PDA

View Full Version : Perry Price at PTS Wheels

6D9 Matt
02-29-2012, 08:30 AM
Well let me start out by saying I researched around a few forums and shopped online prices, and came across Perry at PTS Wheels as being a good vendor for my wheels purchase. I was in the market for two Billet Specialties Street Stars (17x11") for the rear build of my 69 Camaro.

Here is the run down of the situation:

* Date of initial transaction = January 16, 2012 - Payment sent and received by Perry.
* Material / Service Purchased = Two (2) Billet Specialties Street Stars in 17x11" size.
* Method of payment = Paypal ($660)
* Promised Delivery Date = I was told no more than 4 weeks to my door initially (which I had heard same from Billet Specialties).
* Actual Delivery Date = NEVER HAPPENED

Basically I waited until about 4 weeks and PMed Perry on here (Monday, Feb. 13) and asked about the status and if I could get the shipping info so I could schedule to be home to receive the delivery. He told me they were a week behind and that they were shipping out the following week (5th week since payment). He even said he would refund me a little money because of my delay (which I never saw, but didnt push for it bc I had the impression he was doing his job, boy was I WRONG). So the following Monday (Feb. 20 - 5th week from payment) I PM Perry again and ask for the status and delivery info. No responses. I PM him again the following day (Tuesday) and to no avail, no response. I check his profile and he HAD IN FACT BEEN ONLINE a most recent time of Tuesday night at like 10 PM. So he DID see my PM's and DID NOT RESPOND. Basically I never heard from him again after Monday, Feb. 13 when he told me they were a week behind and would be shipped out the following week.

Finally, I find his cell number through a friend that ordered from him previously, and I start to call occasionally and leave a voicemail (bc I had already called his work number 30+ times with NO answering. Well I decide to call Billet Specialties and spoke with Tim in sales and he looks it up and NO ORDER WAS EVER PLACED. So now I know I have been getting jerked around. Finally on this past Monday (February 27th - 6 weeks after payment) I get ahold of Perry bc he TEXT MESSAGES ME BACK (no call) and says he will have refund back to me that day. Im pissed bc I have WASTED 6 weeks and I told Perry this was a time sensitive matter and my Camaro had to go into the builder at the end of February for a new rear, quadralink, minitub, etc and HAD to have the wheels. Well now Im thinking atleast Ill get payment, but had to call my builder, who was not happy that I had to push this back another month, but he was understanding and agreed to see me in late March (thankfully!). So basically I get the run around for 2 days and text Perry back yesterday (Tuesday, Feb. 28) letting him know I filed a dispute on PayPal and he needs to get on there and reply. He texts me later that night and says once again he will get me payment when he gets home that night. Well I wake up this morning (Wednesday) and NOTHING. Finally though, around 9 AM I get an email from PayPal that Perry refunded my money.

So basically, after 6 weeks of wasted time, full payment at the start, and NO ORDER EVEN PLACED with Billet Specialties, I get my money back. I have wasted so much time, and now I have to re-order the wheels and push back my build another 4-5 weeks. Perry tells me that he has been going through a lot lately (situation with Ridetech which he is NOT a distributor for anymore apparently, and also a "nasty" divorce) but I dont care. It would be different if he had the intent of taking my money and placing an order, but he DIDNT. BLATANTLY taking my money for other reasons (probably for himself financially, but who knows).

Either way, I would NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE go with Perry Price at PTS for anything. Sounds to me on all these forums that he is in deep with a lot of people, and Im glad i just got my money back. Hope everyone else who has orders with him get taken care of too.

/rant