PDA

View Full Version : Car & Driver Race series at the Silverdome this weekend

Scooter70
07-13-2005, 08:57 AM
https://www.precisionracing.org/index.php

Event Details:

3 drag race tries
3 Autocross attempts (1 minute course - 0.9 miles)
5 skid pad attempts (100 ft diameter)

Anybody going? They're putting me in the Open Touring class (I think because it's just easier than totaling up all of the points for modifications).

If you go, find me and say hi.

-Matt

Scooter70
07-17-2005, 04:01 PM
Well, it downpoured as soon as I got done putting the race tires on the car, so I changed back to the street tires in the rain. :hammer: After a few hour delay, they started with a wet track. I kept the streets on after a small lugnut issue prevented getting them bolted back on the car.

The car pushed like a pig thru every corner and I couldn't get it to oversteer, even with a lot of throttle input. Lessons "reinforced" (because I should have learned them by now): 1) 15" wheels and Firestone tires suck. 2) My home-garage alignment stinks. 3) Don't pull vinyl stickers off without heating them with a hairdryer. (I pulled off a 4"x6" square of paint from my driver's side door trying to get the sticker off. I'm pretty pissed right now about the whole thing.) :crying:

trapin
07-23-2005, 05:16 PM
Sounds like fun, I wasn't aware that there was an event going on at the Silverdump this weekend. Don't they have drive-in movie theater screens set up there too?

Scooter70
07-29-2005, 10:31 AM
Tony,
It was a few weeks ago. I think the screens are still up but I'm not sure if/when they show movies.