PDA

View Full Version : Warning about Perry Price at PTS

Garymac69
03-02-2012, 09:43 AM
I placed an order with Perry on December 16 for $3K of Billet-Specialties wheels and gave him 50% deposit. Since the wheels should have been shipped by now, I became very concerned about the wheel order. I have been trying to contact Perry, but his phone is disconnected and he is not responding to messages. Today I contacted the director of sales and marketing with Billet-Specialties. He states that there is no order placed from Perry for the wheels. He has also received several calls from other individuals with the same situation with Perry.

My payment was through paypal, and I filed a claim, but the transaction is past 45 days, so they say they cannot get a refund. Now I have to round up more money and can't drive my car for another 8 weeks while the wheels are built!

I purchased $4500 of Ridetech equipment through PTS the middle of last year and had no issues, so I was really not expecting this! This makes me loose all faith in humanity!

Gary

bret
03-02-2012, 10:27 AM
As indicated in other threads, RideTech has cancelled the PTS dealership because of similar issues. I am sorry this has happened to you...it sucks...I wish I could have done something more/sooner.

Garymac69
03-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Unfortunately, I also recommended PTS to a friend, so likely he is also out $1000 for the TruTurn kit. I dread calling him tonight to give the bad news .

Gary

Garymac69
03-07-2012, 09:09 AM
** Update**
I received an email from Perry and he has promised to mail today a cashiers check for my refund. I see that he has promised the same to people on the Corvette and Camaro5 forums. Hopefully he follows through with his promise.
I am talking directly with Billet Specialties to get the wheels ordered - I'm scared to go through another vendor.

Gary

Garymac69
03-09-2012, 05:06 AM
***Update*****
I just received a letter from Perry apologizing and stating that he wants to reimburse his customers. But he has no assets to sell for a quick resolution. I guess that means the check is not in the mail.