PDA

View Full Version : flat trunk pan

SatisTraction
07-16-2005, 04:41 AM
has anyone here ever made the tunk area flat? i am replacing my trunk pan right now and i am thinking about making a new flat panel instead of the original drop. i would take 1" tubing and brace between the frame rails and then plug weld the new panel to the braces. any thoughts?

CDJr
07-16-2005, 07:37 AM
Actually I considered doing something similar with the Firebird Im building. Youll need some adaptations to mount the fuel tank, etc.

Camaro Zach
07-16-2005, 09:11 AM
if you do that i would get a bead roller and roll some design into the panel to give it more strenght and it would look alot better than just a flat panel.

SatisTraction
07-16-2005, 09:23 AM
well i am converting to a LS1 and have a DSE mini tub kit. the stock tank is on the scrap pile!!! i think i could manage to install the LS1 tank if i had a flat trunk pan. I do have a replacement trunk pan but i think i be going flat.

CDJr
07-16-2005, 10:33 AM
Ya, if youre gonna tub it, that sounds good, and Id definitely roll beads or some sorta channels in it like Zach said. Post some pics of your progress when ya get it goin, Im curious as to how it comes out. And good luck with it. :)

SatisTraction
07-16-2005, 12:46 PM
thanks. well i did a mock up and the LS tank wont fit. so i still have to go custom on that