PDA

View Full Version : Dissapointed with Kore3!

TheJDMan
02-25-2012, 09:50 AM
In early November 2011 I called Kore3 and spoke with Tobin about a couple of custom parts I needed to have fabricated for my C6 Z06 9" floater rear brakes. My Moser 9" floater came with rotor adaptors which have an 8 on 7" bolt pattern for the rotor mount but no one I could find sells a 13" or 14" 1.1" thick rotor with an 8 on 7" mount. So like John Parsons, I was going to have to have a pair of custom rotor adaptors made. I visited with Tobin about having him provide me with a pair of rotor adaptors and weld on caliper mounts. We spoke a couple of times on the phone discussed options and on 11/15/2011 I shipped him one of my rotor adaptors to use as a template to make the custom adaptors. On 11/21/2011 Tobin sent me an email and said he had received my package with the rotor adaptor. In that email Tobin ask if I wanted a steel or aluminum adaptor and what diameter my axle tube was. We exchanged a few more emails on 11/21/2011. Since it was getting close to Thanksgiving holiday, Tobin said it would be after the holiday before he could get me a quote which I totally understood. That was the last communication I received from Tobin. I waited for a week after Thanksgiving and when I did not hear from Tobin I called Kore3 around the first of December to see what the status of the quote was. I was told that he was waiting to hear from his machine shop and would check back and let me know. After another two weeks I had not heard from Tobin so I called again about 12/10/2011. Tobin told me he would give me a quote in a couple of days. Two days came and went and I did not hear from Tobin. At that point I decided that I was not going to keep calling for a quote. By 12/15/2011 I called Moser and ordered a rotor adaptor to replace the one I had sent to Tobin. During Christmas holiday I ordered Wilwood rotors from Summit and modified my rotor adaptors to mount them and once the rotors were installed I was able to get dimensions to fabricate the caliper mounts. To date I have never heard from Tobin again and he never returned the rotor adaptor I sent him. No Explanation, no communication, nothing. In order to keep my build on schedule, I fabricated the parts I needed and ultimately finished my 9" floater brakes.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Apogee
02-27-2012, 07:13 AM
Steve, I'm sorry you were dissapointed with KORE3 and more specifically myself. Mostly I'm sorry for apparently committing to a timeline that neither I nor my vendors apparently could meet for a variety of reasons that I don't need to go into here. I'm also sorry that you feel the need to post this thread without so much as a heads up to us or opportunity to give our side of the story, but so be it, here we are. I agree with your account for the most part, although I thought I had given you a verbal quote of $60 for the brackets in early December during one of our conversations, and I thought I mentioned that we were getting backed up at the end of the year and that it might not happen until after Christmas/New Years, but like any story, there are always two sides and I can't change that.

That said, we've actually had your brackets done since the first part of January, Jan 6th to be exact, right around the time when I saw a thread (https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?86022-Clocking-brake-calipers&p=869985&highlight=#post869985) that you had fabricated your own mounts. Needless to say I was a little dissapointed myself and decided that if I couldn't say anything nice, I wouldn't say anything at all. I understand you have a schedule to keep, however after the number of hours that I spent working with you on your project at no cost to you, running through iterations and changes and layouts for you, I would too would have appreciated a heads up just as I'm sure you would have appreciated being kept more in the loop.

I have your rotor adapter plate and it will be shipped out today at no cost to you, so that you can honestly say that you have not ever spent a dime with us, and maybe that's for the best. Good luck and best wishes with the rest of your build, I'm sure it's going to be an amazing car when you're done with it.

Best Regards,
Tobin Knighton
KORE3 Industries