PDA

View Full Version : HOT ROD Drag Week!

HOT ROD Magazine
07-14-2005, 10:01 AM
Pro Touring is all about performance, streetability, and versatility, right? Come prove it at HOT ROD Magazine's first-ever Drag Week. Here's the low-down: We're kicking things off on September 11 at Kansas City International Raceway, then hitting up five different tracks in five days. The lowest average e.t. wins, cars must be driven from track to track, and no trailers or support vehicles are allowed.

This event is not an invitational, so any street-legal car with a current registration can enter. Rules? Just about anything goes, and you can make as many passes as time allots. The prize? A HOT ROD jacket, profuse glory in the magazine, and the liberty to run your mouth online in self-praise for a year until it's time to defend your title.

The entry fee is $125 if you preregister by October 15th, and you're on your own for lodging. Sign up by calling 877/413-6515 or log onto www.hotrod.com (http://www.hotrod.com/) for the full scoop.

Stephen Kim
Staff Editor
HOT ROD Magazine

Bill Howell
07-14-2005, 10:33 AM
How cool is this?
Stephen,
First, welcome to the site. I hope you come around often.
Second, this sounds like a great deal. Since we encourage drivers, not trailer queens, those close should jump on this.
Third, there is another thread right now about events in the open discussion area, I hope you will read it.
Thanks,

David Pozzi
07-14-2005, 11:08 AM
Thanks for letting us know! :3gears:

zbugger
07-14-2005, 04:05 PM
Umm..... Pre-Register by October 15, yet the event starts September 11? Hmmmm...... Guess I gotta go flip my calendar backwards.

ProdigyCustoms
07-14-2005, 04:11 PM
Humm! Scheduleing is kind of bad for me, but I'm thinkin!

Bill Howell
07-14-2005, 05:37 PM
http://forums.hotrod.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=5031
Looks like 230 to 330 miles daily plus track time :bananna2:

jy211
07-15-2005, 10:57 AM
just got the email...

Bigblue73
07-20-2005, 11:19 AM
Here's an invite....If you have a problem while doing this event, I live exactly half way between KCIR in Kansas City and the Dragway in St. Loius (actually Madison, IL) at exit 111 on Interstate 70. I've got space to help out and enough parts to help the Mopar contingent.

Hell - this may turn into a party. There goes the yard...again.

BB69
07-20-2005, 05:01 PM
We are really trying to get our 68 Dart ready for this event. It's not exactly pro-touring, but since it was brought up...

I don't have it in my sig, but I am part of a motorsports team at Oakland University. We are currently building a 68 Dodge Dart based around a brand new crate 5.7L HEMI. Mopar sent us the engine, and some prototype heads are supposed to be coming soon. Take a look at our website for a few pics and some more details. The car is being built specifically for drag racing, but there is also a Dart Swinger in the future that will be built for a future One Lap.

http://www.oakland.edu/org/pdmc/dart.htm

This club is a big reason my Camaro is not coming together as fast as I would like. We also have a 98 Neon we are racing in SCCA's SSC class.