PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Louisiana

nanner54
03-13-2012, 07:26 PM
How's everyone doing? My name is Brennan, I'm a huge fan of the idea of taking the classic looks and combining the handling along with the reliability of powerful modern engines. I have a 67 dodge coronet with a 383 big block, four speed, and Hotchkis tvs system. I'm looking forward to learning a lot from the community.

go-fish
03-13-2012, 08:55 PM
Where you be at? I used to live in Bay St. Louis, MS (down the road from SlidelI). If I wasn't at home I was somewhere just over the state line. You're the Lone Ranger down there if you're into Pro-Touring.

fordsbyjay
03-13-2012, 09:32 PM
Where you be at? I used to live in Bay St. Louis, MS (down the road from SlidelI). If I wasn't at home I was somewhere just over the state line. You're the Lone Ranger down there if you're into Pro-Touring.

Hold on to that statement Tonto. I am from Lafayette and so is Ray and his killer beetle. Now he might be the only Dodge. :) Welcome aboard Brennan. Where about's in La are you?

BayouSS
03-14-2012, 04:28 AM
Welcome Brennan, you are not alone.

nanner54
03-14-2012, 04:39 AM
I'm right outside of baton rouge. So far I haven't seen any protouring cars around here. I'm still trying to finish mine. What type of cars y'all run down there in laffy boo?

EPertuit
03-14-2012, 04:51 AM
Prairieville here.

CruizinKev
03-14-2012, 12:50 PM
welcome aboard Brennan! :twothumbs

go-fish
03-14-2012, 02:09 PM
Prairieville here.

Then you're near the racetrack? Forgot what it was called but they had Pinks! All Out! there a few years ago. They ever get the road course up and running?

fordsbyjay
03-14-2012, 03:28 PM
I believe they do auto x racing at No Problem Raceway. I have never been to State Capital but I think that is where the Pinks was. If you have a chance can you post a picture of your car Brennan?

go-fish
03-14-2012, 06:39 PM
I believe they do auto x racing at No Problem Raceway.

That's what it was. I must've been mixed up on the two tracks. No Problem was the one I was thinking. I had some sportbike friends that went over there and they were saying cars didn't run there. This was 3-4 yrs ago.

I always have it in my mind to move back there.

nanner54
03-14-2012, 07:14 PM
They did pinks down at no problem in belle rose, and they actually have a track there. State capital race way is just drags on and off road. I'm excited about the new track called NOLA motorsports park. It has a 2.5 mile track and soon over 5 miles making it the longest track in north America. Along with the car track there is also 1.5 miles of kart tracks in the making.

As far as my car goes its not yet done. It sure won't be pretty when I get it on the road, I've spent all my money on suspension and building the drivetrain. As a poor college student paint and body aren't too high on my agenda. I'll post a pics as soon as I get over my IT illiteracies. It was a movie car in the dukes of hazzard race, which explains the sweet stickers.

SRD art
03-14-2012, 07:22 PM
Welcome! I'm in Utah for a couple more months and then transplanting to GA. You can come up and join in our events there when you're ready to roll.

nanner54
03-14-2012, 07:32 PM
This picture is from when I first drove it home, with the slant six and only first gear through a mufflerless exhaust. That ride was halarious going 25mph at what I would guess was 5500rpm.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/03/image-1.jpg

I've since put in a 68 superbee k member along with suspenion and brakes. I've already built a stout 383 b block for it with iron heads with tons of work, and rebuilt an a833 trans with Mcleod(sp?) clutch and ram flywheel. Also went from 3 speed column shift to the 4 speed floor shift. Here are the rims on it, I have some massive 11in rotors and willwood 4 piston calipers. If I could ever get out of school and get a decent job they will definitely be upgraded along with the trans, interior, paint, steering, and change to efi. Oh well I can dream.

Just curious if anyone knows what kind of wheels these are, because I dig them. If only they were bigger than 15in.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/03/image2-1.jpg

I've still got a long way to go but I plan on driving it to orlando in July, and I would love to come up to the GA and thrash it.