PDA

View Full Version : %#^&% Window Up-stop

FrankenChevy
07-14-2005, 09:35 AM
Alright....I surrender! I've got a '67 Camaro that I'm working on and I've been working on getting the door/window mechanism working properly. I've been able to find everything I needed (either used or repro) except for the door window upstops. The car did not have them when I purchased it but I hate to put this thing back together without these installed. I've called several repro outlets that had them listed in their catalog and they were all out or discontinued and could not offer any suggestions.... I called several junk yards specializing in Camaros and they had all been stripped of these jewels. I figure that I've got a few options:
1) Post a request on this board to see if any one has any that may be available for purchase, or
2) ask if anyone knows of a source likely to stock such rare items (I've tried Rick's, Classic Ind, etc and several junk yards and online parts request websites)...or
3) see if anyone has there car apart and at a point in which they could give me a sketch of the dimensions of thes brackets (front & back) so that I can fab my own.
I don't think they would be to hard to fab...but I could be wrong... I thought they wouldn't be hard to find either. Let me know if anyone has any other ideas. At this point I'm out of ideas and options.

Thanks.