PDA

View Full Version : New brake booster/Master cylinder does not work

RamAir
03-21-2012, 01:12 PM
So i have struggle with my brakes for some times without any success.
I have the DSE BB/MC combination together with Kore3 C5 front diskbrakes for AFX spindles. Rear brakes are GM 9" drumbrakes.
The problem is, when a move my feet from the break pedal it will not release direct. It is a 1 sec delay before it goes bak to its top position.
I have bench bleeded the master cylinder according to a Bendix manual that Tobin provided me with. I have bleeded the system with a power bleeder.
I have replaced the GM distribution block to a simple t-block. I have mounted a 10 psi wilwood residual valve for the rear brakes. I have tested a new brake booster. Non of these thing have made the brakes work. Now I know that IŽam not alone since there is an other guy on this forum (Espen, are you here) with the same problem. He has the same set-up on his 2e gen Camaro. Does anyone have some input about this. The spring has arrived i Stockholm and I whant to drive my car .... Thanks / Magnus :help!:

RamAir
03-26-2012, 02:40 AM
If I block the outlets on my MC and it is proper bleeded, how long should I been able to push the piston before it stops? 1/8" ? More / Less ?