PDA

View Full Version : La Quinta Parking security

Gandalf
02-22-2012, 11:46 AM
La Quinta parking overnight security - there was a thread on this last year. All going well, I have a vested interest in the arrangments this year and I'm curious to know what the outcome was?

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?76592-La-Quinta-Parking-Lot-Duty

G.

T/Aaron
02-22-2012, 12:38 PM
No idea, but I'd volunteer for duty.

Rod
02-22-2012, 12:59 PM
security was great , as I know we had no problems, I think it was well covered the hotel had security also for a club they have next to them, I will say that I left my keys hanging in my trunk lock when I went to dinner for 2 hours and came back freaked out and, everything was still there!!! thank god!

Gandalf
02-26-2012, 09:17 PM
That's great to hear. I'm willing to put in for dedicated parking-lot security if those who have attended before think it necessary.

G.

796spdbu
02-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Ti juana's is closed (the restaruant next to the hotel) is closed so no worries there...

killer69
02-28-2012, 08:03 AM
too bad there was some good senery there. lol

Dayton
02-28-2012, 12:42 PM
I'm willing to put in for dedicated parking-lot security if those who have attended before think it necessary.

G.

I would throw in some $$$$ to hire a dirty Harry type dude to watch our cars.
I'm staying at La Quinta

mpozzi
02-28-2012, 03:05 PM
We all should be fine as the La Quinta is somewhat off the beaten path and the parking area is at the end of a street. Not much traffic at night especially with Tia Juana's gone. Most of the hotel rooms are next to or above cars too.

Hope this year isn't an exception to the rule ...

Mary Pozzi

James OLC
02-28-2012, 03:21 PM
Whoa.... Whoa... Whoa.... Tia Juana's is gone.....

mpozzi
02-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Yep, James. No canceling your trip either! I know you're broken up over this too.

This means it's either that burger place (Knollwoods, IIRC) or Denny's.

Project92rs
02-28-2012, 04:45 PM
Yep, James. No canceling your trip either! I know you're broken up over this too.

Or the other option.... I have this punch recipe and we can all sit and watch our cars not go anywhere.... :cheers:

Gandalf
02-29-2012, 07:01 AM
We all should be fine as the La Quinta is somewhat off the beaten path and the parking area is at the end of a street. Not much traffic at night especially with Tia Juana's gone. Most of the hotel rooms are next to or above cars too.

Hope this year isn't an exception to the rule ...

Mary Pozzi

Dear State Farm - Mary said it would be fine (J/K). Good points Mary.

Whoa.... Whoa... Whoa.... Tia Juana's is gone.....

Yeah - I'm bummed about that too - thought the food and the Margarita's were decent ;-)

Nice to have some options on-premise.

Or the other option.... I have this punch recipe and we can all sit and watch our cars not go anywhere.... :cheers:

I hear they have a good punch recipe in TN - maybe we book out all those balcany rooms overlooking the parking lot....

Maybe I'm paranoid but I don't have one of them big fancy trailers.

G.

Project92rs
02-29-2012, 08:41 AM
I hear they have a good punch recipe in TN - maybe we book out all those balcany rooms overlooking the parking lot....

Maybe I'm paranoid but I don't have one of them big fancy trailers.

G.

I was thinking of using this one. It's a little different than the one from TN...

2 cups rum
2 cups gin
2 cups vodka
2 cups amaretto almond liqueur
1 cup triple sec
2 cups peach schnapps
1 cup grenadine syrup
1 gal cranberry juice
1 can grapefruit juice
2 cups sloe gin
1 2 liter bottle SpriteŽ soda

tazzz25906112
02-29-2012, 01:40 PM
I was thinking of using this one. It's a little different than the one from TN...

2 cups rum
2 cups gin
2 cups vodka
2 cups amaretto almond liqueur
1 cup triple sec
2 cups peach schnapps
1 cup grenadine syrup
1 gal cranberry juice
1 can grapefruit juice
2 cups sloe gin
1 2 liter bottle SpriteŽ soda

See my liver,,, I mean I'm feeling better about things already ;-) LOL

mpozzi
02-29-2012, 02:51 PM
If I drink that punch recipe and my car chooses to go somewhere. I won't be in any condition to stop it ... LOL.

Mary "lightweight" Pozzi

Project92rs
02-29-2012, 03:15 PM
If I drink that punch recipe and my car chooses to go somewhere. I won't be in any condition to stop it ... LOL.

Mary "lightweight" Pozzi

But it tastes like Kool Aid and goes down so smoothly you won't mind if the car goes somewhere. The trick is stopping early enough that you still want to drive the following morning.

And it is something of the signature drink for the group from AZ to show up with at events so we thought we should bring it along this time.

CarlC
03-01-2012, 07:31 AM
Don't drink the Kool Aid.....