PDA

View Full Version : RTTC Results

Finch
03-14-2012, 06:57 AM
Results have been posted on www.americanstreetcarseries.com (http://www.americanstreetcarseries.com)

73CPCAMARO
03-14-2012, 07:35 AM
Thanks for posting. It would be nice to know the times for each day as all three events were different from Friday to Saturday. The autocross was more open on Saturday, the road course at the access road was more open Friday, and the speed/slalom/brake challenge was more open in the slalom on Satuday.

It looks like I may have had the best autocross time in Blu Balz with a 38.6XX. I ran that on Saturday after I drove Maier's car.

Brian

mpozzi
03-14-2012, 08:06 AM
Thanks from me as well. I'm in shock over my road course time as this was with really cooked brakes and an athletic tire pressure gauge doing Olympic quality gymnastics under my feet the entire time. Spent most of it trying to kick it back towards the seat while simultaneously reaching and looking down, then realizing there's a corner ahead and ... oh, crap ... giving the wheel a crank or two and sliding my way through. Never did get that sucker back in its house (center cup holder) until the brakes were cooled after my laps.

Evil gauge ...

And that Speed-Stop-Squared is the best thing to hit these Pro-Touring events since the Porta-Potty. And as for the latter, spend the bux and get a few more. Four were not enough for the crowd those two days and when a guy comes out saying "Don't go in there ... trust me," I paid attention. Wisely, too ...

Great event,
Mary Pozzi

mpozzi
03-14-2012, 08:10 AM
And James ... quitcherbitchin about not being able to drive well. You did great!!

LOL,
Mary P.

Project92rs
03-14-2012, 08:21 AM
I'm in shock over my road course time

Mary, you're in shock. I'm in shock that Val came in 10th in her GTA. :jawdrop: I look around the lot at these events and can't help but feel like we brought a knife to a gunfight. But Val and the car held their own out there.

Must have been that sticker we added to the window giving it a bit more stick and go.

Thanks again to Brian, Bill, Yancy, and everyone else that worked hard at putting the event together. The car may hate me for taking it to the party, but we wouldn't have missed it for anything. And we'll definitely be at more of these in the future.

So Cal Camaro
03-14-2012, 09:21 AM
Thanks for posting the results so quick... Not bad for my first RTTC event, road course was fun, ran 24th overall, only a 1/2 second behind Nick Licata, so not too bad...Autocross 31st and Speed/Slalom/Stop was 15th overall...Can't wait for next year....Thanks to all who put this event together...

rrelco
03-14-2012, 10:57 AM
Thanks everyone for a very fun event...I am so proud of my El Camino not to bad for 3,700 lb car/truck.... I am moving up the ladder LS and 5 or 6 speed and just maybe I will be up near the top. thanks again....

SLO_Z28
03-14-2012, 03:41 PM
It looks like I may have had the best autocross time in Blu Balz with a 38.6XX. I ran that on Saturday after I drove Maier's car.

Yeah, 3 of us had you at 38.6, not bad dude. Just think you had a 39.4 on the worse course, if only the unbreakable transmission didn't break, unless that time is from Saturday?

Mike Maier did a hell of a job, winning 3/4 events! and coming in second in the 4th! Not bad for a Ford on 255's :p

79-TA
03-14-2012, 04:37 PM
Thanks, ASCS folks for getting the times up so quickly! I'm interested to see what Bruce Cambern and his Ford GT put in for times (he was exhibition due to tires.)

Rod
03-14-2012, 06:33 PM
Thanks for Posting the results!!! It is cool to see what my little car ran after her driving 500+ miles and racing on the same tires, and a stock motor! waahooo! can we do it again this weekend??? :cool:

rdchandler
03-14-2012, 07:29 PM
I am so proud of my son, 13th on the road course (his 1st time ever) 8th in the Autocross (4th time ever) and 20th speed / stop (his only run). All on 400hp, comming back with more HP next time! Oh and we both had a blast all weekend. Thanks to everybody.
Rob

T/Aaron
03-14-2012, 08:04 PM
I think it's safe to say we all had a great time and we all have mods in mind for next year!

mike69cam
03-14-2012, 09:23 PM
My 3rd rttc, second one driving. finished middle of the pack in my 4200 lb red Challenger. Don't see me listed on the slalom results...it only shows 30 drivers. My 66 Chevelle should FINALLY (better be) be done for next year's event. Thanks to Bill and crew for another good one!

Mike Cavanah

79-TA
03-14-2012, 11:59 PM
It's really exciting to see the overall field become more and more competitive (by that I mean quicker.) I know there were a few guys that missed out that ran previous years while others took themselves off of the official results sheet with too sticky of tires. Add in those people and you've got a pretty quick field. And the cars and drivers will just keep getting quicker for next year. :twothumbs

Flash68
03-15-2012, 12:23 AM
I am so proud of my son, 13th on the road course (his 1st time ever) 8th in the Autocross (4th time ever) and 20th speed / stop (his only run). All on 400hp, comming back with more HP next time! Oh and we both had a blast all weekend. Thanks to everybody.
Rob

Ryon did fantastic out there Rob. You must be proud of that young gun. Very impressive.

It's really exciting to see the overall field become more and more competitive (by that I mean quicker.) I know there were a few guys that missed out that ran previous years while others took themselves off of the official results sheet with too sticky of tires. Add in those people and you've got a pretty quick field. And the cars and drivers will just keep getting quicker for next year. :twothumbs

Good call Brett. Absolutely agree.

DesertFox
03-15-2012, 05:25 AM
And that Speed-Stop-Squared is the best thing to hit these Pro-Touring events since the Porta-Potty. And as for the latter, spend the bux and get a few more. Four were not enough for the crowd those two days and when a guy comes out saying "Don't go in there ... trust me," I paid attention. Wisely, too.

:rotfl: So True!
Fun event, good times!

bosses son
03-15-2012, 06:25 AM
Wow i was the fastest 55 chevy at the event, winner by default.........

Meatyshells
03-15-2012, 07:26 AM
Had such a great time, I was also surprised with how I did with my little v6 haha. Thanks to wilwood for presenting me with the nice prize which I ordered yesterday. Cant wait to get the 6 pistons on the car

Finch
03-15-2012, 11:10 AM
My 3rd rttc, second one driving. finished middle of the pack in my 4200 lb red Challenger. Don't see me listed on the slalom results...it only shows 30 drivers. My 66 Chevelle should FINALLY (better be) be done for next year's event. Thanks to Bill and crew for another good one!

Mike Cavanah

Mike,

I just posted some additional times on the ASCS website I recently received so the Road Course and Speed Stop/Slalom should be complete. May have some minor changes still from the Auto-X

rjsolo
03-15-2012, 02:42 PM
Mike,

I just posted some additional times on the ASCS website I recently received so the Road Course and Speed Stop/Slalom should be complete. May have some minor changes still from the Auto-X

Hi Brian,

Do you think it would be possible to post our car #25 Friday times up?

39.007 - Autocross (verified by Greg Weld)
22.0 - Speed/Slalom/Stop
1:39.x - Track afternoon session

We signed up just for Friday in our import on 200tw tires, so it wouldn't take a spot from the core PT entrants on the sold-out Saturday. Bill was nice enough to let us participate in the event to allow us to get on Optima's radar. Great meeting everyone and chatting with Mike M. and Mary. We had a great battle with Mike in the S/S/S end of the day Friday! Gotta say this format was the funnest we ever done - Congrats and thanks to all the organizers.

Richard Jung
CiroDesignRacing.com

mpozzi
03-15-2012, 06:47 PM
Richard,

You guys did great and glad you were able to join us for some car fun. We've got a lot of the Evo/Subie AWD über-autocrossers up here in San Fran area and they take us to school on a regular basis. Great guys to run with.

If you get a chance, get on www.baautox.com as there's information on the American Autocross Series events. Those are awesome ...

Mary Pozzi

rjsolo
03-15-2012, 11:10 PM
Thanks Mary. I know quite a few of the bay area guys, and heard that the AAS event are fast and fun. Always wanted to do the Dual at DeAnza since the late 70's too. :) With all the $, engineering, and coolness! of the PT cars, they need to create a PT class, so you don't have to use the CP index.

Sales-TCI-Eng
03-16-2012, 11:01 AM
I didn't see Don Chemello listed anywhere. He ran on Friday with the black '32 Ford, car #108. I think it might be due to the fact he was on R888's but I noticed some other cars listed as exhibition so I figured I'd throw it out there.

-J

79-TA
03-16-2012, 02:05 PM
I think the exhibition cars that are listed are listed because they had legal tires, but were only exhibition due to Bill and Finch being event organizers while Green and Jung had foreign cars.

BAD_EFX
03-16-2012, 02:23 PM
Since the message board on the ASCS site gets little attention, I'll ask the question here: On the results for the road course at the bottom are ten cars listed with the phrase "No Time" next to the driver's name. Are these cars that had problems registering a signal/connection with the timing equipment or cars that were on less than 200 tread wear tires? I'm listed in that group and I was running on NT05's which are 200tw.
Thank you,
Casey

sik68
03-16-2012, 02:47 PM
Since the message board on the ASCS site gets little attention, I'll ask the question here: On the results for the road course at the bottom are ten cars listed with the phrase "No Time" next to the driver's name. Are these cars that had problems registering a signal/connection with the timing equipment or cars that were on less than 200 tread wear tires? I'm listed in that group and I was running on NT05's which are 200tw.
Thank you,
Casey

Hey Casey, did you move the RFID tag from the side of your car to the windshield for Saturday?

BAD_EFX
03-16-2012, 03:22 PM
My engine let go on my last lap of the road course on Friday, so I didn't run on Sat. The RFID was on the driver side all day Friday.