PDA

View Full Version : Unique Performance Fiasco

Snake Eater
02-29-2012, 04:31 PM
Does anyone know how the Unique Performance Fiasco turned out? It seems that after 2008 nobody has any information on what happened to Doug Hasty and the cars. I know that there were some lawsuits against Shelby as well. I did a quick Internet search and couldn't find anything past 08. Velocity is showing repeats of Rides episodes and it piqued interest.

ord27
02-29-2012, 05:17 PM
The lead mechanic and the original crew members were friends of mine. Bobby, David, and Clyde helped me build a '68 GTO rag top before Hasty etal recruited them for the Eleanor builds. Bobby got out just before it all went south. He has a shop in Ft Worth now. I can't say for sure what happened to Doug. I didn't care much for him anyway.....

Modo Innovations
02-29-2012, 06:59 PM
I don't know anything about the lawsuits, but there is a shop that opened up in Valley View, TX that is owned by 2 ex Unique Performance employees. The shop's name is Riley Perfomance Motorcars http://www.rileyrpm.com/#. They are an authorized Shelby continuation builder (or whatever it is called). They built one of the Shelby's that was rescued from the UP fiasco. It sold the same night that John Parson's Chevy II was sold at Barrett Jackson. This Shelby (not original) sold during a commercial break for $330K. It had Shelby's autograph on the hood...not a small one but it went all the way across the hood.

The last time I was there they had another one or maybe two orders for Shelby's and the also had a Foose Camaro that was also purchased at the UP auction. The same owner that owned the won that sold at BJ has one of the orders placed and also owns the Foose Camaro. I think the owner is from Sweden?