PDA

View Full Version : To Speedomotive Or Not!!!!!

67cam406
07-15-2005, 09:39 AM
My Dad Wants a nice Crate Motor For his 55 Chevy,
Is speedomotive Motors Any good.
Does anyone have experience with there crate engines.
I see that they offer Free Shipping!!!!!!

Thanks,
Kevin

camcojb
07-15-2005, 09:52 AM
Without bashing I'd suggest you do a search for Speedomotive on nearly any car board. There appears to be MUCH more bad than good about them.

Jody

ballistic69
07-15-2005, 11:24 AM
WAY OVER PRICED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cdog
07-15-2005, 04:46 PM
Don't do it. There a bunch of cheating *******s. They gave me a bogus dyno sheet on my boat 540 and when I came up 10 MPH short which is about 100HP short the dumm asses blamed it on the boat. They forgot to put in the right pistons???????? 8.1 compression??? Ya right. With a dyno sheet showing 578HP and 600 FTTQ. I pulled the engine out and sent it to www.fonseperformance.com Talk to Al....And now the boat hauls ass. Al mentioned that the mains were beat to **** and the engine would have started to knock after 10 or more hours on the engine. Do yourself a favor and give Al a call. He's a good guy and does excellent work. PM me if you need more help....

camcojb
07-15-2005, 05:02 PM
They don't actually dyno the engines; they give you a computer generated dyno sheet with NO guarantees that you'll even be close to that number.

Jody

Lowend
07-15-2005, 05:56 PM
In my 8 years in the Automotive Performance Industry I have never met or talked to anyone who has had a good experence with Speed O Motive.
They have probably the worst reputation of any engine builder in the country

If you want an engine done right, call Paul at
Goodies Speed Shop http://www.goodies-speedshop.com/
Paul was one of my co-workers and mentors for a lot of years. I have never met a person with a better understanding of engine physics

sumfuncomet
09-04-2007, 02:15 PM
Just saw your question..I was ripped off by Speedomotive,they lost parts sent to them,lousy machine work and to top it all of the block they used had a crack in the cas e by the motor mount.Their response too bad!!!! Really uunbelievable.DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

justanova
09-05-2007, 09:48 AM
I Vote Not!!!!!!!!!!

David Pozzi
09-05-2007, 10:33 AM
NOT!
Also take a look at the GM crate engines, available anywhere and guaranteed by GM.
David

Adam's 55 Chevy
09-07-2007, 08:22 AM
So they give a computer generated dyno sheet to customers. Whats the point of that then? To make them feel better, so they can take a page printed from desk top dyno down to their friends? Seems a bit weird if thats what they think customers want.

You hear just one bad story about a company, you move on. There are lots out there with untarnished records over many years. Yes they may cost more initially but in the long run you only buy one motor.

6'9"Witha69
09-07-2007, 08:24 AM
Don't do it. They have top of the line equipment, but that means nothing if a trained monkey is operating it (and I think compared to Speed-O-Motive, that is offensive to the trained monkey).