PDA

View Full Version : 61 F100 from Wiscinsin

6T1_Step
03-13-2012, 04:28 AM
My name is Dub, I'm building a 61 Ford F100. The build started as a pro street but the more I thought about it the more I wanted a real driver. I started out with a MII front end and now have switched to a Trans Am suspension, front and rear. I'm new to Pro Touring but I am not new to building and fabrication. Bodyman by trade, Hot Rod builder by heart. The truck has a Fuel Injected 5.8 running an E85 conversion, a C6 trans and a 2:56 gear. I'm building for daily driving and fuel millage. Add on's include power windows tilt cruise and A/C. As it sits the truck is tore down to redo the frame, yet again, and I'm on top of it. Still haven't decided on rear suspension. I started out with ol' skool ladder bars but I'm looking for something more driver friendly.I have many friends on this board mostly from the SPI board. I have a lot of reading to do and a lot of questions to ask. I am less concerned with the time frame of the build and more concerned with the final outcome. As I said I'm building a daily driver that will be driven all year as long as the roads are clear of snow. Shoulder surgery is going to halt the build for about 3 months so I have time to learn all I can.:fingersx:

CruizinKev
03-13-2012, 10:44 AM
welcome aboard Dub! :twothumbs sounds like a cool project! can't wait to see pics!

6T1_Step
03-16-2012, 05:35 AM
Thanks! It's going to be about 6 weeks before I can do anymore on the truck. Nice Monte! makes me miss mine even more. Had an 80 black w/white interior.... sold it 18 years ago but will never forget it...