PDA

View Full Version : Sell the HTH truck arm kit?

Yenko boy
07-15-2005, 03:12 PM
I have the HTH truck arm kit brand new inside the box do you guy think its worth selling for the DSE 4 link. I knew DSE was developing a rear susp system for the camaros but I didnt think it would be out this soon nor did I think the price would be so low. So I bought the truck arm susp instead now im pissed because I wish I would have waited a little longer. I need opinions. Thanks guys...

Anthony

68camaro396
07-15-2005, 03:32 PM
It really depends on what you want to do. If you prefer straight line driving go with DSE.
If you prefer corner carving performance, stay with HRTH Truckarms.

Yenko boy
07-15-2005, 03:37 PM
Really I was thinking the opposite. I was thinking that even though DSE's 4 link hasnt been tested on the track(from my knowledge) That it would be better for the corners then the HTH truck arm.

camcojb
07-15-2005, 04:49 PM
It really depends on what you want to do. If you prefer straight line driving go with DSE.
If you prefer corner carving performance, stay with HRTH Truckarms.

The DSE setup is NOT made for straight line racing, although drag cars do use a 4 link. I've driven the Mule with this setup, and it corners like it's on rails, and is very predictable. I won't bash the HTH setup, but this one is a top notch handling upgrade for our cars.

Jody

BRIAN
07-15-2005, 05:43 PM
I am surprised there really hasn't been more comments on the DSE set up? I am also curious about it's handling as it does look more of a 4 link than 4 bar set up. Also it has the panhard bar vs a watts link which seems to be a big gripe here???

baz67
07-16-2005, 05:19 AM
I, also, will not talk down the truck arms, but I would take the DSE kit over the truck arms every day of the week for corner carving.

Norm Peterson
07-16-2005, 08:08 AM
I am surprised there really hasn't been more comments on the DSE set up? I am also curious about it's handling as it does look more of a 4 link than 4 bar set up. I suspect that any comments concerning Steeda's Mustang '5-link' would be generally applicable to the DSE 4-link. Note that Steeda counts the PHB as a link, which is entirely correct (if a bit unconventional).

Pics here (http://www.detroitspeed.com/)

vs pics at the bottom of

this page (http://www.steeda.com/store/-catalog/5link.htm).

Norm