PDA

View Full Version : how much should ask for my car?

Oakesters
02-23-2012, 07:31 PM
1967 camaro rs/ss clone for sale . Black plate car , Yellow with white strips , custom seats , door panels , front disc brakes , hotchicks front sway bar , and springs , 10 bolt rear end, center line wheels , cd player , motor and trans not in car But, have a 350 with new alum heads rhs 180cc,com cam and a muncie 4 speed , custom interior grey tweed . small rust bubbles , great project car .Not running

CreepinDeth
02-24-2012, 05:33 AM
Not enough pictures to guesstimate actual condition.

Looks like it's stored outdoors with no motor/trans??

Oakesters
02-29-2012, 11:16 PM
ya stored outdoors , but im in cal no bad rust here

vintageracer
03-01-2012, 06:05 AM
This answer to this question is ALWAYS on everyone's mind as nobody wants to sell their car short. The reality of a NON-RUNNING car is that you will automatically eliminate half the buyers. Project car's are a very hard sell now and especially at a price that most owner's think the car is worth. Seller's of project cars ALWAYS have a much greater opinion of their car's value than the market will support!

I can buy LOT'S of NICE 67 Camaro RS cars for $20K-$25K right now and the ONLY thing I have to put into the car is the ignition key! By your own description you have a Non Running, Non Original Project Car with rust that needs lots of mechanical work, paint/body work and interior work. Tweed interiors went out with the 1990's so it's time for new interior. Rust bubbles means body work and paint that's EXPENSIVE and in many cases takes YEARS for paint and body men to complete. The engine and transmission are out of the car for some reason so that means "Mo Money" for mechanical work. Start pricing all this work and I just spent $10K-$15K. Now realize that I or anyone else will NOT do all this work for nothing. Buyer's want to have some expectation of a car worth more than they have spent on the car (notice I did NOT say invested in the car). If that will NOT be the case then buying a car done that will meet the buyer's needs is damn near always cheaper and certainly a much quicker to achieve the new ride of your dreams. Paint and body guys have RUINED our hobby. A trip to the body shop now for any reason with a vintage car means 6-12 months worth of STORAGE by the body shop owner until the work gets completed. If it's an old car that needs paint/body work I won't buy or if I do buy it I sell the way it is. Yes vintage car paint and body men are that BAD!

Just based on the few pictures, your description and the cost of the work needed to make this car a $20k car in today's market I think you have a $8K car. $10K tops IF the buyer just had to have that car. In today's world the car is worth more money parted out than selling the car whole.

Probably not what you wanted to hear but you did ask for opinions!

SLO_Z28
03-01-2012, 03:58 PM
$6500-7500, and with a very limited market. Tow it to Good Guys car corall and toss a sign on it for $9000 obo and see who bites.

John510
03-04-2012, 10:36 PM
6K. If you can see bubbles now wait until you blast it.

MrQuick
03-05-2012, 10:56 PM
where are you located? Lets get it running.