PDA

View Full Version : BMR Chevelle extended coil over bracket

chevelletiger
03-30-2012, 03:33 PM
I'm so glad they're coming out with this for us A-body guys (that get overshadowed by F-body parts for the aftermarket) !

It looks to be made of 1/4" laser cut steel.

I'll post a pic soon.

phil

BMR Sales
03-30-2012, 06:54 PM
Phil,

We will have the A-Body Coil Over kit with our new design caster correct A-Arms on display this show season. We are constantly developing a parts for our entire vehicle lines, but if I can get enough pre-orders the boss will put these at the front of the line.

Here is a "spy photo" I took this week:smoke:

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/03/ABodyCoiloverConv12-1.jpg

Chevelle598bb
03-30-2012, 07:50 PM
Looks good. I was wondering who was going to come out with a upper coil over mount. Will the mount be available by itself or will it have to be purchased with a control arm kit? Pricing? And of course more pics!

chevelletiger
03-30-2012, 08:31 PM
Looks good. I was wondering who was going to come out with a upper coil over mount. Will the mount be available by its otheelf or will it have to be purchased with a control arm kit? Pricing? And of course more pics!

X2 more pics! Brackets themselfs would be good,I'm already running tall joints.these badass! And way better than the other one on the market imo.phil

chevelletiger
03-30-2012, 09:54 PM
Phil,

We will have the A-Body Coil Over kit with our new design caster correct A-Arms on display this show season. We are constantly developing a parts for our entire vehicle lines, but if I can get enough pre-orders the boss will put these at the front of the line.

Here is a "spy photo" I took this week:smoke:

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/03/ABodyCoiloverConv12-1.jpg

I wish your co. Would be at g.g. Delmar sat. Darn it? Oh well,i can wait i guess:’(

BMR Sales
03-31-2012, 05:19 AM
Looks good. I was wondering who was going to come out with a upper coil over mount. Will the mount be available by itself or will it have to be purchased with a control arm kit? Pricing? And of course more pics!

The kit will be sold by itself. Not sure yet on pricing but will be very reasonable for sure. Here is the only other "Spy Photo" I got of it, but I will get some more soon....

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/03/ABodyCoiloverConv2-1.jpg

I wish your co. Would be at g.g. Delmar sat. Darn it? Oh well,i can wait i guess:’(

We will be at Columbus Good Guys with this on display along with the caster correct A-Arms.

Simmo
04-02-2012, 11:11 PM
These are the answer to my prayers...

Whats you current ETA for these?

Chevelle598bb
04-03-2012, 07:49 AM
Global west is now selling their upper coil over mount that looks very nice but is very pricy. I much rather purchase a mount from the guys at BMR.

What length coil over are y'all setting these up to work with? Is there more reinforcement on the other side of the upper control arm mount? More spy shots!

BMR Sales
04-03-2012, 01:34 PM
Hey guys sorry for the delayed response....... phones were extremely busy today. As I mentioned the kit is competing with three other products right in finishing stages of R&D. I was told by the boss that if I can get a few of you to sign up for a "pre-order" it will get done much quicker.

The shocks I just ordered for our display are Afco 3840C with typical 4" stroke. The brackets are more than enough but since our design is much more simplistic than the other our pricing should be lower and easier to install.

chevelletiger
04-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Rich,will we be able to run a shock with more stroke than 4",and will the 4"stroke take car of the lower ride height short coil over problem we have with abodys?

marolf101x
04-04-2012, 03:14 AM
We've been offering "coil overs" in the form of Shockwaves for years for the A-Body cars using the stock upper mounting point. We add the required length by dropping the lower shock mount in our control arms.
Full stroke, designed for lowered ride height, complete bolt in simplicity:
http://www.ridetech.com/store/musclecars/?subcats=Y&features_hash=V269.V328

chevelletiger
04-04-2012, 08:10 AM
We've been offering "coil overs" in the form of Shockwaves for years for the A-Body cars using the stock upper mounting point. We add the required length by dropping the lower shock mount in our control arms.
Full stroke, designed for lowered ride height, complete bolt in simplicity:
http://www.ridetech.com/store/musclecars/?subcats=Y&features_hash=V269.V328
Yes,but some of us already have tubular lowers and want to add this to what we have,i would like tp add that your product and service is awsome.phil

chevelletiger
04-04-2012, 08:19 AM
Ive been posting this over at chevelles.com and theres some wondering on the strenght of these compared to the chacain and gw design that braces where the spring pocket use to be.maybe allan or rich could say something about it,or if more bracing will be added? Mark from scandc maybe you have an opinion on tje design?

Chevelle598bb
04-05-2012, 06:25 PM
I wish the mounts were set up for a little longer coilover with a ride height length of around 14 inches or so. I think it could use a little more reinforcement work but looks like BMR may be on the right track.

BMR Sales
05-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Here it is mocked up on our show display.......

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/05/IMG_20120510_113331-1.jpg

chevelletiger
05-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Here it is mocked up on our show display.......
H
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/05/IMG_20120510_113331-1.jpgr
Rich,thank you for updating us.are the brackets going to get more reinforcement,and any on car testing yet?I REALLY WANT these for my car,how soon?!do you have more pics?

67goatman455
05-11-2012, 07:26 PM
awesome! I was just looking for something like this!

chevelletiger
05-14-2012, 01:10 PM
awesome! I was just looking for something like this!

Are you going to order brackets too? I am. how many abody guys are in?!!! Rich can we get pics of the other parts in the kit? Thank you.phil.

Chevelle598bb
05-14-2012, 02:17 PM
I'm going to use the gw brackets or make my own. I havent decided on how lazy (time) i wamt to be lol. I already have a 14.5 inch ride height coil over which is the length used with the gw brackets. The BMRs look like they would use a 10 or 12 inch long ride height coilover.

chevelletiger
05-16-2012, 09:33 PM
I'm going to use the gw brackets or make my own. I havent decided on how lazy (time) i wamt to be lol. I already have a 14.5 inch ride height coil over which is the length used with the gw brackets. The BMRs look like they would use a 10 or 12 inch long ride height coilover.

Yeah I was thinking if bmr doesn't get enough orders to produce this, ill buy gw or fab my own .where did you get the shock specs on the gw brackets?I wonder how hi the bracket is.

Chevelle598bb
05-16-2012, 10:24 PM
I emailed and called global west about 10 times or so. I finally got a response. The brackets were set up to run with a DS502 qa1 coilover. 17 inch extended, 11.625 collapsed, 14-15 ride height.

BMR Sales
05-17-2012, 07:20 AM
You can use various 4" stroke coilovers that is usually around 15" extended length with 11" collapsed length. Generally speaking they will have a ride height around 12-13.5".