... the rear drums and stock front rotors just aren't cutting it on the road course with a 4000lb + car..lol

Last but not least... a Huge Thanks to Randy (Pro-Bell)! I was getting frustrated out on the big track, trying find a good line and learn the feel of my car with the new 6 speed and 4.10 gears... during the first session I threw my fan belt and parked the car. Randy's friend approached me and asked if I wanted Randy to ride along (he is a driving instructor). The next session was like night and day, after the first few laps, Randy had me driving the car totally different. Unfortunately, every lap we took ended up under a caution flag so my recorded times couldn't really reflect the improvements I felt with Randy coaching me... and just as I was getting the line down, I threw my fan belt, again, and the car jumped right to 250* ... resulting in us getting towed off the track. Either way, It was a blast..... Thanks again Randy for all of your help!

Can't wait until the next event! I'll definitely have better brakes, more confidence...and my alternator aligned so I dont keep throwing fan belts..lol

Thanks again to everyone, I'll post pics as soon as I can!

-Sean

SSninja
04-08-2012, 08:17 AM
Definitely had a great time hanging out, seeing/hearing some awesome cars, and shooting photos all day (Official count is 2025 total, but that's not to say that they're all usable :)).

I unfortunately wasn't able to get everyone on the autocross and track as I had to run back and forth between the two areas.

Bangshift.com should be posting up galleries over the next few days or so, and I'll post up a link to my personal gallery as well once I'm done editing everything.

Brian and I left around 6 AM this morning and I just got home; planning on getting some Easter dinner with the family next and then editing photos tonight.

Thanks again to everyone that organized and participated in the event. It was my first Pro-Touring event that I've attended and I had a blast!

NJSPEEDER
04-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Had a great time even though I never got to run. Got home today and figured out it was the high pressure hose on the power steering spraying out fluid at rpm. New one is already ordered and I hope to be back at the track soon.

Had a great time and met a lot of great people this weekend. Thanks to everyone that makes it happen behind the scenes and all the great sponsors that pitched in so we could have some fun.

Congrats to SR73Bu on the hard charger award from Wilwood and BonzoHansen for getting the renegade award from Ridetech. both great guys and very deserving winners.

GNon18s
04-08-2012, 11:32 AM
My favorite part of these events is when i aproach people who have way cooler cars than me but they stand there for 10 minutes talking to me as an equal. Not an arrogant one out of the whole bunch from what i've seen. That doesnt happen in some other car groups.

71duster
04-08-2012, 07:10 PM
hey chris! sorry for the troubles! it was great meeting you guys this weekend. at least it will be a fairly easy fix.

the dan
04-09-2012, 03:46 PM
I came down with chris (69 vette) and couldnt believe how right GNon18s, i didnt even have my truck here and everyone was open to communication on tips for the build.
And Randy is one of the most geniune people i have ever met. Let a complete stranger (me) drive his truck and trailer back while he drove his race car on the highway.

cpstang24
04-09-2012, 06:29 PM
I had a blast as well, i can't wait for next year, going to sell my cobra with its SET UP suspension haha and do an old car up, i am totally envious of everyones car there, i can't wait for next year..too early to sign up? Hah...thanks to Bill and all the sponsors for making that event happen. Hope it continues next year

lotarust
04-10-2012, 06:53 PM
It is absolutely the group that make these events what they are. TomMy son Kenny got to run his new home built Camaro and can't begin to describe the pride I felt! We had some bumps in our weekend but still had a good time.Kennys clutch was slipping so we parked the Camaro and he ran the mustang on the road coarse. I ran the mustang last . I split the engine block almost in half.I guess that confirms that it was making some good horsepower! Jason Childers saved my butt and trailed me and my car back to the hotel.Another great guy! Thanks also to Bill, Brian,and their families for all the work that go's unseen.

lotarust
04-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Correction, Jason Childress. This spell check is killin' me!

Quickboat
04-11-2012, 03:11 AM
Looks like you guys had a blast. Maybe some day my car will see an event. I have a question about one of the cars. Who owns the copper 67 Camaro? I have a 67 and would love to look at his build for inspiration. Looks like it is setup well. Any help locating info on it would be appreciated!

ProBell
04-11-2012, 03:37 AM
I to love the events for the people as well as the actual driving. Every one works together to make shire we all have fun and get through what ever mishaps may happen. I have been saved many times over the years and am always glad to help in any way.
I have to thank Kenny SR for saving my but. I put the car together just before I left. Apparently I forgot to tork the left front wheel. Kenny heard it when I drove by and asked me. THANKS KENNY.
I hope every one was happy with their performance. Thanks to some help at Motor State last year and this event I felt like I was actually driving the auto cross. My times were not that good compared to others but were good for me.
The speed stop squared challenge was a blast. I have never done any thing like that before. I was very impressed how well every one did. Even when people lost they put up some good runs.
Billy and his Nova were awesome to watch. It would really pull out on the straight part of the run and then he did some great driving to the finish. Congrats. Hope to see you all next year. Randy

ProBell
04-18-2012, 03:53 AM
Hi Chris
Did you take it apart? What happened ? Hope all is well. Randy

vette427-sbc
04-22-2012, 11:07 AM
Havent touched the motor yet... Been working on some suspension stuff so I can get my new wheels on and sell the old ones to get some $$ back in the vette account. Ill be back in action and ready to break something else in no time. Thanks for checkin' in!