PDA

View Full Version : RTOS safety requirements/rules

damannhw
03-22-2012, 08:39 AM
I was reading over the rules posted for RTOS to see what changes have been made. Last year at RTTH and PSMC we needed an approved helmet and seat belts, and of course a safely prepared car. What changes do I need to make to be prepared for this years events ?

http://americanstreetcarseries.com/?page_id=529
(http://americanstreetcarseries.com/?page_id=529)
-I see that a fire extinguisher is required this year for all cars.
-Fire suits required for road course open class.

Could someone clarify what classes will be run on the road course and what safety gear will be required? I assume I WON'T be in the open class (not enough $$ !) :)

I checked Carolina Motorsports website, but I'm not seeing any requirements there.
http://www.carolinamotorsportspark.com/index.html

musclecarmatt
03-26-2012, 09:52 AM
i will be also looking at this too....need to know what i need to get....i still need to get a helmet,gloves...and fire extinguisher..

JEFFTATE
03-26-2012, 01:30 PM
It is my understanding ,

For the slower class :
SA2005 ( or SA2010 helmet )
Fire Extinguisher
At least 3-point seat belt ( with a shoulder belt , of course ) .
Rollover protection for convertibles .

For the faster , unlimited class:
SA2005 or SA2010 helmet
Fire Extinguisher
3-point seat belt ( or better , like a 4 point or 5 point harness )
Some sort of roll over protection for convertibles ( like a 4-point cage or better )
A Fire Proof Jacket
Fire Proof Gloves
Fire Proof Shoes

Remember , this is MINIMUM requirements , anything more is better .

vette427-sbc
03-26-2012, 01:37 PM
It is my understanding ,

For the slower class :
SA2005 ( or SA2010 helmet )
Fire Extinguisher
At least 3-point seat belt ( with a shoulder belt , of course ) .
Rollover protection for convertibles .

For the faster , unlimited class:
SA2005 or SA2010 helmet
Fire Extinguisher
3-point seat belt ( or better , like a 4 point or 5 point harness )
Some sort of roll over protection for convertibles ( like a 4-point cage or better )
A Fire Proof Jacket
Fire Proof Gloves
Fire proof shoes

Remember , this is MINIMUM requirements , anything more is better .

Is the roll cage requirement for convertibles? Or all cars?

GNon18s
03-26-2012, 05:42 PM
Is the roll cage requirement for convertibles? Or all cars?Convertibles! Hard top cars are not required to have a roll bar. (I've been seeing alot of wrong information passed around about ASCS safety rules. Its best to go to the Americanstreetcarseries.com to get the safety info!)

musclecarmatt
03-26-2012, 05:48 PM
i posted up a thread in the RTOS section on the board for clarification alittle bit ago.....just to see get it directly from the source before i fully regrister....funds are limited...soo making sure before i put alot into this....

JEFFTATE
03-27-2012, 05:23 AM
Sorry , my mistake . I corrected my previous post .
The rollover protection is for Convertibles .
And fire proof shoes are also required in the unlimited class .

Here's a link to the rules page for ASCS :
http://americanstreetcarseries.com/?page_id=529

And here's some excerpts from the rules page :
" 11. All competitors/passengers must wear a Helmet with an approved Snell 2005 or newer and must be free from cracks blemishes or large scratches while in competition."
"13. Footwear, the shoe must cover the entire foot. (Road course for unlimited class requires fire rated footwear) "
"14. Required on all road courses for the unlimited class- Helmet, fire-rated footwear, jacket and gloves."

"2. Seat belts are required in all cars. Installation and the use of shoulder belts or an aftermarket harnesses is strongly recommended. For convertible, open top, and cars with Targa-tops/t-tops in the open position a factory 3 point or aftermarket 4 or 5 point harness is required (No lap only belts in open cars on road course) Attached hardware for belts must be in good condition, secure, tight. 3, 4 or 5 point harness must be installed and routed per manufacture specifications and are required for the all out class on the Road Course"

"3. Roll bars or roll cages are strongly recommended in all cars but mandatory on all convertibles for road course.The top of the roll structure may not be below the top of the driver’s helmet when the driver is in the normal driving position. We approve, among others, the Tigercage by Ridetech, roll cage kits offered by DSE and the Shelby bar offered by Gateway Classic Mustang. While we do understand there are many other options out there, we certainly know first hand the quality of these kits."

"16. Fire Extinguisher 2.5lb or more, must be attached and accessible. Road course only."