PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Misc factory AC parts (67 Camaro)

KevinK
02-27-2012, 06:20 AM
I'm in the early phases of getting into my AC system, so I thought to post an ad.

Not sure of all that I need yet, ...but this is for a 67 Camaro small block (35), that I'm (somewhat still on the fence) planning to redo all stock.

Some used parts I'm looking for (that I know of) at this time:

- AC "muffler clamp" that clamps the ac muffler to the compressor (straps around compressor and a/c muffler)
- Condenser bracket (to radiator support) (I know this is available repro, but if someone is not using theirs...)
- Drier mounting brackets...
- underdash AC/heater box, ...I have the box itself, but inside, there is a white plastic 'baffle' (riveted in), ...that is deteriorated/dried out in mine.

This is an original AC car so, I have all the compressor brackets, ...and plan on replacing the condenser, evaporator, heater core, POA valve, hoses, etc.

Thanks,

Kevin

jwcarguy
02-28-2012, 11:49 AM
Kevin,

Are you planning on going to a big block at all in the future?

I have a big block case in my 68' that I am going to remove

Thanks, Jeff

KevinK
03-05-2012, 04:54 AM
Kevin,

Are you planning on going to a big block at all in the future?

I have a big block case in my 68' that I am going to remove

Thanks, Jeff

Hey Jeff,
I'll be putting a small block in (motor is all ready). Will you be using the factory AC/heater box from under the dash? ...that I would be interested in (I just found a piece is broken from mine.
BTW, I'm heading to LV later this month :)

Kevin

Chad-1stGen
03-05-2012, 12:57 PM
I have the AC/Heater box out of my 68 that I don't need. I can probably get some pics of it next weekend when my wife visits her parents (it is in their garage). I'm not sure on how good of condition it is since I planned to not use it from the beginning. Let me know of any specific spots to take a pic of. Also, not sure how practical it is ship from CA...

KevinK
03-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Chad,
Thanks for your reply. As for pics, nothing in particular, other than to check to see if the main 'ac/heater' box itself is not cracked or broken. This is the first AC equipped 1st gen I've worked on, I did not know the underdash AC/heater box is NOT metal, it's a composite, and not as long as the (metal) non-AC ones.
The white 'baffle' that is deteriorated on mine is inside the box, so unless you remove the heater core, you won't know. I did also find my box has a piece broken off the (left) end (viewed as it would be mounted in the car). So if you're willing to take a photo or two, that would be an area I'd be interested in.

Thanks in advance for checking,

Kevin

If yours looks to be useable, I'll (obviously) cover cost and whatever the shipping is. If you didn't mind (since I won't need the heater core), a 1/4 nut driver is all it takes to open it up.