PDA

View Full Version : Howdy From Maryland

BFreeZ28
03-17-2012, 04:17 AM
Hi my name is Brian, Im from Maryland. I have owned a 69 SS 396 Chevelle since 1992 and Ive never even driven it. I bought it in pieces and never put it back togther.
Now her time has come and Ive got an idea of what I want it to be. Im hoping this website and the fine folks here can help me build my dream ride.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/03/standard-1.jpg

Its pretty much a blank canvas
When its done it will be powered by a 6.0 LS engine and manual trans, leaning towards a T56.
It WILL have AC and POWER WINDOWS!!!! Triple black? Not gonna use the heat as an excuse not to drive it when its July.
The original 12 bolt has 4:10 gears that will be replaced by most likely 3:42's
Suspension and brakes will remain the original power disc/drum setup for now
Wheels are 15 inch factory style 5 spokes from Wheel Vintiques

Vicinity
03-17-2012, 04:46 AM
Welcome, glad to have more people from MD!

454bug
03-17-2012, 07:32 AM
Welcome! Better late than never when it comes to a project car. The stars have to align (for both time and money) to put one of these projects together. It's great you held on to it for that many years waiting for the right time in life.

Good luck with the project. The '69 Chevelle was always one of my all time favorites. One of my good buddies in high school had a '69 and it brings back a LOT of good memories... :drive:

You've got a great platform. Do your homework and try to get it right the first time. It gets really expensive to do things more than once... I know from experience!

Welcome aboard! :cheers:

CruizinKev
03-18-2012, 01:05 PM
welcome aboard Brian! good luck with the project! :twothumbs