PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Everyone

bosses son
03-12-2012, 08:14 PM
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that made this last weekend happen! I know there is a long list but there are a few people who i think deserve a shout out. I will start with Rodger from Ironworks. He shut down the shop early on a Thursday afternoon so a bunch of us could come by and check out all the cool stuff hes got laying around the shop. Greg Weld also footed the bill for the killer BBQ that was there for us, and i got to sit in Greg's bubble top with chain link steering wheel and Mercedes Bends seats (two things that should never go together).
Next i would like to thank Bill, Yancy, Brian, and all the ladies with American Streetcar Series. You guys put on ANOTHER great event that was and is the highlight of the racing season. The two days ran as smooth as could be expected and the addition of the speed stop squared was a very nice surprise and my favorite event. Just about everyone i have talked to agrees that it is much more fun than the old speed stop. Starting with the tree adds a whole new aspect and was a great experience for people like me who have very little experience with being on the strip.
The road course was awesome! There were some high speed spots where we could really stretch our legs, but laid out so we were back down to a reasonable speed before the turns.
The Autocross was great! I had a heck of a time trying to figure out how to be fast around it, and only made a few runs that i thought might be fast. It was tough and i came off the track scratching my head more than once wondering why i blew that SAME corner AGAIN!
I would like to add some constructive criticism if i can, some sort of score board on the autocross would have been really nice. Knowing what to shoot for when you are racing against your self and your best time would have been very helpful for me. I had no idea if what i was doing out there to try and go faster was working. The other thing that this would do is get the crowd more into it. If they can see times then they can get behind you while we are out there.

The next people i would like to thank is Doug and Cassie for opening their home up to a BUNCH of people on Saturday night. If you were not there you really missed out. Chris from JCG sponsored the taco cart and it did not disappoint! The house was packed with the best bunch of people around and good times were had by all (except your neighbor who came over at 11:30, right as Rich was finishing "racing" the 7th or 8th person in who can pound a beer the quickest, asking us to keep it down). I got to hear the smack talking between the Payback VS Blue Balz shootout that went on early that weekend. There was some sort of race car redneck thing that Bill premiered which looked awesome! There was even some apple pie!

All in all i had an awesome weekend, got to see a bunch of my buddies that i dont see enough, and got to drive the snot out of my car. Life is good! I cant wait for the next one!

Vegas69
03-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Kyle, I think we were born with the same wild hair. You couldn't of said it any better. I'm looking forward to Buttonwillow. You better tune up that little V6. ha ha

CarlC
03-12-2012, 11:07 PM
What Kyle said. Thank you to the sponsors as well because without them we could not have all of this fun.

The SS^2 ended up becoming the most fun driving event for me. Having a BUNCH of fun-runs with James and Mary in OLC on Saturday was the most fun I've had in the car in a long time.

The quote of the weekend, after telling Bill Goldberg that he was being a good sport for wearing the pink hat for so long: "I had to wear a Spandex Speedo in front of a five-million person audience. This is nothing."

Rod
03-13-2012, 09:43 AM
the events was great, tons of fun, great to see my friends that I never see since were all busy, even better to meet some new ones, great to drive the snot outta my car with friends and thanks to Kyle from Newman car creations and Keith from customworks for helping with all the last minute repairs to my car, it was a great shake down week for me after getting it together sunday and driving my car the 547 miles to the event I ran into a few problems, an electric fan that burned out, a sepintine bracket that bent, and exhuast collector bolts that fell out on the drive down, and at the event, Thanks Bill for such a great event, and lets keep making them better, thanks to everyone that attended, its so much fun to drive

The quote of the weekend, after telling Bill Goldberg that he was being a good sport for wearing the pink hat for so long: "I had to wear a Spandex Speedo in front of a five-million person audience. This is nothing."

Goldberg looked better in the pink hat than the speedo,,,, just saying,, good job goldy